Register now to remove this ad

Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Sale traded to Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Pretty good data-based article on why the Braves thought Sale was worth taking a chance on.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/c...veteran-lefty/
    they traded him for spite. the end.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    they traded him for spite. the end.
    Trade him? They pretty much gave him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Trade him? They pretty much gave him away.
    technically, it was a trade. but yeah. and for a team that needed starting pitching worse than a middle infielder. it was beyond fucking stupid.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    technically, it was a trade. but yeah. and for a team that needed starting pitching worse than a middle infielder. it was beyond fucking stupid.
    It’s definitely turned out that way so far.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Pretty good data-based article on why the Braves thought Sale was worth taking a chance on.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/c...veteran-lefty/
    Like I have been saying about Sale for years - his issue isn’t talent…

The Braves could lose 20 in a row, go into sell mode, and give Sale back to the Red Sox and it wouldn't matter. On the flight back to Boston, turbulence would cause him to hit his head on the overhead rack, and he'd miss the entire second half with a concussion.

And the turbulence wouldn't even come from storms or angry birds -- just indigestion from a passenger sitting in front of Chris.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    The Braves could lose 20 in a row, go into sell mode, and give Sale back to the Red Sox and it wouldn't matter. On the flight back to Boston, turbulence would cause him to hit his head on the overhead rack, and he'd miss the entire second half with a concussion.

And the turbulence wouldn't even come from storms or angry birds -- just indigestion from a passenger sitting in front of Chris.
    Of course Sale wouldn’t get injured by Angry Birds. That’s more of a David Price thing…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Like I have been saying about Sale for years - his issue isn’t talent…
    No doubt, although even when pitching over the last 4 years, he rarely looked like vintage Sale.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No doubt, although even when pitching over the last 4 years, he rarely looked like vintage Sale.
    Or for most of 2019. That’s why this bounce back has only been predicted by pessimists and liars…

Deity

Or for most of 2019. That’s why this bounce back has only been predicted by pessimists and liars…
    Still spewing the same old crap. A change of scenery, a better team, good health, and bingo a CY type performance so far from Sale. It really wasn’t that hard to see that coming. It still puzzles, and bothers you for some reason, but then that’s not surprising at all.🙈🤭

Deity
    Still spewing the same old crap. A change of scenery, a better team, good health, and bingo a CY type performance so far from Sale. It really wasn’t that hard to see that coming. It still puzzles, and bothers you for some reason, but then that’s not surprising at all.����
    From a guy who said he didn’t mind seeing Sale go but thought the Sox overpaid to have him gone. Now see there nothing wrong with that particular criticism. But now you keep fabricating this “prediction” that it was easy to see Sale bouncing back. Just like you kept fabricating shit I said just so you could taunt me…

Deity
    From a guy who said he didn’t mind seeing Sale go but thought the Sox overpaid to have him gone. Now see there nothing wrong with that particular criticism. But now you keep fabricating this “prediction” that it was easy to see Sale bouncing back. Just like you kept fabricating shit I said just so you could taunt me…
    Taunt you? Wha, wha, wha. True I said I didn’t mind seeing Sale go, and I also said I didn’t like paying the Braves $17M, and I still don’t, and I also said I thought Sale would stay healthy, and have a good year with the Braves being a better team. All is true, and this has been gone over 100 times already. Once again post 333 has been mentioned more than once, so you can stick to your fabrication story all you want, and also your so called taunting. You know like BA, highlights, and box scores, and many more. The pot calling the kettle black. OMG.

Deity
    Taunt you? Wha, wha, wha. True I said I didn’t mind seeing Sale go, and I also said I didn’t like paying the Braves $17M, and I still don’t, and I also said I thought Sale would stay healthy, and have a good year with the Braves being a better team. All is true, and this has been gone over 100 times already. Once again post 333 has been mentioned more than once, so you can stick to your fabrication story all you want, and also your so called taunting. You know like BA, highlights, and box scores, and many more. The pot calling the kettle black. OMG.
    Post 333 mentions nothing of the sort and was a result of an argument between you and Hugh. If you’re going to be that guy who likes calling other peoples suggestions wrong, you really need to be more accurate about your own stuff.

Still think I was wrong for wanting Houck and Crawford extended?

Deity
    Post 333 mentions nothing of the sort and was a result of an argument between you and Hugh. If you’re going to be that guy who likes calling other peoples suggestions wrong, you really need to be more accurate about your own stuff.

Post 135 on the Red Sox Gio thread. Read it, and weep.

Deity

Post 135 on the Red Sox sign Gio thread. Fabrication MA.