Register now to remove this ad

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

I think we were expecting Bello to pitch at Luxury Tax Payroll level.

In reality he is pitching to his annual W-2 wages.

He will get better and keep up with his cash wages.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Weird thing about DeJong is he has really struggled against LHP this year, reverse splits are weird.

That could easily reverse the rest of the way, or if he's really going to struggle vs. LHP then put Rafaela at SS for a start or two a week against a lefty and load the outfield up with O'Neill and Refsnyder at the corners. Or just sit Ceddanne and play Hamilton there, I'm not in love with Hamilton at SS but he's fine there for a game here and there.
    Or just play DeJong since his best attribute isn’t his bat…

Let’s just concentrate on a decent SPer, and kick the tires on longer controlled ones, first.

Worst case: we can get a decent SPer for a couple prospects ranked below 9 or 10th.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Dream scenario: the Red Sox acquire Eavoldi and V-Lad at the trade deadline. With these two additions, the Red Sox are a championship caliber team.

The problem: it would be impossible to acquire Eavoldi and V-Lad without giving up at least one of the top 4 studs in the Red Sox system (I presume): Mayer, Campbell, Teel, Anthony.

It would be so awesome to see V-Lad and Devers in the same lineup. It would remind us of the Ortiz, Manny days.
    Last edited by Fan_since_Boggs; 07-08-2024 at 07:25 PM.

Deity
    At 9 games over .500, this team is performing better at this point than anybody thought that they would. why mess with the mojo? What they will have to deal with sooner or later is that with respect to positional play, there won't be enough positions to use the young talent that they seem to have. They have had this problem before.

If anything, they get a midrotation starter and someone to help out in the bullpen. Not sure they make a huge splash as it's really a sellers market these days. Sox aren't close enough to the top to go all in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If anything, they get a midrotation starter and someone to help out in the bullpen. Not sure they make a huge splash as it's really a sellers market these days. Sox aren't close enough to the top to go all in.
    I'm sticking with Tyler Anderson and Paul DeJong as my choice of realistic targets. I suppose Anderson could push himself out of the Sox range.

Put Winckowski back in the bulllpen to help out there...

3.99 FIP since coming back from AAA for Winckowski which about matches his career. I think he's an ok pitcher, but he's not really a late inning guy in my book.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    3.99 FIP since coming back from AAA for Winckowski which about matches his career. I think he's an ok pitcher, but he's not really a late inning guy in my book.

I like him more as a reliever than as a starter…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I like him more as a reliever than as a starter…
    I agree. I don't like him as a starter at all. I tolerate him as a reliever.
    I get MV Pee.

Probably another week until the hot stove really lights up, but we are getting close. I expect to start seeing some activity after the all star game.

Maybe one day teams can trade draft picks, wouldn't mind seeing the Sox bow out of this one.

Hey, we get a draft coming up soon too.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Probably another week until the hot stove really lights up, but we are getting close. I expect to start seeing some activity after the all star game.

Maybe one day teams can trade draft picks, wouldn't mind seeing the Sox bow out of this one.

Hey, we get a draft coming up soon too.
    Bow out of buying this year, you mean?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    At 9 games over .500, this team is performing better at this point than anybody thought that they would. why mess with the mojo? What they will have to deal with sooner or later is that with respect to positional play, there won't be enough positions to use the young talent that they seem to have. They have had this problem before.
    I hear you, and definitely agree about the mojo. However, it sure looks as though both the players and the manager would love to see another good bat and another good arm added by July 31.

Per Bres no decision yet on addition(s).

I'm not optimistic
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    I think they'll buy, but not big. A RHH, and a half-decent starter.
    WAR is good for something.