Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Bill Walton

Bill Walton was a hypocrite for being a pot head while he played but ripped the Trail Blazers as an announcer and called them out for smoking weed while others were saying the racist Jail Blazers stuff. Like all these other hate filled hippies, he can rest in piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Bill Walton was a hypocrite for being a pot head while he played but ripped the Trail Blazers as an announcer and called them out for smoking weed while others were saying the racist Jail Blazers stuff. Like all these other hate filled hippies, he can rest in piss.
    Last thread of respect just tore loose.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    At his best, one of the best to ever play the game. 21/22 - a game that I will never forget.
    That game absolutely blew me away.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Last thread of respect just tore loose.
    He should have been a more respectable person when alive then.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    He should have been a more respectable person when alive then.
    I think overcoming that stutter circa age 28-30 unleashed a torrent he could not control and in fact relished. Some of it made sense, but most of it was drivel. Flip-flopping on pot--or anything except the Grateful Dead--was inevitable.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

I actually see only one post here that is marked by hate. And please name those 'hate-filled hippies,' because most of us have no clue what you're talking about.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I think overcoming that stutter circa age 28-30 unleashed a torrent he could not control and in fact relished. Some of it made sense, but most of it was drivel. Flip-flopping on pot--or anything except the Grateful Dead--was inevitable.

Ralph Waldo Emerson: "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
    He was funny. Some people just hate that.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Most of us like funny, but don't always agree on what is and isn't. In my case, I just prefer commentators who can provide insights into the game being played. I didn't like Bobby Knight, but thought his insights were excellent. My favorite coach was Dean Smith, and I thought his color commentary (after he retired) was awful--and thankfully brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Most of us like funny, but don't always agree on what is and isn't. In my case, I just prefer commentators who can provide insights into the game being played. I didn't like Bobby Knight, but thought his insights were excellent. My favorite coach was Dean Smith, and I thought his color commentary (after he retired) was awful--and thankfully brief.
    Probably not a lot of posters here were CLippers fans in the bad ole days when BW was color-commentator. He (and his straight man Ralph Lawler) made them tolerable. What 'insights' were to be had concerning that team? ('You know, the Kandy Man is more effective dunking the ball than attempting a 10-foot jump shot'?)

Deity
    True.

That's why Dennis Miller didn't last on Monday Night Football...

I actually see only one post here that is marked by hate. And please name those 'hate-filled hippies,' because most of us have no clue what you're talking about.
    Consider the source and move on. Just mvp doing mvp things.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

I wasn't referring to any hippies on here as there are none.
    I get MV Pee.

I think Walton was a likable sort of guy. I remember when Notre Dame ended UCLA's 88 game winning streak, Walton left the arena whistling the Irish fight song. He was not exactly devastated by it all.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    I wasn't referring to any hippies on here as there are none.
    A hippie is a life form that once was but no longer exists as we knew it. Try as they might, it just ain't coming back. Lots of fakes out there though. Most of us jut sort of grew up or maybe we just grew old.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    A hippie is a life form that once was but no longer exists as we knew it. Try as they might, it just ain't coming back. Lots of fakes out there though. Most of us jut sort of grew up or maybe we just grew old.
    Maybe we grew up, but definitely got older. My forehead definitely grew higher, though nothing grew inside it. Still prefer classic rock.

Wonder if those who hip-hopped through rap will someday sit in rocking chairs, whispering words that shook cars waiting for lights to change.