Register now to remove this ad

Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2093

Thread: Craig Breslow hired as Head Of Baseball Operations

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    It’s already been said by more than one other poster on here that Cora plays everyone on the roster good, or bad like Bobby D.
    I couldn't care less what you or other posters say about what you think Cora will do. Not even Cora knows what he will do, as he is tied by directives from upper management. For someone who loves to call other people out on being wrong, at least make a semblance of an effort to formulate opinions based on how things actually work. We're not reinventing the wheel here.
    WAR is good for something.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipre View Post
    How do you know what Cora will or won't do? Are you like his wife's tennis coach or something?
    It’s already been said on here by 3 posters that Cora plays everyone on the 26 so I think it’s pretty well known what Cora will do. Good, or bad like Bobby D.

Deity
    I couldn't care less what you or other posters say about what you think Cora will do. Not even Cora knows what he will do, as he is tied by directives from upper management. For someone who loves to call other people out on being wrong, at least make a semblance of an effort to formulate opinions based on how things actually work. We're not reinventing the wheel here.
    It’s a pretty dumb question to ask on how people know what Cora will do when others had already answered it for you, and something he’s done since he’s been a Red Sox manager. It’s not a secret by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    It’s a pretty dumb question to ask on how people know what Cora will do when others had already answered it for you, and something he’s done since he’s been a Red Sox manager. It’s not a secret by any means.
    I'm actively getting dumber by engaging in this argument with you, so I'll bow out. Just know that what you're saying is bad, and you should feel bad.

Deity
    I'm actively getting dumber by engaging in this argument with you, so I'll bow out. Just know that what you're saying is bad, and you should feel bad.
    You are right about 1 thing it was dumb for you to get involved. MOOn, and Max had already said the same thing that Cora plays everyone on the roster. You added nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    I’ll disagree that Dipre added nothing, but even if one stipulates that is true, zero is more than you contributed.
    We should stop humoring him. On a brighter note:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/red-soxs-wilyer-abreu-activation-possible-this-weekend/

Yeah, that’s why I deleted the post you responded to; he’s not worth it.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

He still thinks I want Yoshi DFA'd, despite me saying every time, I do not.

Words have totally different meanings to him. Some, very simple words, too.

It's impossible.

The other thing is, he keeps saying "ignore the man behind the curtain," but can't take his own advice and is obsessed with tearing down anything I say.

Kinda sad, really.

Now, cue form him... "But, but, but, he said he wasn't going to say anything about poor ole me, again, and he just did..."
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Yeah, that’s why I deleted the post you responded to; he’s not worth it.
    I'm kinda surprised he's not watching golf and is still posting, since we have been winning, recently.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm kinda surprised he's not watching golf and is still posting, since we have been winning, recently.
    BIG DAY in Boston today. Duck Boats, and the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS PARADE. Now that will be FUN, FUN, FUN, and more FUN. 👍👍👍

Deity
    He still thinks I want Yoshi DFA'd, despite me saying every time, I do not.

Words have totally different meanings to him. Some, very simple words, too.

It's impossible.

The other thing is, he keeps saying "ignore the man behind the curtain," but can't take his own advice and is obsessed with tearing down anything I say.

Kinda sad, really.

Now, cue form him... "But, but, but, he said he wasn't going to say anything about poor ole me, again, and he just did..."
    You are a BIGGER PHONY, and a FRAUD then the man behind the curtain. Once again not a gift, but a curse.Mr. WRONG, Mr. WRONG they keep playing your song. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat.

I'm not for DFA'ing Yoshida, just yet. I'd like to see us try to trade him and offer a chunk of money with it.

If Brez puts anyone on the 26, Cora will play them, and sometimes maybe, too much.

It's weird how some who seemed so anti-Yoshi now want him starting over players doing much better than him.

I think it's pretty simple. Cora will get everyone at-bats, and the guys who keep hitting will get more of them.

Yoshida had a 110 OPS+ in his first MLB season, so I don't see writing him off just yet. Doesn't mean it was a good signing.

The most obvious odd man out right now is Grissom.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I think it's pretty simple. Cora will get everyone at-bats, and the guys who keep hitting will get more of them.

Yoshida had a 110 OPS+ in his first MLB season, so I don't see writing him off just yet. Doesn't mean it was a good signing.

I still have faith in Yoshida because you can't teach the type of plate discipline and swing decisions that guy can make when right. But so far he hasn't been up to snuff.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

Bloom had a plan that signing the $100M man NOshida/Yoshida for 5 years would be a big part of the future going forward just as he did signing Story Land for 6 years. Remember also he supposedly wanted Bogey back too. Blueprints for success?

I still have faith in Yoshida because you can't teach the type of plate discipline and swing decisions that guy can make when right. But so far he hasn't been up to snuff.
    Right.

moon wants everything to be a little too simple - just keep playing the 'hot hands' until they cool off, and since Yoshida isn't hot, bench him or get him out of a Red Sox uniform altogether.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.