Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
NN what is your excuse. I doubt you get out on the stump very often. You conveniently left out many different venues, publications, and a lot more, and different people than on here.It doesn’t even have to be a majority that what gets constantly discussed than on here.
And you seem to ignore that the way baseball gets talked about on here is not unique to this site. Go to any Sox forum on the internet, and there will be some people talking about metrics, etc. Also people talking about farm system and prospects. And absolutely some Old School stat folk.

There simply is not one common set of beliefs any more. For the past 30 years, I have been a loyal subscriber to Baseball Digest, which is definitely old school stuff. But I enjoy it. But I know there are dozens if not hundreds of other publications that delve deeper in to the math and the metrics. While that stuff is all good, true and (presumably) accurate, I don't read them as often. Because Baseball Digest is simply more fun to read...