Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red SOX 2025 Opewning day roster.

Red SOX 2025 Opewning day roster.

here is my projected roster to open 2025

C-Teel, Wong
    1B-Casas
    2B-Story
    SS-Mayer
    3B-Devers
    Extra IF-Grissom
    LF-Duran or Abreu
    CF-Rafaela
    RF-O'Neill or another 1 year FA signing
    Duran or Abreu or Refsynder the 4th OF

I still see Anthony needing another year at AAA given his age.

Rotation: Bello
    Houck
    Crawford
    Gioloto
    Pivetta or another FA on a 1 yr deal

Bullpen--I'm not even going go there because there are so balls in the air. We are using guys I have never heard of this year with some success but I don't expect either Martin or Janssen to return so I don't even want to guess what our BP will be. This roster though should be able to compile another .500 or near record and the payroll will keep Mr Scrooge happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post

C-Teel, Wong
    1B-Casas
    2B-Story
    SS-Mayer
    3B-Devers
    Extra IF-Grissom
    LF-Duran or Abreu
    CF-Rafaela

Houck
    Crawford
    Gioloto

Bullpen--I'm not even going go there because there are so balls in the air. We are using guys I have never heard of this year with some success but I don't expect either Martin or Janssen to return so I don't even want to guess what our BP will be. This roster though should be able to compile another .500 or near record and the payroll will keep Mr Scrooge happy.
    I think Abreu will be the FT RFer, and we sign a pier RHB to be the DH/RF or 1B back-up.

I hope but don’t think we add a TORSP, but maybe Pivetta returning would be enough, if we can stay healthy.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think Abreu will be the FT RFer, and we sign a pier RHB to be the DH/RF or 1B back-up.

I hope but don’t think we add a TORSP, but maybe Pivetta returning would be enough, if we can stay healthy.
    No rotation can stay healthy with modern battle plans to sweep the elbow, so rich clubs that sincerely want to contend need to secure eight legitimate starting pitchers on the parent club and AAA taxi squad (who aren't White Sox castoffs).

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    No rotation can stay healthy with modern battle plans to sweep the elbow, so rich clubs that sincerely want to contend need to secure eight legitimate starting pitchers on the parent club and AAA taxi squad (who aren't White Sox castoffs).
    I think it's to time to find something better than Tommy John surgery. Just start sawing arms off and replacing with robotic ones.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

yeah that should get us another .500 season all right

yeah that should get us another .500 season all right
    That's the goal, right? If you win as many as you lose, you're competitive.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    that certainly seems to be the Red Sox goal but looking at the AL East standings today we are 1 game out of last place

Deity
    500 would be better than the last two years, but it’s still a pretty low bar to set, but that’s what the Red Sox have become.

Deity
    I think it's to time to find something better than Tommy John surgery. Just start sawing arms off and replacing with robotic ones.
    Right. Replace Tommy John surgery with Steve Austin surgery.

Henry would love this idea, because nowadays $6,000,000 is pretty cheap for a good starter…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Teams have been doing that for years. Except Breslow for some reason…

Deity

C-Teel, Wong
    1B-Casas
    2B-Story
    SS-Mayer
    3B-Devers
    Extra IF-Grissom
    LF-Duran or Abreu
    CF-Rafaela

Houck
    Crawford
    Gioloto

The Sox 2025 bullpen should be easy to predict, since Breslow already starting building it. Liam Hendriks and Michael Fulmer are already signed. Hopefully the Sox finally learn their lesson about Whitlock. We could also very likely see the returns of any or all of Josh Winckowski, Zack Kelly, Isaiah Kennedy, Brennan Bernardino, Greg Weissert, Cam Booser, and Justin Slaten….

That roster makes me want to vomit.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    That roster makes me want to vomit.
    i think it is pretty close to what it will be though

Deity

It’s certainly likely the Sox roll forward in 2025 with Duran, Rafaela and Abreu ahead of Refsnyder in the OF.

This roster is missing Yoshida, who’s extremely likely to be back next year as the DH role. That doesn’t leave much for adding a RHH power bat, but they could always add some Andrew McCutchen type to platoon at DH…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The Sox 2025 bullpen should be easy to predict, since Breslow already starting building it. Liam Hendriks and Michael Fulmer are already signed. Hopefully the Sox finally learn their lesson about Whitlock. We could also very likely see the returns of any or all of Josh Winckowski, Zack Kelly, Isaiah Kennedy, Brennan Bernardino, Greg Weissert, Cam Booser, and Justin Slaten….
    well you have listed 10 guys as possibles so like I said the BP is up in the air. It will likely be almost mid season till Whitlock returns. Do you figure they are going to go with Hendriks and Fulmer at the back end?