Register now to remove this ad

Page 366 of 366 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366
Results 5,476 to 5,479 of 5479

Thread: A Realistic View of 2024: Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    With three losses in a row the boo birds will be out in full force. This is what gets them all hot and bothered.
    I think most of the booing of Red Sox fans these days is directed at the guys who run the team-owners and front office.

The team itself has provided a lot of pleasant surprises and good moments.

But if the rotation falls apart it's gonna be another ugly finish.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think most of the booing of Red Sox fans these days is directed at the guys who run the team-owners and front office.

The team itself has provided a lot of pleasant surprises and good moments.

But if the rotation falls apart it's gonna be another ugly finish.
    Yes a lot of the booing is well deserved I don’t refute the healthy dose of realistic fan dissent.

But it’s the negative Nancie’s, the Donny downers, the ones who always have something to complain about, but will seemingly crawl under a rock during a win streak.

I get it, unconditional fandom is be equally annoying to them. It’s their insatiable lust for the game that’s insufferable. These are the guys who could still complain, and DID complain during the runs in 2013 and 2018 around here too. When the team won 100 games they still sat in their armchairs and critique everything. When we had guys like Mookie Betts, and Xander Bogaerts, they still complained about every little thing, every strike out, every GIDP, every pitching change that didn’t result in a 1-2-3 inning was instantaneously the wrong move.

They’re literally, mentally incapable of joy. It’s impossible for them. Their power only grows with every loss, and slowly shrivels up with every loss.

If you're looking for a Red Sox fan forum that stays mostly positive, Sons of Sam Horn is the place to be.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    If you're looking for a Red Sox fan forum that stays mostly positive, Sons of Sam Horn is the place to be.
    I don’t think he’s looking for an all positive forum, but you have to acknowledge that there are a few posters here who only come out during losing games and losing streaks. When that game/streak turns around, they crawl back into their caves until the next bad outcome comes around.

Give me posters like you and Hugh and Splendid who are here all the time, in good and bad, and who are realistic about how baseball actually works. People who discuss to make a point rather than arguing for the sake of arguing.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough