Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    The problem is the uncertainty. We really don't know what their plan actually is.
    I think we do know a few things based on the last offseason. They had no intention of investing very heavily in 2024.

Plus I think what I said about why Bloom was fired is a fair statement. There's no way Breslow wants to repeat the same mistake.

And they have plenty of cover with all the injuries.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    They're not getting a top 25 prospect, but people over pay for pitching at the deadline, if those guys are pitching well the Sox will get back good value for them.
    pivetta imo has more value to the Sox than anything he will bring in a trade.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think we do know a few things based on the last offseason. They had no intention of investing very heavily in 2024.

Plus I think what I said about why Bloom was fired is a fair statement. There's no way Breslow wants to repeat the same mistake.

And they have plenty of cover with all the injuries.
    Then again, they don't have to invest heavily, that's what pisses me off the most. The pitching is performing well, once Casas and your favorite player, Masataka Yoshida return, an impact RH bat at pretty much any position, and they can set this team to sink or swim. They don't need to absorb a massive amount of money.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    But that doesn't matter much if the 2024 team is going nowhere.

The last 2 years they could have gotten a load of stuff by selling but they passed. I don't think they want to go for a 3-peat.

Then again, they don't have to invest heavily, that's what pisses me off the most. The pitching is performing well, once Casas and your favorite player, Masataka Yoshida return, an impact RH bat at pretty much any position, and they can set this team to sink or swim. They don't need to absorb a massive amount of money.
    It would certainly help if the few relatively big moves they do make, like signing Giolito and trading Sale for Grissom, didn't blow up in their faces. But it keeps happening.

It would certainly help if the few relatively big moves they do make, like signing Giolito and trading Sale for Grissom, didn't blow up in their faces. But it keeps happening.
    Sale for Grissom is still an incomplete grade for me. I don't trust Sale's health. Otherwise, they don't have big moves to even grade. They've done basically nothing of note.

Deity

We had the curse of the Bambino for many years, and now it’s the curse of Mookie. He’s stayed GOOD, and healthy, and Ted Sox players have dropped like flies since he left.🤫

Hamilton and Abreu for Bichette--ha ha. Jays wouldn't even pick up the phone.
    True, they might be embarrassed: Hamilton and Abreu are a combined 3.2 WAR already... while Bichette's a NEGATIVE WAR: -0.1

Three more wins and the Jays leap over the Sox into 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    We had the curse of the Bambino for many years, and now it’s the curse of Mookie. He’s stayed GOOD, and healthy, and Ted Sox players have dropped like flies since he left.��
    We're talking about curses in 2024 bruh? Then again, we might be afflicted with the curse of the reptilian owner.

We're talking about curses in 2024 bruh? Then again, we might be afflicted with the curse of the reptilian owner.
    And his latest comments about unrealistic expectations and 1 in 30 chances were reptilian to the max.

What good is that value if the team doesn't even make the playoffs? he's a free agent at the end of the year.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Casas and Yoshida are not enough. Health is also an issue for this team. Its main RH power threat is Tyler O, who's liable to be interned in the DL at any given time. I believe with this pitching baseline (never though I would be typing these words in 20 fucking 24), this team can make the playoffs with an impact RH batter, but I doubt they get him.
    It could be enough if someone like O'Neil got hot again, but again, that is contingent on getting healthy, and everyone STAYING healthy, with no real regression elsewhere. Odds are small.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

We had the curse of the Bambino for many years, and now it’s the curse of Mookie. He’s stayed GOOD, and healthy, and Ted Sox players have dropped like flies since he left.狼
    Who says' Mookie cursed us?

Stop it! don't talk that into existence.

Deity
    Hamilton and Abreu for Bichette--ha ha. Jays wouldn't even pick up the phone.
    Then they would never know what a great deal they were being offered, according to BTV.

Per that site, Bo Bichette (21.8) isn’t enough to get Wilyer Abreu (29.8) alone, let alone with David Hamilton (11.8)…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Then they would never know what a great deal they were being offered, according to BTV.

Per that site, Bo Bichette (21.8) isn’t enough to get Wilyer Abreu (29.8) alone, let alone with David Hamilton (11.8)…
    Abreu is a much better hitter than Bichette this season too.
    I get MV Pee.