Register now to remove this ad

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667
Results 991 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: 2024 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    What prospect assets does bres-slow have to use at the trade deadline?

Blies?
    Cespedes?
    The top 10 is probably untouchable to Breslow except for Sandlin. Fitts is needed for next season so he's not going elsewhere.

They could probably move any prospect from 11 on though I doubt they move very young starters like Portes. I wouldn't be that surprised if they moved a guy like Elmer Rodriguez as he's going to Rule 5 eligible after next season and is repeating Salem again for the second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Legend
    What prospect assets does bres-slow have to use at the trade deadline?

Blies?
    Cespedes?
    Yorke most likely. Cespedes and Bleis would require a pretty good player with some control - it'd hurt to deal em but they are both far enough from the bigs that it's not some slam dunk no.

@alexspeier
    Minor Details: Are the Red Sox’ Big Three now a Big Four? Roman Anthony and members of the Sea Dogs have started calling Kristian Campbell "Barry Bonds." "The video looks like it's in fast motion, like it's sped up when he swings."
    I get MV Pee.

Garcia with another tater today

This kid may need more attention

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The top 10 is probably untouchable to Breslow except for Sandlin. Fitts is needed for next season so he's not going elsewhere.

They could probably move any prospect from 11 on though I doubt they move very young starters like Portes. I wouldn't be that surprised if they moved a guy like Elmer Rodriguez as he's going to Rule 5 eligible after next season and is repeating Salem again for the second time.
    Is Fitts really need for next season? I don't disagree, but a trade and a signing makes him very expendable. Still, they could probably swing any trade they wanted to without him.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Garcia with another tater today

This kid may need more attention
    The Salem team was a lot of fun early in the season when both brothers were playing at the same time. Jhostynxon is definitely a top 30 prospect in this system if not top 20. Too undervalued at 33 IMO.
    I get MV Pee.

Is Fitts really need for next season? I don't disagree, but a trade and a signing makes him very expendable. Still, they could probably swing any trade they wanted to without him.
    I think so because I believe Whitlock will be in the pen going forward. Pivetta will be gone. Fitts may not be the #5 starter, but he would be one of the first guys up in case of injury.
    I get MV Pee.

https://x.com/RotoClegg/status/1806520746102935618

@RotoClegg
    David Sandlin, RHP, BOS

Nights like tonight show why the Red Sox traded for Sandlin. He was electric.
    3 IP/2 H/1 BB/7 K/17 whiffs.
    FB: 96-99
    SPL: 91-94
    CT: 88-90
    SL: 84-86
    CB: 80

Tweet includes video of whiffage.
    I get MV Pee.

I think so because I believe Whitlock will be in the pen going forward. Pivetta will be gone. Fitts may not be the #5 starter, but he would be one of the first guys up in case of injury.
    I don't disagree at all, just playing devils advocate. I'm certain there are permutations of the future where if a team really wants Fitts for a player the Sox see in their plans then he's gone.

Call it a 5-25% chance he's traded.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

I could be thinking of another prospect, but I thought Fitts was that guy who actually got stronger and saw his' velo tick up as the season went on last year.

He might be an option in the Sox rotation down the road this year.

I could be thinking of another prospect, but I thought Fitts was that guy who actually got stronger and saw his' velo tick up as the season went on last year.

He might be an option in the Sox rotation down the road this year.
    I'm not sure if he's quite ready this year as I don't believe he has a third pitch and his stuff is just average to above average on his two good pitches. Could really struggle with lefties at the next level.
    I get MV Pee.

I don't disagree at all, just playing devils advocate. I'm certain there are permutations of the future where if a team really wants Fitts for a player the Sox see in their plans then he's gone.

Call it a 5-25% chance he's traded.
    If a team really wants any player for a guy the Sox want in their plans, that guy may be gone. I think the Sox could realistically trade ANY of their prospects. I just don't think it's likely they trade a top 10 prospect.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    If a team really wants any player for a guy the Sox want in their plans, that guy may be gone. I think the Sox could realistically trade ANY of their prospects. I just don't think it's likely they trade a top 10 prospect.
    Hard to say, especially with the number of top ten lists. That could cover a wide range of prospects. If we go by Soxprospects.com, I think the top 4 are all out of bounds, especially with Perales taking himself out. But the one I question is Bleis. I know he looks like a "sell low", but I don't think A ball stats matter nearly as much as scouting perception and tools.

I am not real sure about Zanetello, but I figure the Sox likely hold on him for a while and see how he develops...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Hard to say, especially with the number of top ten lists. That could cover a wide range of prospects. If we go by Soxprospects.com, I think the top 4 are all out of bounds, especially with Perales taking himself out. But the one I question is Bleis. I know he looks like a "sell low", but I don't think A ball stats matter nearly as much as scouting perception and tools.

I am not real sure about Zanetello, but I figure the Sox likely hold on him for a while and see how he develops...
    If somehow we find a way to trade for a solid SPer who is not a rental, maybe someone near Zanetello, Fitts or Sandlin might be the headliner, but those are rare deadline trades.

IMO, I think the highest guys we might trade are Lugo, Paulino, Castro, Romero or Meidtoth. Batters for pitchers.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?