Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/07 SOX @ White Sox 8:10PM ET

Hybrid View

6/07 SOX @ White Sox 8:10PM ET

Criswell vs Crochet(LH)

Because of Crochet's recent performances, this is probably Chicago's best chance at a win. Stay tuned.

Go SOX!

What do you think?

If not for the season ending injury to Gio, who more than likely would not have numbers anywhere near Houck's, would Houck have begun this season as a starter?
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-07-2024 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    What do you think?

If not for the season ending injury to Gio, who more than likely would not have numbers anywhere near Houck's, would Houck have begun this season as a starter?
    He'd have taken Criswell's slot, for sure, but it's hard to know. They did start him 5th, so that makes it look like he was 5th on the list.

Criswell's first start was our 15th game (Pivetta to IL,) so in theory, Houck might have missed 2 starts.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

What do you think?

He had a 0.87 WHIP this Spring Training and hasn't slowed since then. Whitlock pitched well too. Hard to say who they stick with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He had a 0.87 WHIP this Spring Training and hasn't slowed since then. Whitlock pitched well too. Hard to say who they stick with.
    Yes, Whitlock showed he deserved a shot, too.
    4 GS and 0-2 ERs allowed in all 4
    1.96 ERA
    3.30 FIP

Pivetta, too.
    2 GS before IL
    11 IP and 1 ER (8hits, 1 BB, 13K)
    0.82 ERA/2.23 FIP

Crawford was sub 2.70 until start 9
    1.75 ERA/2.81 FIP after start 7
    0.42/2.15 after start 4.

Bello was our least effective pitcher, but was considered our #1 going into day 1.

Deity
    What do you think?

I think our new CBO screwed up, shelling out $38.5M for Giolito when he could have kept Sale. That bad elbow, however, probably made it possible for Houck to emerge as the Sox ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I think our new CBO screwed up, shelling out $38.5M for Giolito when he could have kept Sale. That bad elbow, however, probably made it possible for Houck to emerge as the Sox ace.
    Easy, in hindsight.

He could have also signed Stroman, Flaherty, Imanaga or Seth Lugo, instead of Gio.

I was not a big fan of Gio, but he did look like a better gamble (and more expensive) than the Kluber, Richards, Perez I, Perez II, Wacah and Hill gambles.

Deity
    What do you think?

Yes. Maybe Whitlock wouldn’t have.

But Giolito-Pivetta-Bello-Houck-Crawford were locks…

Yeah, the 3 guys fighting for the last spot had the best spring (Kutter, Houck, Whitlock). I know there was talk of a potential 6 man rotation or piggyback. Maybe they would have tried that route until the figured out the best five. Bello to the bullpen probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yeah, the 3 guys fighting for the last spot had the best spring (Kutter, Houck, Whitlock). I know there was talk of a potential 6 man rotation or piggyback. Maybe they would have tried that route until the figured out the best five. Bello to the bullpen probably.
    They’ve didn’t give Bello that big extension so they could then bury their only young pitcher whose thrown 130 IP in an MLB season into a middle relief role…

Getting the Chicago feed and it's so appropo that Steve Stone does the play-by-play for a team that sucks as badly as he does.

The Chicago pitcher appears to have a case of the Lesters.

Keep building up those muscles, Tyler.

Does anyone honestly think that any team would take Cooper if offered ? Cannot wait for another position player to return so that dud can be DFA'ed .

Keep building up those muscles, Tyler.
    One of the great abilities of a mercenary player is AVAILABILITY. Tyler O'Neill does not have that skill. But, I know, it's early and Tyler may yet have a miraculous cure in store for us, improving his availability. I will venture that Breslow will offer this guy at the trade deadline and no team will want to pick him up due to UNRELIABILITY