Register now to remove this ad

Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Sale traded to Braves

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Another idiotic complaint that, because I called Frail Sale as many others did not only on here, but lots of other parts of Red Sox Nation as well I wasn’t allowed to say that I think Sale will stay healthy this year, and have a good year with a lot better team in Atlanta. Imagine that! As the people at PF say just when you think things can’t get anymore ridiculous on here someone outdoes someone else, and it goes to an even lower standard. From PF to the few, but not so proud. S A L U T E."

Where?

I know you don't get ho preferences, ideas and predictions work, but this is just commentary on other people reacting to you.

Look, if you want to call yourself a prophet as you repeatedly try to do, I'm fine with it if it will get you to shut the fuck up...
    You NUMB NUTS. I was reacting to someone who said I couldn’t say I thought Sale would be healthy, and have a good year this year, because I was told I couldn’t say that, because I didn’t say that when he was with the Red Sox, and called him Frail. I had already said I thought Sale would be healthy, and have a good year this year. I know you still can’t comprehend that, but that’s standard procedure, and status quo for you NNN.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    He literally had a nick name for him "frail sale"
    Another NN, because I literally didn’t have the nickname Frail Sale. I had just repeated that from the local Sports Talk radio that had been mentioned many times.

Deity
    He does credit some talking head for that, so it was not his concoction. But he used it enough...
    If you guys got out once in a while instead of just hanging out on here you probably would have heard it, before i brought it to talksox.Another example that lots goes on outside of talksox.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    You NUMB NUTS. I was reacting to someone who said I couldn’t say I thought Sale would be healthy, and have a good year this year, because I was told I couldn’t say that, because I didn’t say that when he was with the Red Sox, and called him Frail. I had already said I thought Sale would be healthy, and have a good year this year. I know you still can’t comprehend that, but that’s standard procedure, and status quo for you NNN.
    Post 232, from Old Red

"I was all for trading Sale, but just didn’t like still paying him $17M to do it, but I’m over it, so I’m fine with the trade, and will feel even better if Grissom works out."

Or would you like me to go back to post 165, where you question if Sale will pitch even a single inning?

Dude, it's ok to not have seen this Sale Resurgence. Not sure why people are so afraid to admit they didn't see it coming. I'm not even sure Atlanta PBO Alex Anthopolous saw this coming. Certainly Breslow didn't. Quite possible even Sale himself didn't.

If you look back through the thread, almost no one says Sale will bounce back and be great again. a700 does, albeit sarcastically. Why you need to insist now that you did it so you can proclaim yourself a soothsayer on some random internet forum is beyond me, Like most of us, giving up Sale was not something you had issues with. Heck, you overtly state multiple times you would prefer this deal go down with Henry keeping more money!!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Okay, pal. We will have to check back in a few years. But today is happening now. The present.
    The present is not what’s comprehended to much on here.

Deity
    If you guys got out once in a while instead of just hanging out on here you probably would have heard it, before i brought it to talksox.Another example that lots goes on outside of talksox.
    I don't listen to Boston AM radio. I live in Chicago...

Deity
    Post 232, from Old Red

"I was all for trading Sale, but just didn’t like still paying him $17M to do it, but I’m over it, so I’m fine with the trade, and will feel even better if Grissom works out."

Or would you like me to go back to post 165, where you question if Sale will pitch even a single inning?

Dude, it's ok to not have seen this Sale Resurgence. Not sure why people are so afraid to admit they didn't see it coming. I'm not even sure Atlanta PBO Alex Anthopolous saw this coming. Certainly Breslow didn't. Quite possible even Sale himself didn't.

If you look back through the thread, almost no one says Sale will bounce back and be great again. a700 does, albeit sarcastically. Why you need to insist now that you did it so you can proclaim yourself a soothsayer on some random internet forum is beyond me, Like most of us, giving up Sale was not something you had issues with. Heck, you overtly state multiple times you would prefer this deal go down with Henry keeping more money!!
    Numb Nuts rather I liked the trade, or not had nothing to do with saying having a change of scenery would be good for Sale, and that he would stay healthy, and have a good year for Atlanta. I’m not disputing I liked the trade when it happened although I NEVER did like paying the Braves $17M. Who said I said Sale would stay healthy on this thread. I wouldn’t have said what I did on 333 if I hadn’t said I thought Sale would stay healthy, and have a good year this year.

