Register now to remove this ad

Page 131 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2093

Thread: Craig Breslow hired as Head Of Baseball Operations

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I butt dialed Ben while he was signing more guys to the degenPirates.
    Admit it. You had your hand in Chavis for Davis...

Deity
    Henry is forcing BOH to collect recycling and drive to Michigan to get the additional 5 cents.
    Off topic, but I always wondered if people outside of New England and Michigan even understood that episode. It was so regional...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Admit it. You had your hand in Chavis for Davis...
    I thought we were just coming up with a fun little rhyming game whilst imbibing on Whistle Pig. That scoundrel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    I thought we were just coming up with a fun little rhyming game whilst imbibing on Whistle Pig. That scoundrel!
    No, but that might be what Bloom was doing...

Off topic, but I always wondered if people outside of New England and Michigan even understood that episode. It was so regional...
    IDK, but it's a top 5 episode for me because of it. I don't go back and watch reruns or Peacock or anything, but that was great from what I remember.
    I get MV Pee.

No, but that might be what Bloom was doing...
    Yeah, we needed a CBO whose drink of choice wasn't bourbon. Maybe Redbull and vodka?
    I get MV Pee.

Breslow spoke on the @BNightengale report about the Red Sox being determined to deal Kenley Jansen:

“I don’t actually know where that came from… I would not say anything with certainty right now. We’ve got plenty of baseball left.”
    I get MV Pee.

Breslow spoke on the @BNightengale report about the Red Sox being determined to deal Kenley Jansen:

“I don’t actually know where that came from… I would not say anything with certainty right now. We’ve got plenty of baseball left.”
    That's our boy!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    That's our boy!
    @OverTheMonster
    Craig Breslow Vows to Pick a Lane at Trade Deadline

In each of the past two seasons, the Red Sox approached the trade deadline with records that were more or less right around .500. This led to some confusing moves by former chief Chaim Bloom, who seemed to struggle with the choice to either push for the postseason or build for the future. This year, the Sox will likely again be right around .500, but new chief Craig Breslow hopes to avoid the muddy path that Bloom took, saying that, while they haven’t yet decided on what path they’ll take, the Sox plan to “pick a lane” this time.
    I get MV Pee.

@OverTheMonster

In each of the past two seasons, the Red Sox approached the trade deadline with records that were more or less right around .500. This led to some confusing moves by former chief Chaim Bloom, who seemed to struggle with the choice to either push for the postseason or build for the future. This year, the Sox will likely again be right around .500, but new chief Craig Breslow hopes to avoid the muddy path that Bloom took, saying that, while they haven’t yet decided on what path they’ll take, the Sox plan to “pick a lane” this time.
    Aye, we'll be holding ye to that, laddie.

@OverTheMonster

Passing lane or breakdown lane?

Deity
    And with the 12th pick in the 2024 HOBO draft the the Boston Red Sox where anyone would want to be according to Sam select Brez for Prez.

And with the 12th pick in the 2024 HOBO draft the the Boston Red Sox where anyone would want to be according to Sam select Brez for Prez.
    That's pretty good.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    That's pretty good.
    I don’t know who the Red Sox had their sights on, and who they would have picked if everyone hadn’t said no to an interview, but who knows maybe Brez will turn out better after all. Bloom set a low, low bar though.

Deity
    I don’t know who the Red Sox had their sights on, and who they would have picked if everyone hadn’t said no to an interview, but who knows maybe Brez will turn out better after all. Bloom set a low, low bar though.
    Chaim Bloom wasn't the right guy, but I'm not sure anyone could fit into the procrustean bed created by John Henry's reaction to the 2019 season.

And we still don't know what he's thinking. What we do know right now is that Craig Breslow made his own stupid deals of bringing in Giolito, who will be paid $38M for one season, provided he can actually pitch next season, giving up Sale to the Braves while also paying $17M of his salary while he is now the ace on their staff, getting Grissom, who so far is gruesome, etc.

Nevertheless, I think Breslow was smart to take the job because right now I think he and the Sox are in a very good position.

Yes, way too much of the $182M payroll has been wasted on weak or non-performers: Story, Giolito, Sale (pitching for Atlanta), Yoshida, Whitlock, Turner, et al.

But the relatively new and extremely low cost guys like Duran, Abreu, Wong, Hamilton, Rafaela, Casas (well, except for the injury), Houck, Crawford, Bernardino, and Slaten have made it possible for the Sox to look downright competitive--and even more so when Abreu and Casas get off the IL, hopefully in the next 2 weeks. Plus more talent--we hope they are MLB talent--is waiting in the wings.

Right now there is the very real possibility the Sox will want to compete this season. Better still, the team as is ain't that bad, except for the defense. And, frankly, as bad as it has been, I don't care that much as long as those same guys are getting hits and scoring freaking runs. Taking 4 out of 6 games against the 2 best won-lost records in MLB ain't too shabby, nosiree.

Assuming the Sox are still in the hunt a month from now, Breslow can make a deal to improve their chances, but he doesn't necessarily have to. He should only make a deal that is smart.