Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Here we go again Angels @ Red Sox

Tip of the cap to Chriswell. He ate 4 innngs in not a bad way.

Trout reminds me of those 'jocks' when I was in high school, who would sit in the back of the classroom and hope the teacher never asked them a question.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-13-2024 at 04:38 PM.

Tough break for Bobby. At this point Dalbec's hoping to get enough time in the majors to retire with a full pension.

In 1978 Rice hit 15 triples.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-13-2024 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Tough break for Bobby. At this point Dalbec's hoping to get enough time in the majors to retire with a full pension.
    The full pension vesting takes 10 years of MLB activity. Bobby has 5, but with way more than 43 days of cumulative roster time, he is qualified for a partial pension, and it's getting bigger every day he stays

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    The full pension vesting takes 10 years of MLB activity. Bobby has 5, but with way more than 43 days of cumulative roster time, he is qualified for a partial pension, and it's getting bigger every day he stays
    10 years? That could be a stretch unless there's more expansion in MLB.

In 1978 Rice hit 13 triples.
    And he wasn't exactly a speedster. Correction: He actually hit 15 triples. He also hit 15 triples in 1977.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-13-2024 at 05:15 PM.

Mike Trout is very good a baseball.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.

Another injury? Who saw that coming? Hope he's OK.

Valdez picked off, then rolled into a pancake, injuring his wrist. Next man up.

As long as I'm at it, when Devers reaches his 10th day off, would the Sox have been better just calling it an IL stint? Oh yeah, there's no one to call up.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    Mike Trout is very good a baseball.
    He's similar to Mantle, except for the drinking problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Valdez picked off, then rolled into a pancake, injuring his wrist. Next man up.

As long as I'm at it, when Devers reaches his 10th day off, would the Sox have been better just calling it an IL stint? Oh yeah, there's no one to call up.
    I don't know, Vegas. I've still got my old glove. Just e-mailed my name and phone number to the SOX FO. Also mentioned I'm a RH bat.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 04-13-2024 at 05:06 PM.

I don't know, Vegas. I've still got my old glove. Just e-mailed my name and phone number to the SOX FO. Also mentioned I'm a RH bat.
    I didn't mention my age, which would have been a deal buster.

But would you take the MLB minimum ? My suggestion, keep holding out for more like you have for the last 50 years. Free advice, worked for me.

Tricky how Hamilton, Reyes and Valdez keep working themselves into the games despite what Cora tries to do to separate them. And they are blocking Devers and Grissom from coming back, or not.