Register now to remove this ad

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

Being sellers at the deadline would be disappointing and disgusting. It would anger the clubhouse and alienate the fans. I am certain that Breslow realizes that.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    This is the mistake we have made for several years now. Not trading guys who are going to walk after the season and all we get are low ranked draft picks.
    No.

The mistake was doing nothing at all…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    What do we gain by going to the playoffs and losing in the wild card game????

Wild card game?

There have been updates to the playoff format…

Sure we should trade one or even 2 of our top 3 prospects for this year’s Andrew Cashner. How did that work out?
    How did Schwarber & Robles work out?

How did Nate and Pearce work out?

It’s a dice roll.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity

This is the mistake we have made for several years now. Not trading guys who are going to walk after the season and all we get are low ranked draft picks.
    Big, Big difference this year compared to the last two years. Right now on July 7 the Red Sox are in the postseason, and unless they go into a big tailspin the next 3 weeks they will stay that way come trade deadline. Selling , and not trying to make the Red Sox better would be a slap in the face to all the paying customers, and a gut punch to all the players, and coaches in the Red Sox clubhouse. Also once again a LOSER attitude. 🤭🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Big, Big difference this year compared to the last two years. Right now on July 7 the Red Sox are in the postseason, and unless they go into a big tailspin the next 3 weeks they will stay that way come trade deadline. Selling , and not trying to make the Red Sox better would be a slap in the face to all the paying customers, and a gut punch to all the players, and coaches in the Red Sox clubhouse. Also once again a LOSER attitude. 來
    I agree. Pitching, pitching and more pitching is needed.

Yesterday, we went ahead 4-3 and had no ammo left due to taxing the pen the prior two games. Yeah, game then got out of hand. Greg Weissert is falling off the cliff.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Buy, Buy, Miss American Pie.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Buy, Buy, Miss American Pie.

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)
    👍👍👍👏.

Deity
    I think Brez watch is ticking faster, and faster as the trade deadline rapidly approaches, and what will the Rookie HOBO do? Sell? Buy? Oh no, not that third option in the fork in the road again. Stay tuned boys and girls it could be a wild bumpy ride for some.

Deity
    The Rockies DFAd Dakota Hudson today.

Hudson is surprisingly not injured, but rather just having a horrible year, highlighted by his 48:46 K:BB ratio and 5.84 ERA.

But the one thing that intrigues me about Hudson is he’s never been a particularly hard thrower, and rather gotten by with his breaking stuff. Could this be a formula Bailey can tap into for some success?

Also intriguing - his ERA away from Coors - 3.72….

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I think Brez watch is ticking faster, and faster as the trade deadline rapidly approaches, and what will the Rookie HOBO do? Sell? Buy? Oh no, not that third option in the fork in the road again. Stay tuned boys and girls it could be a wild bumpy ride for some.
    Nobody in Red Sox Nation wants Breslow to fork off.

And it doesn't really do any good at this point to wait a week or two to pick a lane. This is the roster. Casas and Hendricks may contribute, but because of their specific injuries, it's unreasonable to expect either to be as good as new this summer. Tris isn't coming back to swivel with reckless abandon for the fences and Liam won't be throwing as fast as the past -- maybe next year.

So pick a lane -- which won't bitch: buy or sell? I always want the Red Sox to improve, but if the owner won't allow them to take on added salary, then dump anyone they're not planning to invest in. Just don't wait until one minute before midnight August 1st, thinking offers will be better then. You might wake up the next morning and be Bloom.

Does the camera crew filming the Red Sox this season, affect how bres-slow’s performance during the trade deadline????

Deity
    Sox attendance is almost exactly what it was last year, so apparently the 2024 Sox fans who go to Fenway Park--and spend huge sums of money in so doing--don't care whether the Sox win or lose. I think they don't like rooting for a whole bunch of no-names. Nobody on the Sox got significant ASG votes.

As for acquiring fresh blood this month, I agree it makes sense. And, by the way, offseason trades/acquisitions have been no more intelligent or useful than in-season.

I would love to see a good starter, but the Sox have had horrendously bad luck in that category. Eovaldi was terrific in 2018, but he didn't start. Peavy in 2013 was OK, nothing more.

I would also like to see a good righty bat, especially someone who gets doubles.

I don't know if the Rangers will be sellers, but if they are a Sox reunion with Eovaldi might not be a bad idea. And it should not take one of the top prospects to get him.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I don't know if the Rangers will be sellers, but if they are a Sox reunion with Eovaldi might not be a bad idea. And it should not take one of the top prospects to get him.
    Definitely a solid add…