Eovaldi-Gray-Dunning-Heaney-Pérez?
    I'll take the latter.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'll take the latter.
    How about

Eovaldi-Gray-Heaney-Dunning-Cody Bradford?

That’s what Roster Resource has the Rangers defending with…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    How about

Of course: Eovaldi-Gray-Heaney all won World Series games; Montgomery had a World Series loss -- who needs him.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Of course: Eovaldi-Gray-Heaney all won World Series games; Montgomery had a World Series loss -- who needs him.
    As many questions as the Sox have in their rotation, I think you will find the rest of the AL has numerous teams in the same boat.

If we look at last years 6 post-season participants (Baltimore, Tampa, Minnesota, Houston, Texas, and Toronto) how many are worse than the team that ended the season? And what teams in the AL did enough to supplant any of them? (Maybe NY?)

As many questions as the Sox have in their rotation, I think you will find the rest of the AL has numerous teams in the same boat.

If we look at last years 6 post-season participants (Baltimore, Tampa, Minnesota, Houston, Texas, and Toronto) how many are worse than the team that ended the season? And what teams in the AL did enough to supplant any of them? (Maybe NY?)
    Yes, the Yanks improved their offense, getting Soto and Verdugo. But they lost five starting pitchers from the rotation: Cole, German, Severino, King, Brito... and replaced them with Marcus Stroman?

Yankee fans know better than to count on full seasons of health from Rodon and Cortes, and nobody can reasonably expect Cole to return to Cy Young status after merely resting a bum elbow...

I must be missing something with the annual World Series favorites that never play in the World Series.

Verdugo: 550 OPS in Spring Training and still showing up late

It's going to be fun to follow his escapades this year. Reaping. Sowing. What have you. The NY media will get on him harder than the BOS clown show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Yes, the Yanks improved their offense, getting Soto and Verdugo. But they lost five starting pitchers from the rotation: Cole, German, Severino, King, Brito... and replaced them with Marcus Stroman?

Yankee fans know better than to count on full seasons of health from Rodon and Cortes, and nobody can reasonably expect Cole to return to Cy Young status after merely resting a bum elbow...

I must be missing something with the annual World Series favorites that never play in the World Series.
    The Yankees are far from locks, and while Severino-German-Brito did combine for 50 starts and 289 IP, these were not mainstays in that rotation. They will need Fluke Health from Rodon and Cortes and a solid return from Cole. But if the Judge-Soto-Stanton lineup doesn’t position that 82 win team as one of the most likely to displace a playoff team, then who positioned themselves better? Maybe Seattle, who, like Boston, will rely on a lot of younger pitchers in their first full season? Surprise spender KC? They’ll be improved, but is Wacha and Lugo enough?

The Yankees are far from locks, and while Severino-German-Brito did combine for 50 starts and 289 IP, these were not mainstays in that rotation. They will need Fluke Health from Rodon and Cortes and a solid return from Cole. But if the Judge-Soto-Stanton lineup doesn’t position that 82 win team as one of the most likely to displace a playoff team, then who positioned themselves better? Maybe Seattle, who, like Boston, will rely on a lot of younger pitchers in their first full season? Surprise spender KC? They’ll be improved, but is Wacha and Lugo enough?
    They will need fluke health from the Judge/Stanton lineup... Is Judge ready for Opening Day?
    I get MV Pee.

How about

Same answer.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Verdugo: 550 OPS in Spring Training and still showing up late

It's going to be fun to follow his escapades this year. Reaping. Sowing. What have you. The NY media will get on him harder than the BOS clown show.
    Not sure we should release our inner Schadenfreude since we're the ones who gave up Mookie for him.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

I’m surprised how many think the Sox will come in last with 78 wins or more. That the Sox have accomplished this in the last two years didn’t underscore how rare it is. In MLB history, there have been as many 110 win teams as there have been last place teams with 78 wins…
    It's a trend now though. AL East is historically strong, or something like that.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

If they have 77 win with two to play, do you root for one more win for them to get to 78 or do you hope they get to 79? Maybe hope they lose out and stay at 77?
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If they have 77 win with two to play, do you root for one more win for them to get to 78 or do you hope they get to 79? Maybe hope they lose out and stay at 77?
    Vegas has them at 77.5, so that 78th win would definitely be a biggie for a lot of people.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's a trend now though. AL East is historically strong, or something like that.
    It’s was a little easier for the 2023 Sox due to the balanced schedule. But that they did it twice while playing 76 games against the AL East is flat out crazy…

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Vegas has them at 77.5, so that 78th win would definitely be a biggie for a lot of people.
    I had no idea what Vegas had them at.
    I get MV Pee.