Register now to remove this ad

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140
Results 2,086 to 2,093 of 2093

Thread: Craig Breslow hired as Head Of Baseball Operations

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm not sure why this has become a flashpoint discussion, and my stubbornness is surely part of the reason for that, but I'm a bit surprised that posters who seemed most critical of Yoshida seem to have the biggest problem with my opinion that he has not earned a slot in the line-up just yet, or that ref has not "earned" a change in his role.
    How is he supposed to "earn" it? Like I said, he had a 110 OPS+ last year in his first season. That makes him a little closer to an established MLB hitter than the other guys we're talking about. Plus he's had injury issues this year.

It's pretty hard to earn anything when you're not in the lineup.

I think Cora is a master at juggling all the lineup conundrums and giving everyone a fair shot.

If Yoshida doesn't start to produce, at some point he will get squeezed out. But that time isn't here yet.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

As for the "flashpoint" thing, moon, that's basically one of the consequences of averaging 10,000 posts a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    As for the "flashpoint" thing, moon, that's basically one of the consequences of averaging 10,000 posts a year.
    Dude is lapping each and everyone of us every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

How is he supposed to "earn" it?
    He can start here and there, PH some or wait until someone doing well declines some (more.)

I've never said he should not play or never start.To me, it's also about benching players that are doing well more than Yoshi. (It wasn't long ago, I was trying to talk you off the ledge on Yoshi, so it's not like I'm a longtime Yoshi critic.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

No doubt, my OCD kicks in, often on this site. Not making excuses, but I don't have many people around me who like to talk Sox with, so I come here and weigh in on just about anything and everything.

Thank you for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    He can start here and there, PH some or wait until someone doing well declines some (more.)

I've never said he should not play or never start.To me, it's also about benching players that are doing well more than Yoshi. (It wasn't long ago, I was trying to talk you off the ledge on Yoshi, so it's not like I'm a longtime Yoshi critic.)
    You've never had to talk me off any ledges about Yoshida. It was a terrible signing, I haven't changed my position on that one iota. As I've said, he's a sunk cost.

Cora doesn't bench anyone, that's the point. He manages to get everyone AB's. If a guy does badly for an extended period like Cooper, he's gone.

You can't make out the lineup card every game based on who's been hot over the last few games, that would be nonsensical.

With the number of AB's Yoshida has, 2 good games and his OPS would jump 50 points or more.

You've never had to talk me off any ledges about Yoshida. It was a terrible signing, I haven't changed my position on that one iota. As I've said, he's a sunk cost.

Cora doesn't bench anyone, that's the point. He manages to get everyone AB's. If a guy does badly for an extended period like Cooper, he's gone.

You can't make out the lineup card every game based on who's been hot over the last few games, that would be nonsensical.

With the number of AB's Yoshida has, 2 good games and his OPS would jump 50 points or more.
    CIN is the best MLB park for LHB to hit dingers. Maybe he can get going here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

My opinion is not based on Yoshida’s SSS in 2024. It’s based on others doing better and some on how Yoshida ended 2023. I think the league figured him out and he has yet to make the right adjustment.

I don’t think he should be the FT DH or even 75%. I think Cora will start him 60-75% or more.