Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/12 Phils @ SOX 7:10PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    And his cigar smoking skills. Keeping those things lit in the shower was amazing.

He was fun to watch.
    He defined the cliche "worth the price of admission."

Interesting move leaving Dalbec in against the righty.

Edit - and Bob puts up a really good AB
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Ok, nothing short of an amazing comeback and Hamilton provides more. Incredible.

Nah. It was June of 1974. Darrell Johnson gave him a break and gave him 4 days off after that game. Tiant pitched a complete game win against Vida Blue (who also went the route) on June 10th. Then the aforementioned game against the Angels on June 14 followed by another win against Blue on the 18th. Tiant “only” went 10 in that one and didn’t pitch the bottom of the 11th in a Sox win.

8 days, 34+ innings

Ryan wimped out of that game in the 12th or 13th.
    With today's pitch count procedure, it would take the average pitcher at least 30 days to pitch 34 innings.

DHam might end up redeeming the JBJ trade, at this rate!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Too bad Fred’s no longer enjoying the game.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Hamilton. He should be put on paper currency.

Deity
    Hamilton doing everything he can to make that Bradley trade look good…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Yes, the dropped catch by Smith sucked, and forced Crawford to throw more pitches and face more batters.

The two homers by Schwarber were not on the D, and we'd probably have lost, even without the error.

Our O needs to show up to improve our odds.
    You're right, of course you are. I've mentioned the offense needing improvement, but pretty much decided "not in my lifetime."

So here we are in the 5th freaking inning, and I think I'll still here--to everyone's consternation.

And the Sox just stomped all over the Phillies pitching with 6 runs, to take the lead, 6-4, in what seemed a hopeless game against a vastly superior team. I threw rocks, tomatoes, you name it at Devers last night, and tonight he has hit up a storm. And did Cora pinch hit yet afreakingain? He did, Valdez for Westbrook--and 2 rbi's.

Pivetta had a tough night, but I still like him. Booser and Kelly have relieved nicely in the 5th and 6th.

Back to the hitting. Here are the OPS's Cora sent up against the excellent Phillies pitching--

Duran .789
    Refsnyder .874
    O'Neill .853
    Devers .930
    Wong .844
    Westbrook .620/Valdez .598
    Dalbec .445
    Hamilton .827
    Rafaela .604.

So, while I agree the 6th, 7th, and 9th OPS's ain't so great, the other six look pretty good to me. Maybe that's why they are blasting the Phillies right now.

Of course there is an alternate explanation. SPLENDIDSPLINTER started the game thread.

I appreciate Duran's excitement and willingness to take chances but that may not have been the best idea of the night. Surely hope we don't wind up needing one run more

D. Hamilton. A player starting the season in the outhouse and now residing in the penthouse. Let's hope he doesn't get evicted.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-12-2024 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    You're right, of course you are. I've mentioned the offense needing improvement, but pretty much decided "not in my lifetime."

So here we are in the 5th freaking inning, and I think I'll still here--to everyone's consternation.

And the Sox just stomped all over the Phillies pitching with 6 runs, to take the lead, 6-4, in what seemed a hopeless game against a vastly superior team. I threw rocks, tomatoes, you name it at Devers last night, and tonight he has hit up a storm. And did Cora pinch hit yet afreakingain? He did, Valdez for Westbrook--and 2 rbi's.

Pivetta had a tough night, but I still like him. Booser and Kelly have relieved nicely in the 5th and 6th.

Back to the hitting. Here are the OPS's Cora sent up against the excellent Phillies pitching--

Duran .789
    Refsnyder .874
    O'Neill .853
    Devers .930
    Wong .844
    Westbrook .620/Valdez .598
    Dalbec .445
    Hamilton .827
    Rafaela .604.

So, while I agree the 6th, 7th, and 9th OPS's ain't so great, the other six look pretty good to me. Maybe that's why they are blasting the Phillies right now.

Of course there is an alternate explanation. SPLENDIDSPLINTER started the game thread.
    Yer dern right, Max.

Legend
    Too bad Fred’s no longer enjoying the game.
    Meh
    Watching the Celtics. ItsTHE FINALS! Did check the score though and thought I’d drop in. I know you all miss me.

This team does have a scrappiness quality to it. I called it heart and soul earlier, this year, and I’m not sure that’s the right words for it, but I will say, there have been many enjoyable things to watch with this team.

I know, I know, it’s all due to low expectations, and some think we shout pout and cry and boycott our beloved Sox in hopes of waking up a billionaire and holding him ransom.

Chuckle, chuckle. Like that’s gonna work.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Because of my innate modesty, I very seldom admit that I'm no Splinter, but I am Splendid.