Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIP Bill Walton

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    A hippie is a life form that once was but no longer exists as we knew it. Try as they might, it just ain't coming back. Lots of fakes out there though. Most of us jut sort of grew up or maybe we just grew old.
    Maybe it never left!
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I think Walton was a likable sort of guy. I remember when Notre Dame ended UCLA's 88 game winning streak, Walton left the arena whistling the Irish fight song. He was not exactly devastated by it all.
    Ahem. He was equally speechless (because of the stuttering) after hitting 21 of 22 shots to win the NC.

I was pretty much anti-hippie, but remain fascinated that a truly gifted basketball player would go that route--and actively oppose the Vietnam War. His right as an American citizen.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    A hippie is a life form that once was but no longer exists as we knew it. Try as they might, it just ain't coming back. Lots of fakes out there though. Most of us jut sort of grew up or maybe we just grew old.
    I like how you present growing up and growing old as dual options…