Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red SOX 2025 Opewning day roster.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    i think it is pretty close to what it will be though
    I like Pivetta and O’Neill, but I would be surprised if either one actually got re-signed. Especially O’Neill…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I like Pivetta and O’Neill, but I would be surprised if either one actually got re-signed. Especially O’Neill…
    the way O'Neill has been hitting the past month he should come pretty cheap on a 1 yr deal

well you have listed 10 guys as possibles so like I said the BP is up in the air. It will likely be almost mid season till Whitlock returns. Do you figure they are going to go with Hendriks and Fulmer at the back end?
    Hendiks closes, Slaten top set up man. I’m not sure Fulmer starts the year as#3 in the pen

Deity
    well you have listed 10 guys as possibles so like I said the BP is up in the air. It will likely be almost mid season till Whitlock returns. Do you figure they are going to go with Hendriks and Fulmer at the back end?
    Some of them stil have options, I believe.

Hendriks, yes if healthy. Fulmer? Doubtful anyone has given any thought to his role in 2025 yet. Heck, the plan might eventually be that he replaces Pivetta in the rotation for all we know at this point…

Some of them stil have options, I believe.

Hendriks, yes if healthy. Fulmer? Doubtful anyone has given any thought to his role in 2025 yet. Heck, the plan might eventually be that he replaces Pivetta in the rotation for all we know at this point…
    Once again taking fliers on guys with injuries in their recent history since it has worked out so well in the past.

Liam Hendricks is a good pitcher. Kenley Jansen is one of the all-time best closers. They are about the same age. Jansen has 429 saves. Hendricks has 116. Career ERA: Jansen - 2.53. Hendricks- 3.82. Well over a full run higher. Do you call this an improvement? What the Sox should do is go out and get one of the triple digit- fastball young fireballers, of which there are several in MLB today.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Liam Hendricks is a good pitcher. Kenley Jansen is one of the all-time best closers. They are about the same age. Jansen has 429 saves. Hendricks has 116. Career ERA: Jansen - 2.53. Hendricks- 3.82. Well over a full run higher. Do you call this an improvement? What the Sox should do is go out and get one of the triple digit- fastball young fireballers, of which there are several in MLB today.
    hard to get one of those guys on 1 year deals

hard to get one of those guys on 1 year deals
    If you can't develop your own, you need to give up something to get one. And pay what it takes.
    Old school is good school.

If you can't develop your own, you need to give up something to get one. And pay what it takes.
    i think they are counting on TRYING to develop one of their own as they are not willing to spend what it takes for one.. I wonder how Henry feels about paying THREE P who are going to combine to not throw a single pitch this year?

Deity
    Hendriks actually doesn’t have much experience as a closer. 114 of his 116 saves came in one 4 year stretch of his 13 year career…

Deity
    For a closer,

control & command >>> velocity…

O'Neill type is everywhere.

Hell with his history who knows when he will be back.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    O'Neill type is everywhere.

Hell with his history who knows when he will be back.
    EXACTLY. I have said this all along

i think it is pretty close to what it will be though
    That doesn’t make me feel any better.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    That doesn’t make me feel any better.
    Do you really think John Henry gives a damn?