Register now to remove this ad

Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1899

Thread: Red Sox ownership

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It's revenue they earn, typically leasing or rent.
    But they rent from themselves, so money made by the real estate side is paid by the operations side of the ledger, right?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    so...the tax hit from 2034-43 is going to be $68M per year?
    No, his tax hit is 46M per year through 2033. The cash paid out is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    But they rent from themselves, so money made by the real estate side is paid by the operations side of the ledger, right?
    No, they own a bunch of real estate around the stadium that they rent to unrelated third parties that goes into the valuation of the Sox and the money the team earns. It has nothing to do with the Sox renting Fenway to themselves.
    I get MV Pee.

No, his tax hit is 46M per year through 2033. The cash paid out is different.
    ok, i understand now. thanks.

The estimate on SoxProspects is higher than Cots ($208) or Spotrac ($219). The "other costs" are much higher than elsewhere which minimize the amount under the CBT.
    With their new alliance with Red Sox Payroll, I have a high degree of confidence in their numbers. It's kind of amazing that no one can seemingly get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    New Prediction. The Sox will make a major starting pitching acquisition in the 2023/24 offseason.

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/mlb/...l-team/619510/

Here's news many Red Sox fans won't want to hear: John Henry has no plans to sell the team.

Some other highlights:

Henry held firm on the club's decision to avoid spending heavily in free agency and suggested the fans hold unrealistic expectations.

"Because fans expect championships almost annually," he said, "they easily become frustrated and are not going to buy into what the odds actually are: one in 20 or one in 30."

He thought the reaction to chairman Tom Werner's comments about going "full throttle" this winter were overblown, but he also seemed to misunderstand fan anger over the state of the big league club.

"(Werner's comments) overshadowed every other word, paragraph and interview of the winter because it reaches so deeply into the false belief that many fans and media have that you should mortgage the future each year for the present," he said. "You have to base acquisitions and dispositions on the future, not the past. That is unpopular generally."

Henry reiterated a point he has made in the past about his reticence to address fan and media concerns directly.

"I don't think people in my position can win publicly -- your words are often used against you -- so the less I say I generally think the better," he said.

World Series odds are NOT 1 in 20 let alone 1 in 30. C'mon man!
    I get MV Pee.

https://www.nbcsportsboston.com/mlb/...l-team/619510/

Here's news many Red Sox fans won't want to hear: John Henry has no plans to sell the team.

Some other highlights:

Henry held firm on the club's decision to avoid spending heavily in free agency and suggested the fans hold unrealistic expectations.

"Because fans expect championships almost annually," he said, "they easily become frustrated and are not going to buy into what the odds actually are: one in 20 or one in 30."

He thought the reaction to chairman Tom Werner's comments about going "full throttle" this winter were overblown, but he also seemed to misunderstand fan anger over the state of the big league club.

"(Werner's comments) overshadowed every other word, paragraph and interview of the winter because it reaches so deeply into the false belief that many fans and media have that you should mortgage the future each year for the present," he said. "You have to base acquisitions and dispositions on the future, not the past. That is unpopular generally."

Henry reiterated a point he has made in the past about his reticence to address fan and media concerns directly.

"I don't think people in my position can win publicly -- your words are often used against you -- so the less I say I generally think the better," he said.

World Series odds are NOT 1 in 20 let alone 1 in 30. C'mon man!
    It's not even 1 in 100.

These guys really overestimate how good the current team is.

I get the talk about fans not valuing the future, but 20 to 30 to 1 is way off base.

It's not even 1 in 100.

I get the talk about fans not valuing the future, but 20 to 30 to 1 is way off base.
    His 1 in 30 metric comes from 1 out of 30 MLB teams I think! That's why there's a 1 in 30 chance.
    I get MV Pee.

His 1 in 30 metric comes from 1 out of 30 MLB teams I think! That's why there's a 1 in 30 chance.
    I thought of that, too, but then throwin in the 20:1 made me think he felt even 30:1 was for real "odds."

I thought of that, too, but then throwin in the 20:1 made me think he felt even 30:1 was for real "odds."
    I figured he was throwing out the bottom third of teams that realistically have no chance (Rockies, White Sox, A’s, etc).
    I get MV Pee.

I figured he was throwing out the bottom third of teams that realistically have no chance (Rockies, White Sox, A’s, etc).
    I guy mof his stature should know how to talk.

Deity

I figured he just said 1 in 30 because there’s 30 teams and he thinks they all have an equal chance…

Deity
    It's not even 1 in 100.

I think that portion of his comments of getting far more attention that it deserves, when the rest of the commentary is far more informative, and not in a “good news” way…

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think that portion of his comments of getting far more attention that it deserves, when the rest of the commentary is far more informative, and not in a “good news” way…
    It may not be good news but it does represent the consensus of what most serious fans have been thinking about Henry's point of view for the last few years. No surprises for me.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Nothing surprised me.

The only thing that raised aqn eyebrow was the 1 in 20 and 30 comment.