Register now to remove this ad

Page 375 of 381 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5703

Thread: A Realistic View of 2024: Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, 162 games is a lot of freakin' games. And it's why baseball is the best.
    i agree. anyone talking about reducing the number of games played needs to be lined up and shot.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Yankees have a lot of issues right now. But sometimes just when you think they're dead they get re-animated, so I never take anything for granted.

I'm sure they want to keep Soto, but they have other needs as well, and Hal already said they can't keep spending at this level. Will be interesting to watch.
    Tonight, July 5, 2024, they were not animated. They scored either 2 or 3 unearned runs, period. And gave up 5 runs on 3 dingers. Our ace, Houck, left after 3.1 innings. Their starter, who was excellent, went 6 IP giving up just 1 run. And the Sox still won, 5-3 in 10 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Tonight, July 5, 2024, they were not animated. They scored either 2 or 3 unearned runs, period. And gave up 5 runs on 3 dingers. Our ace, Houck, left after 3.1 innings. Their starter, who was excellent, went 6 IP giving up just 1 run. And the Sox still won, 5-3 in 10 innings.
    Every inning Valdez is on the field, the chances for an unearned run for the opposing team is huge

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Every inning Valdez is on the field, the chances for an unearned run for the opposing team is huge
    Meh. He has just 5 errors. Smith has 5 in fewer games and at an easier position. Devers has 6. Hamilton 7. Rafaela 10.

But I do agree tonight's error was heinous and, but for an astounding dinger by Yoshida, costly.

Deity
    Dodgers go up, 8-5, on the Brewers with 3 runs in the 8th. Both teams lead their divisions with similar W-L records.

I turned off the TV after Devers grounded to pitcher.

Boy did I have fun waking up about an hour go.

One thing I do after we beat the Yankees is to go read the New York post. They can be brutal at times.

Now I can go back to sleep. Life is good.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Our bottom 4 batters accounted for all 5 runs which highlights the Yankee weakness of having just 2 bats in 9 slots.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Yanks will be forced to sign Soto. Big $$$.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    In mlb, can a dtarting pitcher play another position then return to the mound later?
    Of course he can. As long as he stays in the game and on the field somewhere. Not sure when it happened last in mlb though.

Valdez gets sent down when Grissom returns.

He is too careless with his defense.

Romy is turning into our deluxe utility guy.

I am assuming he can play anywhere but catching

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Romy is turning into our deluxe utility guy.

I am assuming he can play anywhere but catching
    Don't need him in the outfield where the Sox already have five: Duran, Abreu, Rafaela, Ref, and O'Neill. Plus, in a pinch, Yoshida.

The need is in the infield, so much so that right now I would start Gonzalez over Smith at 1b or Gonzalez over Valdez @ 2b.

However, I also trust Cora and today, July 6, he's going with 8 lefty bats, including Smith at 1b and Valdez @ 2b. Rafaela in CF is the only righty bat. Duran in LF and Abreu in RF. No Ref and no O'Neill and for sure no Gonzalez. Also no Wong with McGuire catching Winckowski.

Wong's OPS in June was a terrific .884, but in four games in July it's just .353. His OPS in May was .755 and in April .959.

I like Wong a whole lot more than McGuire, who is overweight and not much of an athlete. But behind the plate I think McGuire is as effective, and that's what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Don't need him in the outfield where the Sox already have five: Duran, Abreu, Rafaela, Ref, and O'Neill. Plus, in a pinch, Yoshida.

The need is in the infield, so much so that right now I would start Gonzalez over Smith at 1b or Gonzalez over Valdez @ 2b.

However, I also trust Cora and today, July 6, he's going with 8 lefty bats, including Smith at 1b and Valdez @ 2b. Rafaela in CF is the only righty bat. Duran in LF and Abreu in RF. No Ref and no O'Neill and for sure no Gonzalez. Also no Wong with McGuire catching Winckowski.

Wong's OPS in June was a terrific .884, but in four games in July it's just .353. His OPS in May was .755 and in April .959.

I like Wong a whole lot more than McGuire, who is overweight and not much of an athlete. But behind the plate I think McGuire is as effective, and that's what counts.
    i think Wong rebounds. his July is the anomaly. and it's still early.

I am pretty sure I have seen Romy play right field.

It was due to Cora using every player on the roster.

My point was it is nice to have someone fill in for 7 positions.

Ok great mystery solved, almost.

I live in Indiana. My MLB package is useless for Cubs, Reds and White Sox games. I am used to it.

But couple of weeks ago Sox games on the West cost were blacked out to my dismay.

When I called the MLB.TV customer service, it had something to do with my internet provider.

So I was at Verizon this am on another matter and I happened to ask about my blackout problem.

The guy knew immediately. He said that my service does not use static IP address. It's changing constantly.

So some games are randomly blacked out.

But apparenly MLB.TV uses my address to blackout the aforementioned 3 teams.

I also finally have ESPN. Sometime I go to a bar and spend $40 to watch Sunday night ESPN games so I consider the added cost a push.

Ok I feel better. Not too many people understand my problems.
    Last edited by Nick; 07-06-2024 at 11:00 AM.