Register now to remove this ad

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    "Wink and Criz will be better than any pitchers we would trade for, if we were to pursue that option,”

said Mister President Sam Kandidly.
    Fixed moon’s misleading fix

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Fixed moon’s misleading fix
    Will, would… WON’T!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Will, would… WON’T!
    I think "won't" as well. Stay with the no names. Last night our opening day starter Bello got hammered by the Jays--7 ER's in 2.1 innings. But Winck came in and pitched 6 innings with 2 ER's, essentially a quality start. And lurking in Worcester is Criswell with 11 Red Sox starts, 52 IP, and a 4.15 ERA.

I think these guys can make the postseason, but I also think they should pretty much stay with the no-names plus Devers and Jansen. Keep Anthony, Mayer, and Teel. Keep Jansen. If a good arm or a good righty bat is available just for cash, fine.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I think "won't" as well. Stay with the no names. Last night our opening day starter Bello got hammered by the Jays--7 ER's in 2.1 innings. But Winck came in and pitched 6 innings with 2 ER's, essentially a quality start. And lurking in Worcester is Criswell with 11 Red Sox starts, 52 IP, and a 4.15 ERA.

I think these guys can make the postseason, but I also think they should pretty much stay with the no-names plus Devers and Jansen. Keep Anthony, Mayer, and Teel. Keep Jansen. If a good arm or a good righty bat is available just for cash, fine.

The Sox can get a SP or RHH without giving up any of Anthony, Mayer or Teel. It’s actually gotten rare to see prospects of that caliber dealt mid-season any more, unless for multiple years of a superstar, like Juan Soto…

The Sox can get a SP or RHH without giving up any of Anthony, Mayer or Teel. It’s actually gotten rare to see prospects of that caliber dealt mid-season any more, unless for multiple years of a superstar, like Juan Soto…
    I doubt we trade a top 10 prospect and maybe even no top 20’s.

These might be the highest prospect we might deal:

Sandlin
    Paulino
    Castro
    Wikelman
    Meidroth
    Maybe Yorke

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

The prospects I’d really like to keep below #10?
    The Garcia brothers
    E R-C and any pitchers Bailey wants to keep.

Deity
    I doubt we trade a top 10 prospect and maybe even no top 20’s.

These might be the highest prospect we might deal:

Sandlin
    Paulino
    Castro
    Wikelman
    Meidroth
    Maybe Yorke

I am not sure of this counts, but there is a significant amount of Yorke Hate.

There’s call for a RHH middle infielder this year. If the Sox swung a deal for a 22yo RHH second baseman with a .950 OPS in AAA and a first round pedigree, folks would be having children just so they could name them after Craig Breslow, even if they were daughters. Yet somehow there’s a slew of people ready to, as Bellhorn so loves to read, drive Yorke to the airport in any deal despite him fitting that exact description…

There’s call for a RHH middle infielder this year. If the Sox swung a deal for a 22yo RHH second baseman with a .950 OPS in AAA and a first round pedigree, folks would be having children just so they could name them after Craig Breslow, even if they were daughters. Yet somehow there’s a slew of people ready to, as Bellhorn so loves to read, drive Yorke to the airport in any deal despite him fitting that exact description…
    First, I said maybe to only him.
    Second the AAA sample size is small.
    Third, the return would be more for him, and we are not talking a top 10 prospect.

Deity
    First, I said maybe to only him.
    Second the AAA sample size is small.
    Third, the return would be more for him, and we are not talking a top 10 prospect.
    Yeah I wasn’t sure of your post counted as Yorke Hate. But it’s a real thing. Not sure why…

Cora is on the record stating he hopes the trade deadline is NOT the repeat of last 2 years.

"We tried but couldn't find anything to our liking" excuse won't cut it anymore.
    Last edited by Nick; 06-26-2024 at 09:11 PM.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Cora is on the record stating he hopes the trade deadline is NOT the repeat of last 2 years.

"We tried but couldn't find anything to our liking" excuse won't cut it anymore.
    Cora spoke out after those two deadlines. It didn’t seem to change anything.

One good way to get good talent without giving up better prospects is to take on bloated contracts. Will JH allow this?

One good way to get good talent without giving up better prospects is to take on bloated contracts. Will JH allow this?
    Any past examples?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

It's a great way to take advantage of space you have under the cap, it's very reason why some teams when trying to stay under the cap leave that space of 10-15 million.

I used to think the only thing that mattered was the luxury tax number......given recent events and words from the front office I can't say I full heartedly believe the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

I don't think people HATE Yorke.

2022 GRE 668 OPS
    2023 POR 785 OPS
    2024 POR 691 OPS

I think people are rightfully skeptical about his production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I don't think people HATE Yorke.

2022 GRE 668 OPS
    2023 POR 785 OPS
    2024 POR 691 OPS

I think people are rightfully skeptical about his production.
    You're leaving out 2021.
    Salem: .913
    Greenville: .978

Not disagreeing with you, I understand why you would leave those out but I bring them up to outline peoples expectations with those numbers at his age and with the first round pedigree were sky high going into 2022, and he was pretty horrible that year, and he was good but not great in 2023 with not so hot underlying metrics either.

This year is just weird, because the numbers were not great in Portland repeating the level but reportedly the underlying metrics look better and now all of a sudden he's mashing in AAA.

I find that hopeful, but it doesn't erase 2 years of poor numbers. I'm rooting for the kid, but keeping my expectations very low. If he continues to produce in AAA as a 22 year old I think his future will start to look much brighter again, but the 2021 shine is just not there anymore for him. At best he might be what Atlanta thought Grissom would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.