Deity
    I don't listen to Boston AM radio. I live in Chicago...
    I don’t listen to any Boston radio.

Deity
    I don’t listen to any Boston radio.
    Or whatever your local media source is.

Point being, I'm not going to hear it because I'm in the Midwest, where they don't talk much about Sale anymore, let alone give him catchy nicknames pertaining to his health...

Deity
    Numb Nuts rather I liked the trade, or not had nothing to do with saying having a change of scenery would be good for Sale, and that he would stay healthy, and have a good year for Atlanta. I’m not disputing I liked the trade when it happened although I NEVER did like paying the Braves $17M. Who said I said Sale would stay healthy on this thread. I wouldn’t have said what I did on 333 if I hadn’t said I thought Sale would stay healthy, and have a good year this year.
    Yeah post 333 was on the tale end of an argument you were having with Hugh about whether or not Atlanta would have taken even less money for Sale (post 284). As it came on the heels of the 2 year extension, there were people who believed Atlanta willingly extended Sale for no reason other than a strong belief he was clearly going to return to form. And not because they needed to get one done to get him to approve the trade...
    Last edited by notin; 06-28-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Deity
    Or whatever your local media source is.

Point being, I'm not going to hear it because I'm in the Midwest, where they don't talk much about Sale anymore, let alone give him catchy nicknames pertaining to his health...
    Frail Sale came from the oldest sports talk radio show in NE from Maine. Boston papers from the Globe, and the Herald to sports TV shows from Boston, and plenty of discussions at the local PF, bowling alley, and club gives me a wide range of info, opinions, predictions, and suggestions, which I’m just guessing is a lot more than you get, so when I say your little corner of talksox only gives you a very small sample size of what else is out there.

Deity
    Frail Sale came from the oldest sports talk radio show in NE from Maine. Boston papers from the Globe, and the Herald to sports TV shows from Boston, and plenty of discussions at the local PF, bowling alley, and club gives me a wide range of info, opinions, predictions, and suggestions, which I’m just guessing is a lot more than you get, so when I say your little corner of talksox only gives you a very small sample size of what else is out there.
    Yeah don't care for all that. I grew up in Boston, familiar with the media. Know how it works. Not sure what you're point is, other than you seem to think anything said on talksox is unique. It isn't. Metrics are all mainstream now. That's reality. Not everyone likes them, but they're not the ideology of some limited group. The only place they are ubiquitous is among MLB front offices, and even their usages vary...

Deity
    Yeah don't care for all that. I grew up in Boston, familiar with the media. Know how it works. Not sure what you're point is, other than you seem to think anything said on talksox is unique. It isn't. Metrics are all mainstream now. That's reality. Not everyone likes them, but they're not the ideology of some limited group. The only place they are ubiquitous is among MLB front offices, and even their usages vary...
    I don’t think the talk on here is unique, and I’ve learned lots of things on here, but what gets focused on here the majority of the time is just not nowhere as focused other places.

Deity
    I don’t think the talk on here is unique, and I’ve learned lots of things on here, but what gets focused on here the majority of the time is just not nowhere as focused other places.
    So?

There are maybe a couple dozen people on this one forum. All those other sources might have different foci, but they’re still foci. It doesn’t make anyone wrong or right…

People can have their own opinions. Their own beliefs. Their own ideologies. Their own preferences. Their own sources of information. And their own ideas of how to build a baseball team. But they should never let that replace what is the actual reality. And that often is what happens. Call it " context" , " spin" or whatever. But it does not change the reality. You can have a doctorate in physics or you can be a fourth grade arithmetic student, but two and two still makes four. And Chris Sale is a great pitcher, albeit an often injured one. Grissom is young , but is still an unproven prospect/suspect who is not close to being in Sale's league. And that is a reality.
    Old school is good school.