Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Don't Sweat the Cards-We Suck

Don't Sweat the Cards-We Suck

I see you guys are playing .500 ball...disappointing since the goddam Yanks are winning again. If you don't remember I hate the Yankees, Dodgers and and my newest hated team the cheating ass Astros

Two questions: When the Cards lost to you in '13 we went to shit and I was so disgusted I stopped paying attention to baseball and when I came back around Mookie Betts was on another team! I thought he was the best man on the team...what's the story?

Last question: My landlord (from Oyster Bay NY) offered to bet me a months rent that NY wins the East. Knowing little about the A.L, should I take that bet?
    Last edited by Carter; 05-17-2024 at 03:50 PM.

You are OK Carter.

The only impediment to the Yanks winning the AL East are the Orioles. Unfortunately I'd have to put my money on the Yanks.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

As for us trading Mookie, as the Bard said: "Thereby hangs a tale."
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    I see you guys are playing .500 ball...disappointing since the goddam Yanks are winning again. If you don't remember I hate the Yankees, Dodgers and and my newest hated team the cheating ass Astros

Two questions: When the Cards lost to you in '13 we went to shit and I was so disgusted I stopped paying attention to baseball and when I came back around Mookie Betts was on another team! I thought he was the best man on the team...what's the story?

Last question: My landlord (from Oyster Bay NY) offered to bet me a months rent that NY wins the East. Knowing little about the A.L, should I take that bet?
    The Yankees are looking awfully good right now. Kind of like Bruno back in the day. I agree that the Orioles look like their only threat in the A.L.East.
    Old school is good school.

Certainly, the Rays, Sox and Jays don't instill much fear in their opponents, anymore.

The ALE is more top heavy than solid from 1 to 4 or 5..
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?