Last game: .667/.800/1.000

What did he do last night?
    Unsustainable BABIP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Unsustainable BABIP!
    His hard hit and line drive rate last night says otherwise!
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    His hard hit and line drive rate last night says otherwise!
    95.7 mph, 91', xBA 370
    98.8 mph, 339', xBA 470
    87.0 mph, 314', xBA 060

Total xBA of 300 vs 667 BABIP. Unstainable BABIP!
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yes, as mvp put it, he's an OK prospect. We have a number of those for middle infield. We also have Story and Mayer.
    Almost every ranking system had Grissom way ahead of DHam, Romy, Valdez, Yorke and Mayer was not ML ready to start 2024. Mayer is also going to play SS, not 2B.

Grissom has sucked in a small sample size. He was not good in a larger one last year, but let’s not say we had better looking 2Bmen in February 2024.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Almost every ranking system had Grissom way ahead of DHam, Romy, Valdez, Yorke and Mayer was not ML ready to start 2024. Mayer is also going to play SS, not 2B.

Grissom has sucked in a small sample size. He was not good in a larger one last year, but let’s not say we had better looking 2Bmen in February 2024.
    What looks good on paper doesn’t always transfer to the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    if he's such a middle of the road prospect then Breslow got fucked on this deal even worse than i thought.
    If he doesn’t work out, yes the deal sucked. Since we did not spend the $10M saved on Sale, it is even worse. I suppose we can do mental gymnastics and say we got O’Neill and Hendriks for $10M, but we cut salary from 2023, so I don’t see it that way. Okay, maybe it allowed Brez to sign Gio, but that is no feather in the cap either.

That being said, I think the general consensus of baseball people thought Grissom was better than a middle of the road prospect or young MLB player. It’s okay to bash the trade without changing this fact.

Last 5 games: 211/286/421

What has he done lately?
    Tge biggest HR of the season?

Deity
    If he doesn’t work out, yes the deal sucked. Since we did not spend the $10M saved on Sale, it is even worse. I suppose we can do mental gymnastics and say we got O’Neill and Hendriks for $10M, but we cut salary from 2023, so I don’t see it that way. Okay, maybe it allowed Brez to sign Gio, but that is no feather in the cap either.

That being said, I think the general consensus of baseball people thought Grissom was better than a middle of the road prospect or young MLB player. It’s okay to bash the trade without changing this fact.
    You keep being hooked on the $10M saved from trading Sale that went to Gio whom I don’t believe would have been signed without the Sale deal happening.

Yeah, it's unfortunate, there's definitely some piling on going on with Grissom. It's a trifecta of bad stuff-the guy he got traded for is having a great season, he can't stay healthy and his numbers are horrific. He's so far behind the eight-ball now that you wonder if he has much future with the Sox, especially with them having multiple other 2B possibilities for 2025 and beyond.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Yeah, it's unfortunate, there's definitely some piling on going on with Grissom. It's a trifecta of bad stuff-the guy he got traded for is having a great season, he can't stay healthy and his numbers are horrific. He's so far behind the eight-ball now that you wonder if he has much future with the Sox, especially with them having multiple other 2B possibilities for 2025 and beyond.
    In the end, I think you’ll find we might not be as deep up the middle as we think right now.

I’m sure most rank Mayer well ahead of Grissom, but in 6 days, Mayer will be the same age Grissom was on his MLB debut…
    Last edited by notin; 07-10-2024 at 02:34 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    In the end, I think you’ll find we might not be as deep up the middle as we think right now.

I’m sure most rank Mayer well ahead of Grissom, but in 6 days, Mayer will be the same age Grissom was on his MLB debut…
    How deep they are depends on Mayer, and Story.

Mayer
    Story
    Hamilton
    Valdez
    Grissom
    Campbell
    Yorke
    Meidroth
    Paulino

I've seen much worse depth in recent years from the Sox up the middle. They are getting there and two of these bums should work out.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Mayer
    Story
    Hamilton
    Valdez
    Grissom
    Campbell
    Yorke
    Meidroth
    Paulino

I've seen much worse depth in recent years from the Sox up the middle. They are getting there and two of these bums should work out.
    You’re assuming they all stay at 2b/SS or stay in the organization. And as I mentioned earlier, when Grissom was Mayer’s age (minus 6 days), he was already in MLB…

We do have many options in 2025 and beyond, but 2024 looked pretty bad, pre-trade and not great after the trade, either. 2B was a need for 2024.

Grissom looked to be the best chance of respectability at 2B as of February 2024. It hasn’t worked out but it was what it was.

You’re assuming they all stay at 2b/SS or stay in the organization. And as I mentioned earlier, when Grissom was Mayer’s age (minus 6 days), he was already in MLB…
    What I'm saying is that this depth today for the near future is better than they have had in recent memory.
    I get MV Pee.