Register now to remove this ad

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Sale traded to Braves

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    1. Nice statistical crafting, making sure we count Sale’s 2019 in there. That way we can ignore that Glasgow’s 272 IP from 2020 to 2023 was nearly double Sale’s total over that period.

2. So do you now think past injuries are completely unrelated to future injuries? This isn’t a coin flip, where 10 heads in a row means nothing towards the outcome of the 11th flip.

Plenty of pitchers are having good years despite injury-plagued pasts. But after this season, should the Sox sign Luis Severino for 4-5 years? Or Max Fried for 7-10? Are you that confident with your 2 pitcher sample size that past injuries are potentially irrelevant?
    Sale is performing, and performing well right in front of your eyes, and out of the kindness of JH generosity the Red Sox are paying $17M to do it for another team. An easy prediction to make.🤫

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    You are such a NUMB Nuts,and it’s really pathetic. We’ve gone over this many times already, and it’s amazing that you mentioned post 15, but you conveniently left out post 333 where I mentioned exactly where I said I thought Sale would stay healthy' and have a BIG year for the Braves. I also mentioned on post 333 that I was told I couldn’t say I thought Sale would stay healthy, because I didn’t say that when he was with the Red Sox, and called him Frail. Post 333 NNN.

Post 333 was you complaining about other posters’ commentaries. You hint that they call you a hypocrite if you said Sale was healthy, but that comment itself is not in that post. Hey, show me where you said it.

Of course that would only further discredit you since you clearly stated you didn’t mind seeing Sale go. The argument “I’m happy to see Sake go because he’s going to bounce back” didn’t feel very fan like…

Deity
    Sale is performing, and performing well right in front of your eyes, and out of the kindness of JH generosity the Red Sox are paying $17M to do it for another team. An easy prediction to make.��
    Yeah but you never made it. I know you will pay yourself on the back until your arm breaks, but you blatantly said you were happy to see Sale go and only wished it had been done cheaper…

Folks who thought the Sale for Grissom trade was a good deal are not about to admit that they were wrong. That is just how it is. That's the way the world works.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    Yeah but you never made it. I know you will pay yourself on the back until your arm breaks, but you blatantly said you were happy to see Sale go and only wished it had been done cheaper…
    Post 333 NN.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Folks who thought the Sale for Grissom trade was a good deal are not about to admit that they were wrong. That is just how it is. That's the way the world works.
    Any time selloffs are mentioned with the anticipation of more Suspects/prospects being added it’s just Good Time Charlie to some.

Deity
    No one is saying it was a good trade. My only point is that it made sense at the time.

It is truly amazing to me how many people thought it was painfully obvious Sale was going to bounce back to 2018 levels and therefor this trade made no sense. Despite that many of these people also blasted Bloom for not dealing Sale at the end of 2021 when some unnamed team (probably Atlanta) was willing to take the whole contract but give the Sox no prospects in return...

Deity
    Post 333 NN.
    Yeah you never say Sale was going to be healthy and effective in that post...

Post 15 of this thread, Old Red said

“ I’m definitely not sad to see Sale get traded, but I don’t like paying $17M to do it.”

So now your story is you thought he was not only going to be healthy, but also to bounce back. Yet you still were not sad to see him go.

I suppose it’s nice to see you attributing your made up quotes to yourself now instead of making up quotes and attributing them to others…
    No one believes that, it's hilarious though.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

Deity

You can read into it anyway you want, but 333 was a response where I had already said that I thought Sale would stay healthy, and have a good year for the Braves. An easy prediction at the very least.🤫

Sale was under contract for 1 year. Grissom has 6 years of team contol. You can't possibly accurately value this trade right now. That's the way the world works.
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

He literally had a nick name for him "frail sale"

Deity
    He literally had a nick name for him "frail sale"
    He does credit some talking head for that, so it was not his concoction. But he used it enough...

Deity
    You can read into it anyway you want, but 333 was a response where I had already said that I thought Sale would stay healthy, and have a good year for the Braves. An easy prediction at the very least.��
    "Another idiotic complaint that, because I called Frail Sale as many others did not only on here, but lots of other parts of Red Sox Nation as well I wasn’t allowed to say that I think Sale will stay healthy this year, and have a good year with a lot better team in Atlanta. Imagine that! As the people at PF say just when you think things can’t get anymore ridiculous on here someone outdoes someone else, and it goes to an even lower standard. From PF to the few, but not so proud. S A L U T E."

Where?

I know you don't get ho preferences, ideas and predictions work, but this is just commentary on other people reacting to you.

Look, if you want to call yourself a prophet as you repeatedly try to do, I'm fine with it if it will get you to shut the fuck up...

Sale was under contract for 1 year. Grissom has 6 years of team contol. You can't possibly accurately value this trade right now. That's the way the world works.
    Okay, pal. We will have to check back in a few years. But today is happening now. The present.
    Old school is good school.