Register now to remove this ad

Page 38 of 75 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    There's a thread for the Sale trade.
    Red Sox team ERA: 3.61 (7th in MLB), K/9: 8.68 (10th in MLB), BB/9 2.60 (4th in MLB), WHIP: 1.19 (6th).

You can mention Chris Sale as much as you want, this is one of the top run prevention units in the league so far. That is a fact. What isn't a fact is what Chris Sale may or may have not brought to the table. Let's not deal in what-ifs, let's deal in facts. The fact is the pitching infrastructure of this team is miles better than it was last year, as the team has turned from one of the worst run prevention units in the league to one of the best, under Breslow and the pitching coach he brought in . The rest is noise.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    Red Sox team ERA: 3.61 (7th in MLB), K/9: 8.68 (10th in MLB), BB/9 2.60 (4th in MLB), WHIP: 1.19 (6th).

You can mention Chris Sale as much as you want, this is one of the top run prevention units in the league so far. That is a fact. What isn't a fact is what Chris Sale may or may have not brought to the table. Let's not deal in what-ifs, let's deal in facts. The fact is the pitching infrastructure of this team is miles better than it was last year, as the team has turned from one of the worst run prevention units in the league to one of the best, under Breslow and the pitching coach he brought in . The rest is noise.
    The overall results have been excellent, that's indisputable.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Moon, do you consider C.Rafaela a high quality defensive SS? Just curious. If Rafaela is a solid or better than average defender at SS, it might make the most sense to give him the starting SS job and look for an upgrade (right handed bat) at either DH or RF.

Also, what are you throughts on Duran's defense? Is he a good enough defensive player in centerfield?
    Rafaela is fine. He's an above average CF with GG caliber defense. At SS, he's not that.

Duran is above average in CF. I think his metrics are juiced a little, but he's been very good this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

How has Breslow bombed anything regarding the current or projected pitching staff for this team? Just curious.
    Bello hasn't stepped up and Joely was a waste of a roster spot, but hard to call either a bomb.
    I get MV Pee.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bello hasn't stepped up and Joely was a waste of a roster spot, but hard to call either a bomb.
    They probably have a certain level of faith in fixing Bello.
    WAR is good for something.

Deity
    They probably have a certain level of faith in fixing Bello.
    Bello hasn't been horrible. He's just been worse than the unextended Houck and Crawford...

Quote Originally Posted by Fan_since_Boggs View Post
    Moon, do you consider C.Rafaela a high quality defensive SS? Just curious. If Rafaela is a solid or better than average defender at SS, it might make the most sense to give him the starting SS job and look for an upgrade (right handed bat) at either DH or RF.

Also, what are you throughts on Duran's defense? Is he a good enough defensive player in centerfield?
    It’s hard to tell, and I know that sounds like a cop out. He looks great, at times, then makes an easy play look hard. I think the good to great plays far outnumber the bad ones, but the metrics don’t support that view.

He’s such a great CFer, I’m not sure why we should give him a long look at SS, unless it’s an emergency, like now.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Bello hasn't been horrible. He's just been worse than the unextended Houck and Crawford...
    Yes hindsight now says they could have done something with Houck, and a contract. He can’t become a FA untill the 2028 season when he will be 32, so I don’t know if you want to buy out his 3 ARB years with a couple more years added. He’s been better than good so far, but I still want to see how he finishes out the season

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It’s hard to tell, and I know that sounds like a cop out. He looks great, at times, then makes an easy play look hard. I think the good to great plays far outnumber the bad ones, but the metrics don’t support that view.

He’s such a great CFer, I’m not sure why we should give him a long look at SS, unless it’s an emergency, like now.
    Acquire a SS (DeJong?)

Put Rafaela in CF.

Move Duran to LF.

Move O’Neill to RF.

Abreu can be used as the 4th OF to give each a regularly scheduled Cora Break. Or he could be demoted to play more.

Refsnyder moves to a RHH DH role in a platoon with Yoshida.

How has Breslow bombed anything regarding the current or projected pitching staff for this team? Just curious.
    Signing Giolito was Hiroshima.

Trading Sale was Nagasaki
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity

signing giolito was hiroshima.

Trading sale was nagasaki
    👍👍👍 boom!

Deity
    Not sure I am interested in trades at this point at least those that could involve Sox young talent.

But as to adding to this team. THIS TEAM DESERVES IT. The fans don't deserve it. The media does not deserve it. But the team does.

If we don't realize that and the trade deadline ends with a whimper, I am not convinced that we should ever forget it. Based on past history I don't think the team would forget it were it not for how many guys on this team don't really know what they are doing and what their expectations should be.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Acquire a SS (DeJong?)

Put Rafaela in CF.

Move Duran to LF.

Move O’Neill to RF.

Abreu can be used as the 4th OF to give each a regularly scheduled Cora Break. Or he could be demoted to play more.

Refsnyder moves to a RHH DH role in a platoon with Yoshida.
    Ok.
    I get MV Pee.

Signing Giolito was Hiroshima.

Trading Sale was Nagasaki
    Your timing is backwards. Hiroshima happened before Nagasaki. Sale happened before Giolito.
    I get MV Pee.

Weird thing about DeJong is he has really struggled against LHP this year, reverse splits are weird.

That could easily reverse the rest of the way, or if he's really going to struggle vs. LHP then put Rafaela at SS for a start or two a week against a lefty and load the outfield up with O'Neill and Refsnyder at the corners. Or just sit Ceddanne and play Hamilton there, I'm not in love with Hamilton at SS but he's fine there for a game here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.