Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Prospects

All-Star
    Cuba*

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    Cuba*
    Ahhh.

Yes.

What I find interesting is that after Hinojosa, Espinoza and Acosta (all pitchers) were chosen from 2014 to 2014, hardly any were taken with big bonuses. (None for over $750K.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Looking at the projected roster for Portland and it looks like a very exciting hitting lineup!!! Plus a little intriguing pitching

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Looking at the projected roster for Portland and it looks like a very exciting hitting lineup!!! Plus a little intriguing pitching
    A lot of them will be pushing the AAA roster by midseason too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

soxpropsects.com usually does a pretty good job, all around, but I do wonder why they have Winckowski in AAA to start the season, and Campbell on the big club. I understand the situation with Rule 5 Slaten and out of options Mata creating a roster situation, but I'd flip the two. (They have Wink starting.)

They also have us acquiring another SP and a RF'er. (O'Neill in LF, Duran in CF and Yoshida at DH. They have Dalbec on the 26 with reyes, McGuire and Ref as the subs. Both rafaela and Abreu in AAA. Much can change, for sure.

I can't see Dalbec on the 26. That might mean we'll have to add a RF'er who can also back-up 1B, or give someone a 1Bman's mitt and hope Casas can play nearly everyday at 1B.

We have SP'er depth in our MLB pen, but avoiding their use as starters would vault our pen to top 5-8 status. In AAA, we'll have: Max Castillo, Richard Fitts, Grant Gambrell, Brandon Walter and Chris Murphy as depth.

The pen depth is pretty strong, especially if 3-4 out of our swingmen (Pivetta, Crawford, Houck, Whitlock) can stay in the pen. Jansen, Martin, 1-4 swingmen, Schreiber, Winckowski, Bernardino, Slaten, Mata, Campbell, Criswell, Weissert, Kelly, Guerrero and converted SP'ers in AAA. (Benitez and Olivares may climb.)

Catcher depth on the farm: Roberto Perez & Stephen Scott in AAA, Teel & Hickey in AA, plus Jo Garcia and B Brannon in A+. That's solid minor league depth at a position many teams are dying in.

1B: Dalbec in AAA, along with Kavadas. Jordan in AA.

2B: E Valdez, Yorke & DHam at AAA and Paulino at AA.

SS: DHam at AAA and Mayer at AA. (Romero A+, Zanetello A- and Cespedes FCL offer some very nice hopes for the future.)

3B: Meidroth at AAA and Lugo in AA. (A Anderson has promise)

LF: Rosier (McDonough in AA)
    CF: Rafaela (Anthony in AA, Castro in A+ & Bleis in A- have a ton of promise)
    RF: Abreu (Yuten is far away)

DH: E Valdez, Yorke, Hickey, Kavadas (K Campbell)

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    soxpropsects.com usually does a pretty good job, all around, but I do wonder why they have Winckowski in AAA to start the season, and Campbell on the big club. I understand the situation with Rule 5 Slaten and out of options Mata creating a roster situation, but I'd flip the two. (They have Wink starting.)

They also have us acquiring another SP and a RF'er. (O'Neill in LF, Duran in CF and Yoshida at DH. They have Dalbec on the 26 with reyes, McGuire and Ref as the subs. Both rafaela and Abreu in AAA. Much can change, for sure.

I can't see Dalbec on the 26. That might mean we'll have to add a RF'er who can also back-up 1B, or give someone a 1Bman's mitt and hope Casas can play nearly everyday at 1B.

We have SP'er depth in our MLB pen, but avoiding their use as starters would vault our pen to top 5-8 status. In AAA, we'll have: Max Castillo, Richard Fitts, Grant Gambrell, Brandon Walter and Chris Murphy as depth.

The pen depth is pretty strong, especially if 3-4 out of our swingmen (Pivetta, Crawford, Houck, Whitlock) can stay in the pen. Jansen, Martin, 1-4 swingmen, Schreiber, Winckowski, Bernardino, Slaten, Mata, Campbell, Criswell, Weissert, Kelly, Guerrero and converted SP'ers in AAA. (Benitez and Olivares may climb.)

