Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
Finally you agree with me. I've been saying that for a month--that DD was about to break the bank at monte carlo--and that's why JH dumped him.
DD almost traded Betts, so there is some evidence he was doing what JH wanted, probably not liking it. He did not replace K and K, which is more evidence he might have been willing to stick around through the massive cuts, but I don’t think he liked it, at all.

To me, that was a source of friction. DD was not “about to break the bank,” because JH writes the checks.

IMO, DD would not have liked being the GM in 2020, and JH did not view DD as the type of GM with an expertise of building winners with cheap budgets and no serious farm infusions for a 5 year period.

That’s when JH decided to go for a GM that was thought to be good at building winners on low budgets.

I’m not sure what you mean by “finally” seeing it your way. This has been my opinion for over5 years and seems to differ a bit from yours.

I do not think DD would have spent more than bloom did, because JH would never have let him. JH actually started restricting spending shortly after the Sale and Bogey extensions and Nate re-up deal.