Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
It made total sense to me. The new CBO didn't need Theo's employee research firm to immediately move on from the past regime's biggest disappointment -- a guy another predecessor hitched the franchise wagon-train behind, but who couldn't take them anywhere with broken axles. No wishing or hoping or praying could repair the damage.

Sale's contract was welded onto the payroll, weighing it down, before Breslow convinced his boss to pay $17 million for an alien forklift to tractor beam the pitcher out of New England and deposit him in Atlanta.

(yes, these are mixed petit fours, and I recommend the lemon one with vanilla frosting)
Exactly.

But wow has this flopped.

The guy who was supposed to at a minimum, supply IP, is out for the year.

The guy they didn’t think could supply IP is not only supplying them, but is doing so with an efficiency we haven’t seen out of him since 2018. Even if the Sox kept Sale, I would have thought the 2019 version was best case scenario.

The hot prospect has been sick, injured, absent, and ineffective when he does show up.

And the guys the hot prospect was supposed to replace each showed they are capable of carrying the team for short stretches.

And those complete and utter lack of upgrades only cost the team about $7.5mill!!