Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Boston @ St. Louis 7:15 pm

Prior to last night's game the Cards had hit only 32 HR's. With the 4 they smashed last night, that was a 12.5% increase.

Two Wongs would make this a better team.
    Btw, Devers now batting .180 with RISP. Isn't that special?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    To me Devers latest at bat defines this lineup this season. Two men on (1st and 3d), he's facing a righty pitcher, and the 7th pitch he sees is a fast ball in the geometric freaking center of the strike zone, and he swings and misses.

I don't want to be told about his 3 dingers when all of them were with no one on base.

Next up for Devers is an error to bring in one or more unearned runs.

This is his 8th freaking MLB season with the Sox, and it's hard to see a real improvement.

Deity
    The SOX FO circling around DFA's like vultures.
    I think they’re not active enough.

They did get Garrett Cooper, but passed on Deivi Garcia and Roansy Contreras. Baumann is a surprising DFA here. He’s pitching well, but Baltimore had no one with options. Baumann will definitely get claimed, so hopefully Breslow can make a deal first…

But wouldn't necessarily make things right.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

I have a fear all things are coming back to reality. I think for a while as fans of this team- we were experiencing the pretty girl across the room looking deep into our eyes and waving at us...... the past couple weeks we are realizing she was looking at another guy standing right behind us. Well heck- it felt good while it lasted.
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Deity
    If the rotation starts giving up more runs, one good reason might be that the lineup has, for most of the season, sabotaged the pitching with their lousy defense and failure to score runs.

The lineup stinks, and the lead stinker is Devers.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    But wouldn't necessarily make things right.

Well done and absolutely correct.

Grissom and Hamilton there really showing off the defensive prowess of the Sox
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    If the rotation starts giving up more runs, one good reason might be that the line

up has, for most of the season, sabotaged the pitching with their lousy defense and failure to score runs.

The lineup stinks, and the lead stinker is Devers.
    Just be patient, Max. Those HS draftees will turn this shite, er, I mean ship around.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    To me Devers latest at bat defines this lineup this season. Two men on (1st and 3d), he's facing a righty pitcher, and the 7th pitch he sees is a fast ball in the geometric freaking center of the strike zone, and he swings and misses.

I don't want to be told about his 3 dingers when all of them were with no one on base.

Next up for Devers is an error to bring in one or more unearned runs.

This is his 8th freaking MLB season with the Sox, and it's hard to see a real improvement.
    In a 1-0 game, that dinger by Rafael Devers is huge. Typical that he golfed it out of there.

Ok, so raffy does get another HRT, this time at a meaningful point in the game, now 1-1. The pitch was So-Lo and so was the HR.

A HR with 2 men on=3 solo HR's. I have always done well in math.

Another useless solo homer.

It tied the game, but Devers really sucks when we need it.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

That's 32 solos. I'm gonna start keeping track because there may be a MLB season record going on here.