Register now to remove this ad

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Which of these contracts is a bloated contract?
    The high salary reduced the return value.

Bloated was a bad choice of words
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    What can we realistically get for Pivetta & Jansen?

We could maybe add O'Neill and Martin, if they are showing value, or even McGuire, if a team needs a catcher or back-up catcher.

Maybe a package of Pivetta, Jansen and McGuire can get us a decent ML ready prospect or two.
    We could probably trade those guys for a prospect package that we could flip for a nice #3 #4 starting pitcher who is a rental, a nice late inning arm who is a rental and maybe a back up catcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Deity
    Jeff McNeil and Kodai Senga for

Josh Winckowski
    Masataka Yoshida
    Nick Yorke
    Marvin Alcantara

Who says no?
    Me.

Senga is hurt and hasn’t pitched yet in 2024. McNeil is another lefty hitting 2b, where the Sox need a RHH bat, preferably at shortstop…

Deity
    We could probably trade those guys for a prospect package that we could flip for a nice #3 #4 starting pitcher who is a rental, a nice late inning arm who is a rental and maybe a back up catcher.
    The Sox have Hendriks rehabbing shortly, and he will basically be a free deadline add. Why do we need a backup catcher?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Me.

Senga is hurt and hasn’t pitched yet in 2024. McNeil is another lefty hitting 2b, where the Sox need a RHH bat, preferably at shortstop…
    I deleted this, because for some reason I thought McNeil was RH, but I was actually thinking of reposting it again. Yeah he's not the righty you want but you take Msataka off the roster and replace him with a guy who fills in more of a hole.

Senga is reportedly starting a rehab assignment soon, so he's a guy who could really add to the top of your rotation potentially going down the stretch. Yorke gives them an up the middle prospect for them at 2nd, and Alcantara gives them upside.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

The Sox have Hendriks rehabbing shortly, and he will basically be a free deadline add. Why do we need a backup catcher?
    It was a joke.

Deity
    It was a joke.
    Oh.

Deity
    I deleted this, because for some reason I thought McNeil was RH, but I was actually thinking of reposting it again. Yeah he's not the righty you want but you take Msataka off the roster and replace him with a guy who fills in more of a hole.

Senga is reportedly starting a rehab assignment soon, so he's a guy who could really add to the top of your rotation potentially going down the stretch. Yorke gives them an up the middle prospect for them at 2nd, and Alcantara gives them upside.
    I’m sticking with my little wishlist of Tyler Anderson for the mound and Paul DeJong as a RHH glove at shortstop…

"Bloated contract" just conjures a morning jogger on the beach, running over a sand dune and abruptly hitting the brakes... revolted by the discovery of a stapled pack of papers, saturated and puffed from salt water, wrapped in seaweed, with little crabs crawling out of the margins -- dead money.

A statement by spokesman Sam Kanofpeas cited the coroner's report, edited by John Henry: "Cause of death: acute fan expectations."

Aldi Ramirez for Schwarber?

Iggy for Peavy

Espinal for Pearce

Beers for Nate
    @SamDykstraMiLB
    Here's one for #Nats fans:

Aldo Ramirez has joined Single-A Fredericksburg on a rehab assignment.

The right-hander was acquired for Kyle Schwarber in July 2021, underwent TJ in 2022 and has yet to pitch for a Washington full-season club ... until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Oh.
    Yes, my wish list consisted of trading for exactly what we traded away.

If we want to make a playoff run this year, we'd want another starter, another reliever, one of those at least.....and a RHB.

Yes, my wish list consisted of trading for exactly what we traded away.

If we want to make a playoff run this year, we'd want another starter, another reliever, one of those at least.....and a RHB.
    A team serious about the '24 postseason could do a lot worse than taking Bichette and Bassitt off the payroll of last-place Toronto.

Bichette has been nagged by injuries this year, but is only 26, and one of the best RHH available. He's only due $17.5 mil next year -- in comparison, Trevor Story, already 31, is owed over $100 mil by Boston.

Bassitt, who the Sox should've signed last year before he led the AL in games started and wins, is old but reliable, and a lot cheaper than Berrios and Gausman (who the Jays would probably love to dump, as well).

Are the Jays giving up on this year or the next 3 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Are the Jays giving up on this year or the next 3 years?
    If they trade bad Vlad at age 25 -- like some in the media are speculating -- it's gotta be a full rebuild.

Even if he looks like he'll morph into Prince (not a good) Fielder before he turns 30...

Aldi Ramirez for Schwarber?

Iggy for Peavy

Espinal for Pearce

Beers for Nate
    Eovaldi's 2018 salary was $2 million.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.