Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 6/07 SOX @ White Sox 8:10PM ET

When there's two batters behind Bobby in the line-up, that's says a lot about the line-up.

What is this a reusable game thread ? No wonder the Red Sox could not score with MoB. This crew deserves a new thread every day

So I will now do so, and expect a rapid turnaround on the scoring side.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    What is this a reusable game thread ? No wonder the Red Sox could not score with MoB. This crew deserves a new thread every day

So I will now do so, and expect a rapid turnaround on the scoring side.
    I'd have done it, but then I would be breaking a sacred rule.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    That is an interesting set of short stats . To think that Mookie and Xander both missed a month's worth of games is surprising. If Leon only was in 89 games, who caught the other 73 ? Vazquez appeared in 80 , and Blake Swihart actually appeared in 82 games, mostly as a utility player.

Think of this, if you didn't know the 2018 outcome , and if you had the option to take this roster and games played , would you have guessed that this was the winningest Red Sox team of all-time ?
    Betts missed 14 games at the end of May/early June in 2018; obviously he was on the DL for those 2 weeks. He also had 6 or 7 games off during the last couple weeks of the season after the Sox had pretty much clinched.

Xander pretty much followed the same pattern, except his DL stint was in late April (he missed 15 games there).

Leon caught in 87 games, Vazquez 75, Swihart 28 and the immortal Dan Butler in 2.
    Last edited by illinoisredsox; 06-08-2024 at 03:59 PM.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough