Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    What's worth it to fill one of Boston's biggest needs -- a right-handed power bat? I don't know if Toronto would trade Bichette to the Red Sox, but are we really going to just wait and hope Lugo and Yorke are ready by the end of the year, or Campbell and Bleis in two years, or just keep recycling through the Duvalls and O'Neills of the world until someday we're good enough again to add some serious pieces to the roster?

Bichette is still only 26, already led the league in hits twice, and could be a change-of-scenery guy that becomes part of the next core. And he's not a prospect, but a legitimate big leaguer.
    ,744 from June 29, 2023 to the end of the season.
    .635 this season.

.687 in his last 513 PAs

I'm not convinced a turnaround is all that possible.

DHam for Bichette plus $10M, yes. We aren't adding $18M for Bichette.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    For Toronto? Because if it isn’t, why bother?

The Jays would save a lot, as his $12.8mill salary bumps to $17.5mill next season. But I doubt they think of Hamilton any different than we do - that’s he’s more of a “sell high” player right now.

I’m sure the Jays would love to move Bichette. Not sure for what?

Also with Bichette in Boston - where would he play? He is a shitty shortstop, but he still might be the best one they have while Story is out. Of course, when Stiry comes back, then what?
    moon wouldn't do the trade. I think it would be an easy yes for the Sox. Jays wouldn't do that deal. For Abreu? Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    All Bichette's numbers are down, which could mean something physical is affecting his swing. You don't suddenly forget how to hit after three straight years getting MVP votes.

At age 26, could be a good buy-low guy. At 36, maybe not so much.
    It's not the first time Bichette has had an extended slump. For 1.5 years, I'd take the risk.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Bichette makes $18M, next year. Even if he was worth that, JH ain't paying it.

I would not trade DHam for Bichett, and certainly not Abreu. Both is a joke.

It would be Brez who hangs up the phone.
    same amount he's payin Noshida right now. maybe they'd take Yoshi for Bo. LOLOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    same amount he's payin Noshida right now. maybe they'd take Yoshi for Bo. LOLOLOLOLOL
    Throw in Wikleman and a bunch of other prospects I don't believe in.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    moon wouldn't do the trade. I think it would be an easy yes for the Sox. Jays wouldn't do that deal. For Abreu? Maybe.
    It's more about the $18M than anything else, but I would not give Abreu for Bichetts plus $8M, either. It's just 1 year of Bichette vs 4 more of Abreu.

If we don't spend more in '25, it could be another wasted year, so why add a 1 year guy?

Deity
    I don’t touch that deal for Abreu. Especially given the Sox shortstop and RF situations…

I don’t touch that deal for Abreu. Especially given the Sox shortstop and RF situations…
    Not sure I would do the deal, but would consider it. The Jays would consider it too.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Not sure I would do the deal, but would consider it. The Jays would consider it too.
    They walk from Hamilton, however…

They walk from Hamilton, however…
    Yes. Sox would trade Hamilton for Bichette. Jays would say no almost 100% of the time unless they know something we don't. Abreu and Bichette are closer to a fair swap, but what each player brings to the respective teams may not work for the trade itself.
    I get MV Pee.

I think the Jays would take 4 years of Abreu for 1 of Bichette and save millions of dollars in 2025.

Deity
    Yes. Sox would trade Hamilton for Bichette. Jays would say no almost 100% of the time unless they know something we don't. Abreu and Bichette are closer to a fair swap, but what each player brings to the respective teams may not work for the trade itself.
    And given the Sox would only control Bichette for 1.5 years, is it worth it? Also who takes over right field? Refsnyder is really not a guy we want to see getting 450-500 PA in a season…

And given the Sox would only control Bichette for 1.5 years, is it worth it? Also who takes over right field? Refsnyder is really not a guy we want to see getting 450-500 PA in a season…
    I think the idea is that Anthony is up in 2025.

(I would not trade Abreu for Bichette. We all know there will be a tight budget, again, so $18M on Abreu means that much less spent on pitching.

Also, are we so sure he'd be that big RHB we need?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think the idea is that Anthony is up in 2025.

(I would not trade Abreu for Bichette. We all know there will be a tight budget, again, so $18M on Abreu means that much less spent on pitching.

Also, are we so sure he'd be that big RHB we need?
    Assuming Story is healthy, you'd have Story, Mayer, Bichette, Casas and Devers for 4 IF spots. That's probably the bigger issue at play.
    I get MV Pee.

Imagine if the Sox were buyers in 2022 and we missed the wildcard by one game by being that much better and we had a lot less of Duran/Abreu/Wong/Casas/Bello/Houck/Mayer/Bleis/Anthony/Perales????

Just freaking sell. This team stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.