Register now to remove this ad

Page 367 of 370 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5536

Thread: A Realistic View of 2024: Part II

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    True, but as I said, I prefer the former. But as I said earlier, if any of you front office bashers have a line on where to get Sox office voodoo dolls, clue me in.

I’m not opposed to Henry Bashing, and definitely not above it. It’s just secondary to talking team/player stuff like I mentioned earlier…
    And it still comes down to if you are selling off this year you are a LOSER for the third year in a row. You can put a positive spin on it, and say this team is fun to watch, but that doesn’t change the ALL Important standings, which some of us have pointed out many times.

They're turning the buy or sell thing into an annual ritual.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    True. 2021 seems like so long ago. This year looks more positive at the moment, but things can change in a hurry with another month to go.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I disagree. Like I’ve said many times in the past if you are not playing to win, and playing to make the postseason then don’t play at all. Like Cora has said what you do, or don’t do in October is what’s most important, and that’s what Cora, and the players want, and are playing for. What Cora, and the players want is more important than what gets called for most of the time on here. Negativity is selling, and positivity is buying. The players are positive.
    Cora’s thoughts on this are irrelevant on this little web forum he’s never heard of and will never visit. Nothing we say will ever reach him, and certainly wouldn’t impact anything he did if he somehow caught wind of our existence.

I assume you were talking about posters who discuss selling. If so, you do realize these folks have zero impact on what the Sox do, right?

Sox fans have had negativity since long before the internet. And those negative types fall into two classes. 1. Those who complain and it ends there. And 2., those who complain and discuss how things could change to get better.

In the grand scheme of running a team, neither type matters. Neither type even gets heard. But I would rather talk to the second type. But both types will ALWAYS exist, and we know this because they ALWAYS have…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Actually the last two years, it looked like the options were buy, sell, hold, and oversell Eric Hosmer…

Deity
    And it still comes down to if you are selling off this year you are a LOSER for the third year in a row. You can put a positive spin on it, and say this team is fun to watch, but that doesn’t change the ALL Important standings, which some of us have pointed out many times.
    That’s actually the point. They’re saying this team isn’t fun to watch, and hopefully some new team in the future built with trading these players away will be more fun.

Whether or not the team is fun to watch is up to the viewer. But if someone isn’t enjoying the team this year, what do you suggest they do?

Deity
    So are you saying you’re being positive about this team now? And don’t want to read anything negative about them?

If that’s the case, wow. Less predictable than the Chris Sale Resurgence…

I would prefer we do the 'buying' during winter.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

That’s actually the point. They’re saying this team isn’t fun to watch, and hopefully some new team in the future built with trading these players away will be more fun.

Whether or not the team is fun to watch is up to the viewer. But if someone isn’t enjoying the team this year, what do you suggest they do?
    This team has been fun to watch a lot of the time. Cora is managing well and the players are busting their asses.

It's the front office that has fucked up once again. They are the failures. Because of their failure, we have the prospect of it making sense for the future of the team to sell off. It sucks.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity

I’ve heard more posters on here say this team is fun to watch than the other way around, so I don’t know what you are seeing. I’ve heard about the future for the last three years on here as losing seasons just tick away. It would be more fun to me to win now instead of hoping for something that might not never come in the future. Whether you watch, or not depends on how big of a fan you are. I’m nowhere near the baseball fan I used to be. I followed the Bruins, and World Champion Celtics through the playoffs, and today it’s Nascar for me. Coming soon will be college football, so more to the back burner the Sox will go. Where baseball used to be must watch TV for me just isn’t anymore, so I find plenty of other things to watch. For the so called Red Sox super fans on here you get what you see, or think you see.

Deity
    I’ve heard more posters on here say this team is fun to watch than the other way around, so I don’t know what you are seeing. I’ve heard about the future for the last three years on here as losing seasons just tick away. It would be more fun to me to win now instead of hoping for something that might not never come in the future. Whether you watch, or not depends on how big of a fan you are. I’m nowhere near the baseball fan I used to be. I followed the Bruins, and World Champion Celtics through the playoffs, and today it’s Nascar for me. Coming soon will be college football, so more to the back burner the Sox will go. Where baseball used to be must watch TV for me just isn’t anymore, so I find plenty of other things to watch. For the so called Red Sox super fans on here you get what you see, or think you see.
    I’m still on board with this team. I expect good and bad stretches. I’ve even suggested my deadline but targets - Tyler Anderson (Angels RHSP) and Paul DeJong (White Sox shortstop). And some others have made theirs, and it will go on from there.

Now the prospect thread has had some discussion about who the expendable prospects are, which is buy talk…

But it only takes one person not enjoying them to start the sell discussions…
    Last edited by notin; 06-30-2024 at 12:24 PM.

Deity
    So are you saying you’re being positive about this team now? And don’t want to read anything negative about them?

If that’s the case, wow. Less predictable than the Chris Sale Resurgence…
    Some of you see things if they are here, or not. Like I’ve said many times I’m not waving Pom Poms, or a cheerleader like some, so when I point out the negativity when the team loses doesn’t mean anything either way like some of you try to make out to be . If the Red Sox make the postseason I’ll be a cheerleader like I was with the Celtics, but not until, so read into anyway you want.
    Last edited by Old Red; 06-30-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Deity
    I’m still on board with this team. I expect good and bad stretches.

But it only takes one person not enjoying them to start the sell discussions…
    It doesn’t take anything to start a selling discussion. It’s built in, and standard operating procedure on here.

This team has no shot. Sell everyone. I hope they don’t keep so much salary like they have been doing to get busted prospects. I’d rather dump the whole salary and get nothing in return like Ben did in 2012.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    This team has no shot. Sell everyone. I hope they don’t keep so much salary like they have been doing to get busted prospects. I’d rather dump the whole salary and get nothing in return like Ben did in 2012.
    I get where you’re going, but I have my front Henry will allow another spending binge like he did in 2013 where the Sox signings included Napoli, Dempster, Victorino, S Drew, and Uehara…