Register now to remove this ad

Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Definitely a solid add…
    An Eovaldi reunion in Boston would be great, but MLB might forbid it.

You see, FOX Sports denies that Nate ever existed as a Red Sox -- at least, they do in every Red Sox-Yankee game they telecast.

In FOX facts, the entire postseason history of Boston-New York begins with the Babe and ends with Big Papi; 2018 and 2021 never happened, the Sox aren't 4-1 vs NY in their most recent playoff games, and Eovaldi never wiped out the Yanks in both the Bronx and Fenway.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Definitely a solid add…
    This is Eovaldi's 14th MLB season. He has lasted a full season exactly twice--2014 and 2021. This year he missed 4 weeks in May. However, 5 days ago he was excellent vs San Diego: 1 hit, 0 runs, 7 IP, 92 pitches, 6 K's. And last year he was excellent in the postseason.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 07-07-2024 at 02:06 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    This is Eovaldi's 14th MLB season. He has lasted a full season exactly twice--2014 and 2021. This year he missed 4 weeks in May. However, 5 days ago he was excellent vs San Diego: 1 hit, 0 runs, 7 IP, 92 pitches, 6 K's.
    An injury risk for only 2 months is probably worth it. It’s not like they need to extend him to a 3 or 4 year deal here…

This is Eovaldi's 14th MLB season. He has lasted a full season exactly twice--2014 and 2021. This year he missed 4 weeks in May. However, 5 days ago he was excellent vs San Diego: 1 hit, 0 runs, 7 IP, 92 pitches, 6 K's. And last year he was excellent in the postseason.
    Every year Eovaldi was in the postseason he was excellent.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Every year Eovaldi was in the postseason he was excellent.
    He also has a $20mill option that vests with another 76 IP…

Sox attendance is almost exactly what it was last year, so apparently the 2024 Sox fans who go to Fenway Park--and spend huge sums of money in so doing--don't care whether the Sox win or lose. I think they don't like rooting for a whole bunch of no-names. Nobody on the Sox got significant ASG votes.

As for acquiring fresh blood this month, I agree it makes sense. And, by the way, offseason trades/acquisitions have been no more intelligent or useful than in-season.

I would love to see a good starter, but the Sox have had horrendously bad luck in that category. Eovaldi was terrific in 2018, but he didn't start. Peavy in 2013 was OK, nothing more.

I would also like to see a good righty bat, especially someone who gets doubles.
    much of the attendance does hope they lose, as many are fans of the visiting team and not the Sox. almost unheard of in years past.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    much of the attendance does hope they lose, as many are fans of the visiting team and not the Sox. almost unheard of in years past.
    That’s 100% true. More, and more visiting teams fans take over Fenway the past few years. Total attendance isn’t down, but total of Red Sox fans are. You are right that it didn’t used to be that way. JH doesn’t care as long as there is asses filling the seats. He’ll take anyone’s money. Yours, mine, and theirs.🤫

Sox attendance is almost exactly what it was last year, so apparently the 2024 Sox fans who go to Fenway Park--and spend huge sums of money in so doing--don't care whether the Sox win or lose. I think they don't like rooting for a whole bunch of no-names. Nobody on the Sox got significant ASG votes.

As for acquiring fresh blood this month, I agree it makes sense. And, by the way, offseason trades/acquisitions have been no more intelligent or useful than in-season.

I would love to see a good starter, but the Sox have had horrendously bad luck in that category. Eovaldi was terrific in 2018, but he didn't start. Peavy in 2013 was OK, nothing more.

I would also like to see a good righty bat, especially someone who gets doubles.
    Nate didn’t start in 2018?

Huh?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I heard management state that the fans should come to Fenway for the whole experience, not just to see the team win.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I heard management state that the fans should come to Fenway for the whole experience, not just to see the team win.
    that sounds like something Oakland A's ownership would say. our team sucks but hey....it's a great experience.

Deity
    Which CONTENDER needs Jansen the most. How about the Boston Red Sox?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Which CONTENDER needs Jansen the most. How about the Boston Red Sox?
    In a rare moment, I agree here…

Which CONTENDER needs Jansen the most?
    Jansen is on fire now and I think we could get a top 10 prospect from the Phillies for him!!!!!

Deity
    That’s 100% true. More, and more visiting teams fans take over Fenway the past few years. Total attendance isn’t down, but total of Red Sox fans are. You are right that it didn’t used to be that way. JH doesn’t care as long as there is asses filling the seats. He’ll take anyone’s money. Yours, mine, and theirs.��
    You are so full of it.

Total attendance absolutely and irrefutably is down.

Average attendance this year (32,366), last year (32,989), and 2022 (32,408) has been consistent and below what it was before covid.

In the five seasons before covid it was 36,564 in 2015 (when the Sox finished last in the AL East), 36,486 in 2016 (when the Sox won the AL East), 36,020 in 2017 (when the Sox won the AL East), 35,747 in 2018 (when the Sox won the AL East, the WS and more games, 108, in the regular season than in any other season in Sox history), and 36,106 in 2019 (when the Sox did not make the postseason despite the biggest payroll in MLB).

Now, hold onto your seats, sports fans.

In 2012 average attendance was 37,567, which could have been doctored, but not by much. That was Bobby Valentine's monster team, 69-93, and you couldn't keep Sox fans away from Fenway. They had Pedey, Big Papi, AGon, Aviles, Ross, Nava, Saltalamacchia, Lester, Tazawa, Buchholz, Miller, et al. They stunk to high heaven, but the stands were full.

Six years later came the 2018 Sox, the best Sox team in history with 108 wins plus an 11-3 record in the postseason and of course the WS. They were loaded with talent: MVP Mookie, JDM, Beni, Bogey, JBJ, Holt, Pearce, Moreland, Sale, Price, Porcello, ERod, Kimbrel, Wright, Eovaldi, et al.

But the 2018 best Sox team ever averaged 2000 fewer fans per game than the 2012 Sox, easily the worst Sox team in the JH era.

Deity
    You are so full of it.

Total attendance absolutely and irrefutably is down.

Average attendance this year (32,366), last year (32,989), and 2022 (32,408) has been consistent and below what it was before covid.

In the five seasons before covid it was 36,564 in 2015 (when the Sox finished last in the AL East), 36,486 in 2016 (when the Sox won the AL East), 36,020 in 2017 (when the Sox won the AL East), 35,747 in 2018 (when the Sox won the AL East, the WS and more games, 108, in the regular season than in any other season in Sox history), and 36,106 in 2019 (when the Sox did not make the postseason despite the biggest payroll in MLB).

Now, hold onto your seats, sports fans.

In 2012 average attendance was 37,567, which could have been doctored, but not by much. That was Bobby Valentine's monster team, 69-93, and you couldn't keep Sox fans away from Fenway. They had Pedey, Big Papi, AGon, Aviles, Ross, Nava, Saltalamacchia, Lester, Tazawa, Buchholz, Miller, et al. They stunk to high heaven, but the stands were full.

Six years later came the 2018 Sox, the best Sox team in history with 108 wins plus an 11-3 record in the postseason and of course the WS. They were loaded with talent: MVP Mookie, JDM, Beni, Bogey, JBJ, Holt, Pearce, Moreland, Sale, Price, Porcello, ERod, Kimbrel, Wright, Eovaldi, et al.

But the 2018 best Sox team ever averaged 2000 fewer fans per game than the 2012 Sox, easily the worst Sox team in the JH era.
    The point is more visiting teams fans are coming to Fenway then ever before, so what you get for a count on a given night isn’t all Red Sox fans. It didn’t used to be that way, so in other words less Red Sox fans are going to Fenway these days.