Catcher depth on the farm: Roberto Perez & Stephen Scott in AAA, Teel & Hickey in AA, plus Jo Garcia and B Brannon in A+. That's solid minor league depth at a position many teams are dying in.

1B: Dalbec in AAA, along with Kavadas. Jordan in AA.

2B: E Valdez, Yorke & DHam at AAA and Paulino at AA.

SS: DHam at AAA and Mayer at AA. (Romero A+, Zanetello A- and Cespedes FCL offer some very nice hopes for the future.)

3B: Meidroth at AAA and Lugo in AA. (A Anderson has promise)

LF: Rosier (McDonough in AA)
    CF: Rafaela (Anthony in AA, Castro in A+ & Bleis in A- have a ton of promise)
    RF: Abreu (Yuten is far away)

DH: E Valdez, Yorke, Hickey, Kavadas (K Campbell)
    The FO has talked about Wink starting this offseason. If that's the case, there's reason to believe he'd get stretched out in AAA over the first few months as he hasn't been a starter in a while. Most likely, Mata is DFA'd and Wink is put back into the pen. The RF Acquisition isn't made and Abreu starts the season in BOS. Not sure what the plan is for backup 1B, but if they are just pinching pennies then Dalbec isn't the worst option as he can also play corner OF and 3B.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The FO has talked about Wink starting this offseason. If that's the case, there's reason to believe he'd get stretched out in AAA over the first few months as he hasn't been a starter in a while. Most likely, Mata is DFA'd and Wink is put back into the pen. The RF Acquisition isn't made and Abreu starts the season in BOS. Not sure what the plan is for backup 1B, but if they are just pinching pennies then Dalbec isn't the worst option as he can also play corner OF and 3B.
    For penny pinching, yes, Dalbec gets the nod. I'd rather see others on the 26, but they will all get their looks, if they deserve it.

Gonzalez on the mound on Portland should be exciting

Hopefully, Perales gets promoted to AA, in 2024. (Maybe by the time he is, Wikelman will be in AAA.)

BA came out with their top 100. Sox on the list.

14. Mayer
    21. Anthony
    62. Teel
    94. Rafaela

Sox had 5 prospects who didn't make the final cut for the top 100 but did receive votes (meaning they're in some peoples top 100)

Miguel Bleis
    Wikelman Gonzelez
    Dick Fitts
    Wilyer Abreu
    Yoeilin Cespeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

BA came out with their top 100. Sox on the list.

14. Mayer
    21. Anthony
    62. Teel
    94. Rafaela

Sox had 5 prospects who didn't make the final cut for the top 100 but did receive votes (meaning they're in some peoples top 100)

Miguel Bleis
    Wikelman Gonzelez
    Dick Fitts
    Wilyer Abreu
    Yoeilin Cespeds.
    Bleis was noted as being in the "just missed" category. If Cespedes has a strong season, he'll be in the conversation too.
    I get MV Pee.

He already had 10 decent starts there. I wouldn't be surprised if they push him a little more now that he's on the 40 man.
    I get MV Pee.

Bleis was noted as being in the "just missed" category. If Cespedes has a strong season, he'll be in the conversation too.
    What position is Cespedes playing and where does he project once he makes the majors?

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    What position is Cespedes playing and where does he project once he makes the majors?
    Currently, he's playing SS. In the future, he may move to 2B or 3B. Maybe he stays at SS? Xander was projected to move off SS when he was 18 too and he's playing a better SS at 29 and 30 than ever. Hard to really know for sure for someone so young.
    I get MV Pee.

Currently, he's playing SS. In the future, he may move to 2B or 3B. Maybe he stays at SS? Xander was projected to move off SS when he was 18 too and he's playing a better SS at 29 and 30 than ever. Hard to really know for sure for someone so young.

Being state side this year, I expect to see a more robust scouting report at some point.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.