Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grissom Watch

Deity
    On the surface, the Grissom watch is just silly because he's played just 16 games. What's the point?

Well the point is that the Sox brain trust are paying Chris Sale's freaking salary of $17M while he starts for the Atlanta Braves and so far has the highest pitching WAR on the Braves and the 2d most IP. That is nothing less than extraordinary and demands that we question what the Sox got in return.

The catch, of course, is that the Sox have 6 years of control over Grissom in addition to his being a pretty good prospect a year or two ago. So, as moonslav and others insist, it's way, way, way, way too early to pass judgment on the trade.

But not for me. I'll give Grissom another 2-3 months, which is about what Pedey had as a rookie in 2007 (and having played in 31 MLB games in 2006) before he showed how good he was.

And maybe I'll give Grissom the whole season because no way, no how can he fix this lineup with his bat.

And as for losing Sale, while I hate it, after 51 games the Sox still have the 2d best ERA in MLB (but the Phillies, ERA 3.11, are about to pass them). 3d is still pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The Boston Way is impatience? A bunch of “what have you done for me lately?” fans?

da gale house and I do not agree on much with regards to baseball, but post 36 on this thread from him sums it all up…
    Not many posters would post two dozen posts on the same thread, object to everything anyone else said, then repeat the point made by others, then conclude by referring to one of his own posts as definitive. I'm used to this in academia, but I've rarely seen it here!
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

The Boston Way is impatience? A bunch of “what have you done for me lately?” fans?

da gale house and I do not agree on much with regards to baseball, but post 36 on this thread from him sums it all up…
    Agree 100%.

It's all...

Me, me, me,,,

Now, now, right now!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity

The Boston way has been that way for years, so it’s nothing new, and isn’t going to change anytime soon. Gus is getting another day off today, so he must need some more rest.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Agree 100%.

It's all...

Me, me, me,,,

Now, now, right now!
    it's hardly 'Right now' it's 3 last place finishes in 4 years along with bringing in an endless supply of 1 year players and many BBB'S at a low cost

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Agree 100%.

It's all...

Me, me, me,,,

Now, now, right now!
    Yes it is, and rightfully so as far as I’m concerned, and none of this well the team may be better in 2028. Right now vs 2028 I would say right now would win out.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Red Sox View Post
    it's hardly 'Right now' it's 3 last place finishes in 4 years along with bringing in an endless supply of 1 year players and many BBB'S at a low cost
    Right, and that's why I've lost a lot of my patience.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Exactly, but that doesn’t matter to some on here. As I’ve said many times you don’t give up on years with the hope that things will get better somewhere down the road, because that just might not happen.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Most have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    yep...and who gives a shit if we have 6 years of control of Grissom if he can't fucking hit?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    yep...and who gives a shit if we have 6 years of control of Grissom if he can't fucking hit?
    6 years of control are big to some on here even if they can’t play. It’s way to early to know if Grissom can play, or not, but it’s definitely a bad start.

Saying " The future looks bright" wears pretty thin after a while.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    None of that has anything to do with Grissom.

In fact, Grissom is one guy who isn’t a 1 year player or BBB low cost project…

Wouldn't you know it, Grissom is sitting today.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity

None of that has anything to do with Grissom.

In fact, Grissom is one guy who isn’t a 1 year player or BBB low cost project…
    NOBODY said it had anything to do with Grissom.🤭🙈