Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Are the extensions good or bad?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both extensions are good for the Sox

6 46.15%
  • Both extensions are overpays

4 30.77%
  • Bello’s is good, Rafaela’s is an overpay

3 23.08%
  • Bello’s an overpay, Rafaela’s is good

0 0%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Bello and Rafaela Extensions

I thought the contract was premature, but I won't freak out.

Bello is the 4th youngest player to play for this team this year out of 43 mlbers. He's having a bad year, a really bad year, hopefully he can learn from it. I wouldn't even mind seeing if he can ramp it up in the bullpen come playoff time if the Team can add a starter at the deadline.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I thought the contract was premature, but I won't freak out.

Bello is the 4th youngest player to play for this team this year out of 43 mlbers. He's having a bad year, a really bad year, hopefully he can learn from it. I wouldn't even mind seeing if he can ramp it up in the bullpen come playoff time if the Team can add a starter at the deadline.
    We know they can, but it's really a question of IF they will add a MAJOR LEAGUE starter better than Bello to the rotation.

Can an infield prospect destined to be exposed to next year's Rule V Draft land a starting pitcher whose ERA is better than 5.55, with a WHIP better than 1.472?

We're not talking picking up a 1984 Rick Sutcliffe here... (for those too young to remember, he went 16-1 and won the NL Cy Young after the Cubs traded for him just before the then-JUNE 15th deadline).