Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Out of all those names the only guys I'm really excited about are Bleis, and Cespedes.

Although I bet someone from the Garcia, Zanetello, Campbell, Brannon, Castro pop.

Some of these guys are going to bust, the ones closer to the majors trending down are very strong candidates to do so (Jordan/Yorke), others will be traded too.

All the real exciting prospects are RHH, aside from Bleis and Cespedes who are the furthest away are LHH.
    Brannon? I don't think he even makes it to WOO.

Jhostynxon is really underrated in my book. He can rake. He's been able to hit at a level that a guy like Castro (overrated) never has.

Campbell jumped up the rankings the way many people expected this year. Nice to see, but his defense has been pretty bad whenever I've seen him. He's not an IFer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Where are all the Isaac Coffey heads this year? I was told he was a legitimate starting pitching prospect last year! I was told not to worry about his lack of velocity!
    I get MV Pee.

@redsoxstats
    Out of 88 qualified batters in the Eastern League in May, Kyle Teel ranks 3rd in BA (.352), 5th in OBP (.446), and 20th in isolated power (.197). Also rates 12th in BB% and 28th in K%. A superb month.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Wikelman has been really terrible this season. I was hoping that he'd continue on his second half success from last year and at least have some relief appearances for BOS going forward. I'm not seeing it right now.
    @redsoxstats
    Wikelman has thrown 57% strikes so far this year. His K% has dropped from 32% to 23%. His BB% has ticked up from 14% to 15%. Swinging strike% is down from 12.7% to 10.5%. He has a 7.11 ERA with 5.15 FIP and 5.19 xFIP. ERA is inflated because of a 52% Left On Base%, but yikes.
    I get MV Pee.

Brannon? I don't think he even makes it to WOO.

Jhostynxon is really underrated in my book. He can rake. He's been able to hit at a level that a guy like Castro (overrated) never has.

Campbell jumped up the rankings the way many people expected this year. Nice to see, but his defense has been pretty bad whenever I've seen him. He's not an IFer.
    Well that's why I didn't put him in first Tier (Brannon), I think he's a long shot too BUT he was a top 100 draft prospect who was given a bonus that was $550K over slot, hasn't played a lot yet and just turned 20. If he can stick behind the plate and his hit tool develops he could be a top 100 prospect in all of the game, although I agree that not even getting to the high minors is a real possibility as well.

And I was actually talking about Johanfran Garcia, who I'm pretty high on, but Jhostynxon is very intriguing as welll.

It would be pretty cool if we could develop two MLBers who are brothers.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Wikelman has been dissapointing, but the Sox system as a whole has been very impressive this year. I think they will be in everyones top 10 mid season, and they may even be making some top 5's. The biggest knock on our system by those ranking us the lowest had been the lack of pitching talent and while I still think the pitching depth lacks in this system and isn't it's strength it has taken a noticable big step forward.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

@tdhagerty
    Highest 2024 home attendance in
    @MiLB

1) El Paso Chihuahuas 198,640
    2) Lehigh Valley IronPigs 197,948
    3) Albuquerque Isotopes 183,159
    4) Las Vegas Aviators 170,942
    5) Worcester Red Sox 168,583
    I get MV Pee.

Well that's why I didn't put him in first Tier (Brannon), I think he's a long shot too BUT he was a top 100 draft prospect who was given a bonus that was $550K over slot, hasn't played a lot yet and just turned 20. If he can stick behind the plate and his hit tool develops he could be a top 100 prospect in all of the game, although I agree that not even getting to the high minors is a real possibility as well.

And I was actually talking about Johanfran Garcia, who I'm pretty high on, but Jhostynxon is very intriguing as welll.

It would be pretty cool if we could develop two MLBers who are brothers.
    I am under the assumption that when people say Garcia that they are referring to Johanfran.
    I get MV Pee.

Wikelman has been dissapointing, but the Sox system as a whole has been very impressive this year. I think they will be in everyones top 10 mid season, and they may even be making some top 5's. The biggest knock on our system by those ranking us the lowest had been the lack of pitching talent and while I still think the pitching depth lacks in this system and isn't it's strength it has taken a noticable big step forward.
    I'm not sure if their pitching has convinced anyone since the concern was a lack of high end pitching. Perales has been ok, but we'll have to see what he looks like now that he's moved up the ladder.

Fitts has been fine. Sandlin hasn't really impressed TBH. Rodriguez has pitched better this year than last. Sox really needed someone else to pop like Monegro or Bastardo.

The only starters (not mentioned above) that have really been interesting this year are Early, Penrod, Encarnacion and Wehunt.
    I get MV Pee.

I'm not sure if their pitching has convinced anyone since the concern was a lack of high end pitching. Perales has been ok, but we'll have to see what he looks like now that he's moved up the ladder.

Fitts has been fine. Sandlin hasn't really impressed TBH. Rodriguez has pitched better this year than last. Sox really needed someone else to pop like Monegro or Bastardo.

The only starters (not mentioned above) that have really been interesting this year are Early, Penrod, Encarnacion and Wehunt.
    Perales has been better than ok, his whif % on his pitches are elite, I forget the exact number but his change up was insane, it was above 60%. Ian Cundall talked about him on the last podcast and I believe he said he thinks he's going to be in some peoples top 100 lists this summer if he keeps it up. I think he's going to be the #1 pitching prospect in the system when the new rankings come out.

I also don't think we have a relevant sample size to really judge Sandlin, at least not by his stat line

Jhostynxon promoted to GRE today.
    I get MV Pee.

Penrod has his first WOO start today.
    I get MV Pee.

Fitts threw a gem last night.

@SoxProspects
    Richard Fitts is our SoxProspects Player of the Day after a stellar performance in Charlotte. The 24-year-old hurler threw 82 pitches and induced 15 swings-and-misses. He improved to 4-1 and lowered his ERA on the season to 3.72. He is currently ranked as the top pitching prospect in the organization and is in a position to make his major league debut at some point in 2024.
    I get MV Pee.

Where are all the Isaac Coffey heads this year? I was told he was a legitimate starting pitching prospect last year! I was told not to worry about his lack of velocity!
    You reversed jinxed him!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?