Register now to remove this ad

Page 83 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1636

Thread: Chris Sale traded to Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And I think Bloom was just the hatchet man with Bogaerts too.
    Good point; it's hard to believe when he was still with Tampa that Bloom was plotting to recruit Story when he became a free agent.

The whole replace our homegrown diamond in the rough with a fugazi scheme smacks of some Boston Ass VP conference with scatterplots on a Smartboard...

Bogaerts is doing better than Story since Bogaerts joined the Padres. And Bogaerts still has a few months to contribute to the Padres this year.
    Oh I was talking about this year. But yeah you're right, but I still wouldn't want that contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Was that before, or after he slapped Bogey across the face with that lowball contract ext offer.
    I think that was Lowball Johnny's work again. Lester, Betts, Bogaerts.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Nothing can change the three losing last place in the division finishes under Bloom. Unfortunately the Red Sox did that.
    You're counting the 2020 season? Shame on you. It was a nonseason.

Bloom's first real season was 2021, and the Sox made it to the ALCS, which is more than DD's 2016 and 2017 Sox teams did. Plus in 2021 the Sox/Chaim Bloom didn't have Mookie, Price, or Sale. After Barnes collapsed (went sour) in midseason, the Sox finished the 2021 season and postseason without a closer.

CB probably deserved to get fired, but in his defense John Henry changed what he was willing to pay for--which continues into this 2024 season.

Oh I was talking about this year. But yeah you're right, but I still wouldn't want that contract.
    I guess it'll have to be said a zillion times, but none of us wanted that contract. The Red Sox just didn't make a serious effort at a reasonable new extension.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

And I think Bloom was just the hatchet man with Bogaerts too. Henry had to sign off on that insult offer they made.

I think they legit tried to resign him, and were taken by surprise by the SD offer, as apparently all of baseball was.

Body language reveals a lot, Bloom was bragging about big things happening that day and after Bogaerts signed he had a look on his face like his entire family just perished in a plane crash.

Don't want to rehash this, it's been debated almost as much as Mookie on here, but some would come in and say the Sox botched the Bogaerts situation by not extending him further before he got to free agency, and I would be inclined to agree.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

HA! we pretty much said the same thing.....ok moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Bogaerts was a four-time Silver Slugger who won two rings in Boston. Nobody has come even close to playing at that level at shortstop since he left.

The middle infield has been so shaky the past two years, it is hard to understand how anyone can think the Red Sox wouldn't have more stability with him on the field.

And spare me the San Diego contract numbers, because every poster here agrees Xander wanted to stay in Boston, and probably would've signed for Story money when Bloom pivoted instead to a bad-elbowed, Coors-inflated strikeout king.
    ouch. a truly sad indictment of the Sox FO.

I guess it'll have to be said a zillion times, but none of us wanted that contract. The Red Sox just didn't make a serious effort at a reasonable new extension.
    speaking of not making a serious effort at a reasonable extension....i wonder why Lowball Johnny hasn't made one to AC yet? because he's Lowball JOhnny and doesn't respect the talents of guys like Mookie, Lester, Bogey and Cora?

Deity
    I think they legit tried to resign him, and were taken by surprise by the SD offer, as apparently all of baseball was.

Body language reveals a lot, Bloom was bragging about big things happening that day and after Bogaerts signed he had a look on his face like his entire family just perished in a plane crash.

Don't want to rehash this, it's been debated almost as much as Mookie on here, but some would come in and say the Sox botched the Bogaerts situation by not extending him further before he got to free agency, and I would be inclined to agree.
    Legit tried to resign Bogey? Was it that one year ext added on to his current contract offer at the time your first clue? By the time the Red Sox made their final offer it was WAY to late. Bloom could NOT read the room.
    Last edited by Old Red; 07-16-2024 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    You're counting the 2020 season? Shame on you. It was a nonseason.
    I don't care if 2020 was a Little League tournament or old-timers weekend at a Florida fantasy camp. That pitching staff on the Red Sox roster that Chaim Bloom assembled was the worst I have ever seen in my entire lifetime.

Boston in 2020 gave up the most hits and walks out of all 30 teams in the majors. You can pretend it didn't happen, but it did.

Those '20 Sox also gave up the most runs scored, with the worst runs-against per game in the AL, and only 3/100th of a run better than the Rockies (who played half their games in Jellystone National Park).

If you don't believe me, ask the cardboard fans who got knocked over by the longball if they felt it.

Legit tried to resign Bogey? Was it that one year ext added on to his current contract offer at the time your first clue?
    no.

Deity
    no.
    Like I said by the time the Red Sox made their final offer it was way too late. If Bloom was legit he was incompetent.

Like I said by the time the Red Sox made their final offer it was way too late. If Bloom was legit he was incompetent.
    Yeah, I get that, like me and Bellhorn have said, there's zero need to rehash this for the 10000000000000X time.

Deity
    Yeah, I get that, like me and Bellhorn have said, there's zero need to rehash this for the 10000000000000X time.
    I’m not the one who brought it up, but I agree.