Register now to remove this ad

Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1884

Thread: Red Sox ownership

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I just hate $16M for so few innings, but you are right. Forget the saves. I think his call to Cora to put him in in the 8th inning against the Yankees with the score 6-4, Sox, Yankees on 1st and 3d, and 2 outs sent a huge message to the team.
    I get it. It's just the market value for what he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Does this bother people?

Sometimes I think people want the Sox to spend more than they want the Sox to win…
    See above my lengthy piece on the Nationals and Phillies and the significance of Bryce Harper. We on Talksox may love a team of no-names, but they don't put butts in seats. Attendance is down from last year.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I get it. It's just the market value for what he does.
    It sure is, and for the life of me I can't figure out why he's so effective. He throws 2 pitches that are far from spectacular and maybe not even that different. But he has pretty good command and confidence he can get guys out. When Barnes was good in 2021, it was because he had a good 95 mph+ fastball and a great curve. When Koji Uehara was incredible in 2013, he had an awful fast ball (88 mph) and a terrific splitter and terrific control--and, just like Jansen, complete confidence he could get guys out.

See above my lengthy piece on the Nationals and Phillies and the significance of Bryce Harper. We on Talksox may love a team of no-names, but they don't put butts in seats. Attendance is down from last year.
    They don't have less names than last year though? They are still 5th of 15 in the AL. Attendance being down less than 800 people a game isn't that surprising coming off back to back 78 wins seasons and a team that was looking like .500 at best. About the same attendance as 2022 when they still had Xander and some other stars.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Names? No names? I want wins.

I’d much rather have a team of dirt cheap no-name winners than overpaid, famous, big name losers. I guess I’m in the minority there.

I’m starting to wonder if most baseball “fans” really like the sport. Or do they just like watching rich people spend lots and lots of money needlessly…

Deity
    They don't have less names than last year though? They are still 5th of 15 in the AL. Attendance being down less than 800 people a game isn't that surprising coming off back to back 78 wins seasons and a team that was looking like .500 at best. About the same attendance as 2022 when they still had Xander and some other stars.
    The attendance might stay up there, but I think more, and more of the visiting fans are filling up the park more so than Red Sox fans. Either way it’s money in JH pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Names? No names? I want wins.

I’d much rather have a team of dirt cheap no-name winners than overpaid, famous, big name losers. I guess I’m in the minority there.

I’m starting to wonder if most baseball “fans” really like the sport. Or do they just like watching rich people spend lots and lots of money needlessly…
    Yes, you are the only fan who enjoys watching cheaper guys play well.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

The attendance might stay up there, but I think more, and more of the visiting fans are filling up the park more so than Red Sox fans. Either way it’s money in JH pockets.
    Hard to say for sure as there isn't any specific data tracking it. It definitely seems like there is more of a visiting fanbase at Fenway now. Local crowd seems a lot quieter too.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Hey according to the data, it puts me in the minority…

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Expensive guys playing poorly is my kink.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Hard to say for sure as there isn't any specific data tracking it. It definitely seems like there is more of a visiting fanbase at Fenway now. Local crowd seems a lot quieter too.
    It’s not like except for the last home stand the Red Sox have played that well at Fenway either.

Just win, baby!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Expensive guys playing poorly is my kink.
    Do you have an inflatable Anthony Rendon doll?

It’s not like except for the last home stand the Red Sox have played that well at Fenway either.
    I'm not sure home W/L % plays a part in it. Most fans aren't paying attention to that.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    I'm not sure home W/L % plays a part in it. Most fans aren't paying attention to that.
    I was referring to the local crowd being quiet.