Register now to remove this ad

Page 72 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1274

Thread: Chris Sale traded to Braves

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The rotation is extremely precarious right now. An injury to Pivetta could derail the season. That is why the Sox NEED to add at least one full time starter to the rotation.
    they really do. i'd be willing to trade the Braves say....$10 million and one Vaughn Grissom for LHP Chris Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's pretty incredible how good the pitching has been considering last year's numbers and the fact the only significant addition was immediately gone for the season. Bailey is doing one hell of a job.
    Pitching Coach of the Year. if there is such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I do: Grissom will hit a walk-off homer in Game Six of the World Series vs. Atlanta off Tanner Scott, but Sale -- the Braves' scheduled Game Seven starter -- will then take a pregame tumble upon arrival at Fenway, tripping over a cross-walk on Lansdowne Street, then getting bonked on his pitching elbow off a BP dinger by Bo Bichette.

Instead, the Braves will be forced to pitch a rookie who Boston has never seen before. Twenty-one Red Sox will strike out swinging at sweepers two-feet outside, but after a couple speedsters get on base via late-inning walks, Raffy will throw his bat at a lowball in the righty batter's box... and barrel the championship-winning hit off the Monster... with lucky, unrepeatable RBIs!

The ring-bearer will be the Incredible Houck, who, as a rookie, was referred to as a righthanded-Chris Sale. "I told you," said Sale.

i can totally see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    And that's the entire infrastructure from DSL up through BOS. It wasn't just adding one guy. They made some sweeping changes that could have bigger impact down the road.
    I see what you did there...

Does a single person actually believe Grissom’s sample size is big enough to know what kind of player he will end up being?

I realize that the 2023-2024 sample size is somewhat significant, but even so, nobody knows how good or bad he will be.

Granted, I am more concerned than I was in February, but the way DHam and Romy are playing, it is less of an issue.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Sale Improved to 12-3 last night. Only made it through 5.1 after throwing 100 pitches with 9K’s, and 2ER on 5 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Does a single person actually believe Grissom’s sample size is big enough to know what kind of player he will end up being?

I realize that the 2023-2024 sample size is somewhat significant, but even so, nobody knows how good or bad he will be.
    Yes, as mvp put it, he's an OK prospect. We have a number of those for middle infield. We also have Story and Mayer.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yes, as mvp put it, he's an OK prospect. We have a number of those for middle infield. We also have Story and Mayer.
    Throwing prospects at the wall and seeing which one sticks. A lot of the MIF prospects recently have had to move off position and/or haven't reached their potential. Eventually, one should work out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Granted, I am more concerned than I was in February, but the way DHam and Romy are playing, it is less of an issue.
    if he's such a middle of the road prospect then Breslow got fucked on this deal even worse than i thought.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think of it more like trading Bob Ojeda to the Mets. Ojeda had a terrific year there and was part of that team that beat Boston in the World Series.

Boston got Calvin Schiraldi and a few other non-descript spare parts…
    Yeah, that's a decent comp, I didn't like that trade either. And a few years prior to that they traded John Tudor for Mike Easler.

Generally speaking I don't like trading starting pitchers who have any credentials or potentials whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    if he's such a middle of the road prospect then Breslow got fucked on this deal even worse than i thought.
    It's oddly reminiscent of the Yoshida signing, i.e. scouts getting overexcited about certain skills and overlooking certain weaknesses...

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    What have you done for me lately alert: Masataka Yoshida last 7 games: .321/.387/.464
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    What have you done for me lately alert: Masataka Yoshida last 7 games: .321/.387/.464
    Last 5 games: 211/286/421

What has he done lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Last 5 games: 211/286/421

What has he done lately?
    Last game: .667/.800/1.000

What did he do last night?
    WAR is good for something.