Register now to remove this ad

Page 368 of 370 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370 LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 5536

Thread: A Realistic View of 2024: Part II

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    It doesn’t take anything to start a selling discussion. It’s built in, and standard operating procedure on here.
    Probably some truth to it being that way on nearly every baseball forum on the internet…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Probably some truth to it being that way on nearly every baseball forum on the internet…
    Maybe, but not on any of the other sports venues I venture to.

All-Star
    I get where you’re going, but I have my front Henry will allow another spending binge like he did in 2013 where the Sox signings included Napoli, Dempster, Victorino, S Drew, and Uehara…
    Some people just don’t think before they post. Or at all.

The concept behind keeping salary is to get a better prospect in return. Which if it’s one year. WTF wouldn’t you do that? O’Neill, Pivetta, Jansen, Martin.

Imagine a contender comes to you, wants one of those guys, but to stay under budget they want you to kick in the money and in return they offer you a better prospect.

If you’re already under the luxury tax, and you’re sellers giving up on the season, why wouldn’t you maximize your return.

Every GM from Bloom to DD would in that scenario.

All-Star
    But yes let’s sell everyone.

I wonder if that includes Houck, Wong, Duran, and Abreu?

All-Star
    Leave it to a Donny downer to redefine a Donny downer and reject what they’re.

I’m sure the whore would tell you she’s a sex therapist.

Advocating a sell off when a team has a losing record and is in last place is just realism. It’s a far cry from taking the negative view on seemingly every game and every transaction that happens.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    Some people just don’t think before they post. Or at all.

The concept behind keeping salary is to get a better prospect in return. Which if it’s one year. WTF wouldn’t you do that? O’Neill, Pivetta, Jansen, Martin.

Imagine a contender comes to you, wants one of those guys, but to stay under budget they want you to kick in the money and in return they offer you a better prospect.

If you’re already under the luxury tax, and you’re sellers giving up on the season, why wouldn’t you maximize your return.

Every GM from Bloom to DD would in that scenario.
    And on the other hand imagine the Red Sox being a wildcard contender, and going to a non contender, and giving up a prospect to get someone to make not only this team better, but possibly beyond this year. How many GM’s wouldn’t do that?. Amazing that your scenario only goes one way.

All-Star
    Sometimes, people understand a “scenario” can be In relation to a comment someone else made.

Sometimes, although I suppose reading comprehension is too much to ask.

As I’ve said many times in the last few weeks, right now this team should be a buyer.

Deity
    Leave it to a Donny downer to redefine a Donny downer and reject what they’re.

I’m sure the whore would tell you she’s a sex therapist.

Advocating a sell off when a team has a losing record and is in last place is just realism. It’s a far cry from taking the negative view on seemingly every game and every transaction that happens.
    From the guy who threw a hissy fit, took his toys, and went home, and said he wasn’t coming back. Some would say he hasn’t come back. I must be missing something if the Red Sox at the present time are a losing team, and in last place. Sounds like that scenario is coming from a loser themselves.

All-Star
    Reading is hard, we get it

Reading is hard, we get it
    Why not try and stop being such a phony, pompous, know it all ? Your act is beyond annoying. What makes you think it is cool to talk down to people ? It's not. It just makes you look like a jerk.
    Old school is good school.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Why not try and stop being such a phony, pompous, know it all ? Your act is beyond annoying. What makes you think it is cool to talk down to people ? It's not. It just makes you look like a jerk.
    Oh please, red talks down to more people in here than anyone else. Get off his junk

All-Star
    Anytime there’s a tit for tat and two people go at it and someone comes in and calls just on poster an asshole all that proves is that you agree with that person. Gale has done this time and time again with Red.

Deity

Oh please, red talks down to more people in here than anyone else. Get off his junk
    As usual your best work was when you were in hibernation, or whatever you called it.🤭🙈🤮

Grow up.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    Anytime there’s a tit for tat and two people go at it and someone comes in and calls just on poster an asshole all that proves is that you agree with that person. Gale has done this time and time again with Red.
    Wha,wha, wha from one of the heel tag team partners.