Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Reyes has a huge edge.

Although maybe Sogard can get some early session at bats while Grissom is out…
    Sogard would have to be added to the 60 man which I don't see happening at this point.

I think Reyes is still in the drivers seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Sogard would have to be added to the 60 man which I don't see happening at this point.

I think Reyes is still in the drivers seat.
    Agreed, and I doubt we go out of our way to add Sogard to the 40, even if Grissom goes on the 60 day IL.

We already have Reyes, E Valdez and DHam on the 40. Yorke and Sogard are both Rule 5 eligible, this winter, so pre-empting their addition, at some point, could happen, but not now.

I think they want to see what EValdez can do, first.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Sogard only OPS'd 761 last season in AAA. They are going to want him to mash there before he gets added to the 40 man.
    I get MV Pee.

I don't know if we mentioned it here, but Bonaci was suspended for 2024 last week under the "Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Child Abuse" policy. This doesn't mean he did all three, but something in that realm. No reports on what happened and can't infer it happened to a minor. Must have been pretty horrible though.

Bye.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Sogard only OPS'd 761 last season in AAA. They are going to want him to mash there before he gets added to the 40 man.
    I think that would be more important if they view Sogard as anything more of an emergency fill-in/organizational depth who probably never secures a bench spot in Bostson full time. If he is just some emergency fill-in, they might see what he can do while he is swinging well and hope it translates to a decent week or two with the parent club. And if they need to DFA him afterwards, he could easily sneak through waivers. Especially in April, when fewer 40 man roster spots open up around the league for a waiver claim.

Pablo had a .716 OPS last year in the majors, and now he bats clean-up in ST games. That's gotta mean something... to someone... let me check one of the betting show that's on every other channel on my remote menu.

As for Bonaci, the decision to send him home for the year was simple. You might call it a ----- say it out loud -----

(So-gard, So-gard, So-gard)

I think that would be more important if they view Sogard as anything more of an emergency fill-in/organizational depth who probably never secures a bench spot in Bostson full time. If he is just some emergency fill-in, they might see what he can do while he is swinging well and hope it translates to a decent week or two with the parent club. And if they need to DFA him afterwards, he could easily sneak through waivers. Especially in April, when fewer 40 man roster spots open up around the league for a waiver claim.
    I just don't see why you'd push him onto the 40 man. No reason for it at this time.
    I get MV Pee.

MLB updated the Top 30 prospects for each club. Breslow has doubled the pitching prospects in the Sox' Top 16, by adding 13 Fitts and 16 Sandlin to 7 Gonzalez and 11 Perales.

Meanwhile, Atlanta's top 5 prospects are pitchers. The Braves' best 15 prospects include 10 pitchers. They have finished first the past six straight seasons and last just once in 30 years.

Maybe Henry can hire some junior exec from Atlanta's org next time, instead of Tampa's.

Deity
    I just don't see why you'd push him onto the 40 man. No reason for it at this time.
    My goal is to get rid of Joe Jacques. But if the Sox do push him on to the 40 man, it’s because he’s cheap. And as he’s already 26, he’s also probably close to being expendable…

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    MLB updated the Top 30 prospects for each club. Breslow has doubled the pitching prospects in the Sox' Top 16, by adding 13 Fitts and 16 Sandlin to 7 Gonzalez and 11 Perales.

Meanwhile, Atlanta's top 5 prospects are pitchers. The Braves' best 15 prospects include 10 pitchers. They have finished first the past six straight seasons and last just once in 30 years.

Maybe Henry can hire some junior exec from Atlanta's org next time, instead of Tampa's.
    Part of the reason they have brought in Breslow and Bailey is because how the fortunes of CHC and SF turned around under those two. We'll have to return to this in 2 years and see what the Sox were able to do differently if anything.
    I get MV Pee.

My goal is to get rid of Joe Jacques. But if the Sox do push him on to the 40 man, it’s because he’s cheap. And as he’s already 26, he’s also probably close to being expendable…
    If they push Jacques off the 40 man, it's for another pitcher IMO. Sogard would be an obvious replacement for Hamilton or Romy Gonzalez.
    I get MV Pee.

Joe Jacques is trending on every thread.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Joe Jacques is trending on every thread.
    People are big mad over a Spring Training game and he reminds them of 2023.

In looking at the 40 man roster, he's the worst pitcher left.
    I get MV Pee.

He should be #1 on the DFA list, but we often get this wrong.

I'd add 5-10 others before I add Sogard, and that's not even including picking up someone cut from another team or signing a FA.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

People are big mad over a Spring Training game and he reminds them of 2023.

In looking at the 40 man roster, he's the worst pitcher left.
    And when he's gone the focus will turn to the new worst one.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.