Register now to remove this ad

Page 365 of 366 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366 LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5482

Thread: A Realistic View of 2024: Part II

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yeah, I guess he’s only got one year of service time.

He’s not exactly a guy who highlights the strengths in the Sox drafting or minor leagues…
    Looks like you're right and I misspoke.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    At the time of the trade, Devers had only gotten as far as Salem. I don't think DD had seen Devers at the point.
    Maybe not but I remember Devers name coming up around same time.......I think Moncada was rushed for DD to see....

Many skeptics here...I will do some research on this site...
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Horn called up to replace Campbell. Wong is back from paternity leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Horn called up to replace Campbell. Wong is back from paternity leave.
    That was a quick Campbell sighting!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That was a quick Campbell sighting!
    Sighted Campbell, sank same.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Looks like you're right and I misspoke.
    That’s why I thought you meant Valdez. Not drafted, but like Wong, Abreu, Hamilton, etc. he spent time in the Sox minors

Deity
    Yesterday Casas took 20 swings in the batting cage at "75%." Now he hopes to get in a rehab game in 2 weeks, so the 2 July target is OBE. I think the Sox are being cautious--as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Yesterday Casas took 20 swings in the batting cage at "75%." Now he hopes to get in a rehab game in 2 weeks, so the 2 July target is OBE. I think the Sox are being cautious--as they should be.
    They should be plenty cautious.

I can’t help but feel Deja vu, here. It seems every summer we look to players returning from the IL to bring a needed boost or spark to the season. It never seems to work out that way.

At least it’s not SPers we are waiting on. Casas and Hendriks may yet give us a boost, but who knows?

RIP Orlando Cepeda. He was the first Sox DH. Damn good hitter who had some rough patches in life.

What a difference two really bad games makes.

Who would have guessed, as we near July, that three of the 6 playoff teams would be from the AL Central?

CLE
    MIN
    KCR are 1.5 up on BOS.

The Astros are firmly in the race at 41-41.

Deity
    Another short outing by a starting pitcher last night, and this time by Houck. Poor guy, because Cora made him work on his Birthday. Houck has been the Red Sox best pitcher the first half of the season, but now he has pitched more innings this year than in any other year in his career, and there is still a half of a season to go, so how he holds up will be interesting to see. The rest of the rotation haven’t been pitching that good either especially Big Baby Bello, and Pivetta. Seems like the Bailey magic is wearing off. Bailey got heaped lots of praise when things were going good, so it’s only right he gets the blame when things are going bad like they are now. Who couldn’t see this coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Another short outing by a starting pitcher last night, and this time by Houck. Poor guy, because Cora made him work on his Birthday. Houck has been the Red Sox best pitcher the first half of the season, but now he has pitched more innings this year than in any other year in his career, and there is still a half of a season to go, so how he holds up will be interesting to see. The rest of the rotation haven’t been pitching that good either especially Big Baby Bello, and Pivetta. Seems like the Bailey magic is wearing off. Bailey got heaped lots of praise when things were going good, so it’s only right he gets the blame when things are going bad like they are now. Who couldn’t see this coming?
    What's your point?

Nobody thought the Red Sox rotation was good or deep or worthy of a contender going into the season.

Then everybody was surprised the rotation was so good the first month, and hung in there the next two.

Now July is here, typical wear and tear have taken a toll, there's still no mound prospects ready for promotion, and the CBO has to pick a lane. None of that is surprising at all, and most of us spent the offseason bitter, preparing ourselves for all these inevitabilities.

All-Star
    With three losses in a row the boo birds will be out in full force. This is what gets them all hot and bothered.

If the starting pitching continues to unravel, it's yet another case of massive negligence by the Red Sox front office.

Not surprisingly there's some chat that other teams have adapted to the changes in pitching approach instituted by Bailey. That's the way this stuff works now. All analytics all the time.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.