Register now to remove this ad

Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    A guy from Baseball America is hinting that Perales may debut as a Top 100 prospect when they release the updated rankings tomorrow.

@EdHand89
    Per the updated Baseball America top 100

10. Marcelo Mayer- SS
    19. Roman Anthony- OF
    46. Kyle Teel- C
    57. Luis Perales- RHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

@EdHand89
    Per the updated Baseball America top 100

10. Marcelo Mayer- SS
    19. Roman Anthony- OF
    46. Kyle Teel- C
    57. Luis Perales- RHP
    Wow! #57! Quite a jump.

Maybe Cespedes joins the top 100, next.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Luis Perales has been my prospect binky for about a year now.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Wow! #57! Quite a jump.

Maybe Cespedes joins the top 100, next.
    Would probably need to be called up to Salem first IMO.
    I get MV Pee.

Would probably need to be called up to Salem first IMO.
    And push for the rest of the season. Not impossible
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Luis Perales has been my prospect binky for about a year now.
    He was ranked 10th by sp's back in DEC '22, dipped some, and should be top 7-9 on their next update.

Here is their last summation on him:

Potential back-end starter or multi-inning bridge arm. Ceiling of a mid-rotation starter. Wide variance arm with a high ceiling and low, but rising, floor. Size, delivery, and inconsistent command and control profile might push him into the bullpen, but has shown among the best raw stuff of any arm in the system and was identified by scouts as the top pitching prospect in the Florida Complex League in 2022. Will flash two plus pitches, with his changeup and cutter showing potential as well. All have shown bat-missing ability, and he shows comfort throwing all of them in most counts. Athletic and moves well on and off the mound. Next step in his development is finding consistency with his delivery and showing he can handle a full seasonā€™s workload. By staying healthy for the 2023 season, has gone a long way towards addressing the latter concern.

Lugo and Hickey homered for Woo.
    Meidroth and Sogard w 3 hits.

POR got blasted.
    Anthony returned and hit a solo blast & walked.

GRE was shut out. Wehunt 4 IP 2 ER

Salem bashed 9-1.

INT'L League leaders:

BB
    T3 Meidroth
    T8 Kavadas
    T8 Sogard

OBP
    5. Meidroth .437
    8. Kavadas .422

OPS
    10. Kavadas .948

Eastern League OPS
    1. Lugo 1.069 (.153 ahead of #2)
    7. Teel .875
    8. Gasper .861
    9. Mayer .860
    30. Anthony .779

Sat right behind Worcester dugout at last night's game. Nice to see Lugo and Yorke swinging it as well as anyone there.

But right now, Chase Meidroth looks the closest to the big leagues (guy puts the bat on the ball: 43 BB, 26 K -- how rare is that these days?)

We know Meidroth is highly rated as a solid infielder with good hands, but he also uses the entire field to hit the ball where it's pitched.

Bottom of the 9th, two outs, bases loaded, Woo down by three: with two strikes, Meidroth turns on a pitch and ropes it deep down the leftfield line -- just foul... all three baserunners were scoring and had to be sent back to their bases. Next pitch, Meidroth launches an outside pitch deep down the right field line -- just foul... again, he would've easily cleared the bags. Next pitch, he hits a hard grounder to short: force out, game over.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Sat right behind Worcester dugout at last night's game. Nice to see Lugo and Yorke swinging it as well as anyone there.

But right now, Chase Meidroth looks the closest to the big leagues (guy puts the bat on the ball: 43 BB, 26 K -- how rare is that these days?)

We know Meidroth is highly rated as a solid infielder with good hands, but he also uses the entire field to hit the ball where it's pitched.

Bottom of the 9th, two outs, bases loaded, Woo down by three: with two strikes, Meidroth turns on a pitch and ropes it deep down the leftfield line -- just foul... all three baserunners were scoring and had to be sent back to their bases. Next pitch, Meidroth launches an outside pitch deep down the right field line -- just foul... again, he would've easily cleared the bags. Next pitch, he hits a hard grounder to short: force out, game over.
    Thanks for the update. I suggested we call him up, when Devers got hurt, but we did okay with Romy & DHam.

Here is what sp's has to say about Chase...

Potential fringe-bench player who brings solid contact skills and some defensive versatility. Ceiling of a contact-oriented utility player, Will always have to hit, but has shown strong contact skills and an advanced approach so far. Needs to show he can impact the baseball or advanced arms will challenge him since they know he is unlikely to make them pay. Young for the college draft class and combination of age, contact skills and approach grade out really well on models.

Thanks for the update. I suggested we call him up, when Devers got hurt, but we did okay with Romy & DHam.

Here is what sp's has to say about Chase...

Potential fringe-bench player who brings solid contact skills and some defensive versatility. Ceiling of a contact-oriented utility player, Will always have to hit, but has shown strong contact skills and an advanced approach so far. Needs to show he can impact the baseball or advanced arms will challenge him since they know he is unlikely to make them pay. Young for the college draft class and combination of age, contact skills and approach grade out really well on models.
    His issue is that if he can't really punish pitchers with power, they will just go after him in MLB. Why throw any pitch outside of the zone? He'll never make them pay. I would love to see a profile like his return to MLB, but I'm not sure it can work out.
    I get MV Pee.

His issue is that if he can't really punish pitchers with power, they will just go after him in MLB. Why throw any pitch outside of the zone? He'll never make them pay. I would love to see a profile like his return to MLB, but I'm not sure it can work out.
    Meidroth did have three hits in the game, one a double to the wall in center, another liner to right...

... as opposed to Hickey, who tanked a homer over 400 feet and struck out -- four times.

Btw, re. Kavadas -- kinda clunky at first base, and lots of holes in his swing. Can't see him in the majors over a guy like Dalbec, who at least can contribute on defense.

The way some of our infielders are hitting, I'll take a high OBP and singles/doubles hitter over this sub .500 and even .400 OPS crapola.

Of course, we can't be sure he can even hit .260 with a .340+ OBP in the bigs.

I'd like to see him get a chance, at some time.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Meidroth did have three hits in the game, one a double to the wall in center, another liner to right...

... as opposed to Hickey, who tanked a homer over 400 feet and struck out -- four times.

Btw, re. Kavadas -- kinda clunky at first base, and lots of holes in his swing. Can't see him in the majors over a guy like Dalbec, who at least can contribute on defense.
    Last night exit velo and distance for Meidroth:
    99 mph 60' forceout
    98 mph 383' double
    93 mph 15' groundout
    86 mph 12' single
    78 mph 4' groundout
    76 mph 236' double

9 of the top 10 exit velos in the game went for hits with 6 XBH. Chase was not among them.
    I get MV Pee.

The way some of our infielders are hitting, I'll take a high OBP and singles/doubles hitter over this sub .500 and even .400 OPS crapola.

Of course, we can't be sure he can even hit .260 with a .340+ OBP in the bigs.

I'd like to see him get a chance, at some time.
    I think he could eventually be a UTIL guy. To be a starting player, he'd really need to hit the ball harder.
    I get MV Pee.