Register now to remove this ad

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I think he could eventually be a UTIL guy. To be a starting player, he'd really need to hit the ball harder.
    Can you see what his season numbers are on exit velocity or Hard hit%?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Can you see what his season numbers are on exit velocity or Hard hit%?
    No, I think the SoxProspects guys have those numbers, but don't disclose them as they are not public. They have mentioned that his exit velo is very low. They've been overly down on him before he even hit AA. I wanted to see him compete at each level before I made a judgement. I think he should be given a shot at MLB at some point, just probably not 2024.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Lugo tater on back to back days in AAA.
    I get MV Pee.

No, I think the SoxProspects guys have those numbers, but don't disclose them as they are not public. They have mentioned that his exit velo is very low. They've been overly down on him before he even hit AA. I wanted to see him compete at each level before I made a judgement. I think he should be given a shot at MLB at some point, just probably not 2024.
    If Duran could consistently bunt a ball so accurately that it hits the third base bag, and so slowly that he runs to second base before it does, is that worse than lining one-hoppers to the centerfielder at 100 mph?

Most Red Sox fans (and probably modern MLB fans of all teams in general) would agree that the batting order and 40-man roster can really use a few more contact hitters with better hand-eye coordination than just all-or-nothing goons.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    If Duran could consistently bunt a ball so accurately that it hits the third base bag, and so slowly that he runs to second base before it does, is that worse than lining one-hoppers to the centerfielder at 100 mph?

Most Red Sox fans (and probably modern MLB fans of all teams in general) would agree that the batting order and 40-man roster can really use a few more contact hitters with better hand-eye coordination than just all-or-nothing goons.
    Not sure Chase has hit many balls 100 mph.
    I get MV Pee.

@SamDykstraMiLB
    Matthew Lugo's second Triple-A homer left the bat at 111.2 mph and went 428 feet.

That's the second-highest exit velocity on a @WooSox homer this season (Mark Kolozsvary, 112.2). Only Triston Casas (111.9) has hit a homer harder for the #RedSox in 2024.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post

The problem is, if pitchers know you can not hit it hard, they're going to challenge you. Put the ball in play, you can't hurt me. There just aren't too many players that fit Meidroth's profile that are successful everyday players.

I think he's a big leaguer, I think he might evern add value to this team, I just don't think he's going to be an impactful player.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Hatfield just posted in the soxprospects chat that there are mutliple players moving up/down at least 30 positions.

I think it's obivous Lugo is the one moving up 30, so that puts him at least in the top 20.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

The problem is, if pitchers know you can not hit it hard, they're going to challenge you. Put the ball in play, you can't hurt me. There just aren't too many players that fit Meidroth's profile that are successful everyday players.

I think he's a big leaguer, I think he might evern add value to this team, I just don't think he's going to be an impactful player.
    Well, Rochester's closer last night was throwing every pitch 96 mph in the 9th, and Meidroth impacted both the left field and right field foul lines with line drives (both just foul). Maybe a guy with a high average who doesn't hit homers in a park like Worcester, where the wind is always blowing out, is a better prospect than average.

Lord knows the Red Sox big league batting order can really use some more contact hitters; not just to get on base, but to work pitchers, and maybe even - omg - touch the ball with a baserunner on third and less than two outs. It can also help balance the roster, having a potential pinch hitter who won't automatically whiff like the Sox bench guys this year.

It makes me wonder why he walks so much, if pitchers don't fear him.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    It makes me wonder why he walks so much, if pitchers don't fear him.
    Pitchers in AAA aren't as good as they are in MLB.
    I get MV Pee.

Hatfield just posted in the soxprospects chat that there are mutliple players moving up/down at least 30 positions.

I think it's obivous Lugo is the one moving up 30, so that puts him at least in the top 20.
    To have him jump to #20 or higher is wild IMO. I want to hear what they think has change with them. Not just blah blah blah isn't linear...

Antonio Anderson drops 30?
    I get MV Pee.

Do they drop Castro or Hickey at all? Bastardo falls? Hoppe?

Penrod maybe gets pushed up?
    I get MV Pee.

All-Star
    Do they drop Castro or Hickey at all? Bastardo falls? Hoppe?

Penrod maybe gets pushed up?
    Hickey is dropping.

Castro no,
    Bastardo moves up

Drops:
    Wikelman 7 > below 10
    Jordan 17>20ish
    Hickey 19>22-25
    Anderson 26>30ish
    Hoppe 30>35-40

Rises:
    Perales 8> 6 or 7