Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Yankees Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Yanks just lost to the As lol

As closer is ridiculous. Worth a haul!
    The A's are not a good team, but you don't want to be trailing them late in the game. Their late inning relievers are tough and Miller is a legit closer.
    Old school is good school.

The only hitter who’s hot right now is Soto although Judge is starting to hit the ball hard again. Wasting great performances from the rotation is annoying

All-Star
    It's amazing that Cashman can have a job. Guys like Trammell and Jones on the team. I understand having a guy like Grisham he's a great glove. But it's not like Jones is an automatic steal or sb or Trammell is a huge power threat off the bench.

The best thing for the yankees to do is to let Soto sign elsewhere. He's great without a doubt but your old contracts are now weighing this team down. Soto is the type of guy you would kill for if judge wasn't on this team. Your cost is just not there. You got Jones and Dominguez coming up. Are they sure things? No but is soto? No. No one is ever a sure thing. Someone could get hurt tomorrow. I'll say it again the yankees will not win a world series with judges contract on the team. He might fit on the team but that contract does not with the cards in our hand.

What a change of tunes from a couple weeks ago.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Good

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Yanks lead the league in double plays. Two more tonight with bases loaded. Also 11 guys LOB. That'll do it

I have to say that it is a real treat watching Juan Soto play. He is like a little kid out there, smiling, laughing and having fun every minute. Not to mention the enormous talent.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I have to say that it is a real treat watching Juan Soto play. He is like a little kid out there, smiling, laughing and having fun every minute. Not to mention the enormous talent.
    I agree. I love Soto. This team is getting reinforcements too. DJ about to go on a rehab assignment and Jasson Dominguez starts his tomorrow

Soto and Judge have seemed to get Stanton re-engaged. Stanton is seeing better pitches as he’s got more traffic on the bases in front of him. We haven’t seen dick from Rizzo. Gleyber is about to lose his job once Peraza comes back. Volpe has been excellent. The starters have been lights out. Really good first 1/3 of the season

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I agree. I love Soto. This team is getting reinforcements too. DJ about to go on a rehab assignment and Jasson Dominguez starts his tomorrow
    Hats off to a nice start to the season. Despite some clear drop offs by some, others have picked up the slack.

Your big 3 batters have all played 48 or more games. Your everyday players have avoided the IL, so far, except for LeMahieu, who was not really someone you needed to do very well. You have 8 starts with 45+ games and your two catchers with 32 & 33 games played. Will that continue?

Your staff has been really good, but here is something I can't see continuing:
    ZERO starts by anyone out side your current 5 in the rotation. While the Sox rotation has gotten a lot of the attention from the media, these numbers are astounding:
    2.11 Luis Gil (10 GS/55IP)
    2.52 Schmidt (11/61)
    2.76 Stroman (11/62)
    2.95 Rodon (11/61)
    3.29 Cortes (11/66)
    If one does go down, maybe Cole will be ready, when they do. (Counting on pitchers returning is not fun, as any Sox fan can attest to.)

Your pen has been good, too, despite seeing many on the IL.

No doubt, if you guys keep playing like this, you'll finish with the best AL record.

A lot can happen over 2/3 of a season.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen three kids come up that were more exciting and more excited to play than Soto, JRod and Harper…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    It's amazing that Cashman can have a job. Guys like Trammell and Jones on the team. I understand having a guy like Grisham he's a great glove. But it's not like Jones is an automatic steal or sb or Trammell is a huge power threat off the bench.

The best thing for the yankees to do is to let Soto sign elsewhere. He's great without a doubt but your old contracts are now weighing this team down. Soto is the type of guy you would kill for if judge wasn't on this team. Your cost is just not there. You got Jones and Dominguez coming up. Are they sure things? No but is soto? No. No one is ever a sure thing. Someone could get hurt tomorrow. I'll say it again the yankees will not win a world series with judges contract on the team. He might fit on the team but that contract does not with the cards in our hand.

If you’re going to argue no one is a sure thing, at least acknowledge that Soto offers much, much, much (insert several more “much” repetitions here) less uncertainty than Jones and Dominguez…

All-Star
    Team has done well so far. There's a few flaws, lefty reliever is one. JoJo from the cards is my dream trade right now. Torres will pick it up I think he has too much riding on this season. I am really excited about Jones. His number aren't that great but I've watched him live and he hammers the ball and the times I've seen him he was unbelievable in the lucky category. I wouldn't trade him unless it's a guarantee for a world series. Hopefully Grisham runs into a few hits, it's got to be hard when you only get a few at bats a month but I would like to see Judge and Rizzo get more rest. DJ coming back should spell Rizzo more. Effross and Cole will be big time when they come back in June.

Dominguez is killing the ball on his minor league assignment but is destined to be optioned. Cole starts in AA this week. Soto is special. Just a special player. Man, this team is destined for greatness if they can stay healthy
    Hal sucks

As well as the Yanks are doing, their offense seems very dependent on two batters and maybe 3 others that do okay. If one of the big two go down, ouch!

1.075 Judge 219 ABs
    1.031 J Soto 233

.792 Volpe 243
    .768 Stanton 199
    .765 Verdugo 211

The rest are pretty scary (in order of most ABs):
    .661 Rizzo 225 (3rd on team)
    .632 Torres 222 (4th)
    .622 Cabrera 157 (8th)
    .721 Trevino 107
    .576 Wells 102

Your pitching has been awesome.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    As well as the Yanks are doing, their offense seems very dependent on two batters and maybe 3 others that do okay. If one of the big two go down, ouch!

1.075 Judge 219 ABs
    1.031 J Soto 233

.792 Volpe 243
    .768 Stanton 199
    .765 Verdugo 211

The rest are pretty scary (in order of most ABs):
    .661 Rizzo 225 (3rd on team)
    .632 Torres 222 (4th)
    .622 Cabrera 157 (8th)
    .721 Trevino 107
    .576 Wells 102

Your pitching has been awesome.

Volpe has been awesome. Stanton, I'm haply with his production so far. I mean I should expect more.

Rizzo and Torres have been meh ill give you that.

Dj has been okay so far, I'll have to see where he's at in a week or two.

I'd love to get a corner hitter who can really mash but I don't know who's out there at 1b or 3b who could be traded