Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2023-2024 offseason

Hybrid View

Yankees 2023-2024 offseason

What a giant bag of shit that season was.

Our rotation was gonna be nails.
    Cole held up his end as the odds on favorite to win the CY
    Rodon couldn't stay healthy and when he feigned health, he was abysmal
    Severino was hurt, then pitched like shit, then got hurt, then came back pretty solid then got hurt
    Montas was hurt all of but game
    Schmidt was solid until his innings caught up with him and he tired out
    Cortes wasn't himself, got hurt, looked good for a start then got hurt again
    German relapsed on alcohol when he realized his offense wouldn't support him
    Brito was ok as an 8th starter
    King was moved into the rotation and has a good shot at starting there next year

The pen was good. It is looking to lose Wandy but we should get Effross back and a few other additions

The offense. Man, it was offensive. There were bright spots. Torres had an OPS over .800 for the first time since his 2nd year. Judge was awesome when he was on the field. Higgy wasn't bad offensively for a catcher.

But the rest was abysmal. It was so bad that hot shot rookie Jasson Dominguez's UCL committed suicide after it became acutely aware that the 20 yr old rookie would have to carry the team
    Where to go from here. Well, the ghost of Josh Donaldson's past is gone. We let Bader go for nothing and he did what he does best, get hurt. Rizzo got concussed but it took a month for him to figure that out. We still have the corpses of DJ Lemahieu and Giancarlo Stanton under contract until I can apply for AARP. Money will have to be infused for sure

C- Trevino. I would re-sign Higgy as well. You can do worse, you can do better, but just keep the two together for now
    1B- Wells or Rizzo. Wells was good in his final week after starting slow. Rizzo, if right, is perfect for this park. Gotta make sure he is right, though
    2B- Torres- he ain't great, but he is our second best hitter, so keep him I guess
    SS- Volpe will improve, especially if they get rid of the HR first swing. Kid just needs to make contact and his speed will easily hit .290.
    3B- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT. Lemahieu is dead. Peraza is a good prospect, but even his highest projection offensively is not a 3b.
    LF- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT. Oswaldo Cabrera may just have had a bad second season or he may have been found out. Who knows, but bring in someone who can hit. Pereira was rushed and needs time in AAA
    CF- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT on a shorter term deal or can slate over to LF when the new LFer leaves via FA or dies or whatever so Dominguez can take his rightful place
    RF- Judge- best hitter in the game when he is available
    DH- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT. If we pencil Gian-fucko into the lineup on day 1, I will vomit. He is a platoon split lefty killer who acts blind when a righty pitches.

We need Rizzo to not be concussed and 4 offensive additions, plus probably one pen addition and a #2 (Yamamoto) to pair with Cole until Rodon realizes he has an arm or Nestor remembers he used to be Nasty.

No clue who is out there. We will likely need to make some trades. Maybe Hal allows for a massive spending spree. Either way, what a fucking deflating year, especially since my son finally got into the game and he had to watch this shitstain team play night in and night out
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    What a giant bag of shit that season was.

Our rotation was gonna be nails.
    Cole held up his end as the odds on favorite to win the CY
    Rodon couldn't stay healthy and when he feigned health, he was abysmal
    Severino was hurt, then pitched like shit, then got hurt, then came back pretty solid then got hurt
    Montas was hurt all of but game
    Schmidt was solid until his innings caught up with him and he tired out
    Cortes wasn't himself, got hurt, looked good for a start then got hurt again
    German relapsed on alcohol when he realized his offense wouldn't support him
    Brito was ok as an 8th starter
    King was moved into the rotation and has a good shot at starting there next year

The pen was good. It is looking to lose Wandy but we should get Effross back and a few other additions

The offense. Man, it was offensive. There were bright spots. Torres had an OPS over .800 for the first time since his 2nd year. Judge was awesome when he was on the field. Higgy wasn't bad offensively for a catcher.

But the rest was abysmal. It was so bad that hot shot rookie Jasson Dominguez's UCL committed suicide after it became acutely aware that the 20 yr old rookie would have to carry the team
    Where to go from here. Well, the ghost of Josh Donaldson's past is gone. We let Bader go for nothing and he did what he does best, get hurt. Rizzo got concussed but it took a month for him to figure that out. We still have the corpses of DJ Lemahieu and Giancarlo Stanton under contract until I can apply for AARP. Money will have to be infused for sure

C- Trevino. I would re-sign Higgy as well. You can do worse, you can do better, but just keep the two together for now
    1B- Wells or Rizzo. Wells was good in his final week after starting slow. Rizzo, if right, is perfect for this park. Gotta make sure he is right, though
    2B- Torres- he ain't great, but he is our second best hitter, so keep him I guess
    SS- Volpe will improve, especially if they get rid of the HR first swing. Kid just needs to make contact and his speed will easily hit .290.
    3B- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT. Lemahieu is dead. Peraza is a good prospect, but even his highest projection offensively is not a 3b.
    LF- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT. Oswaldo Cabrera may just have had a bad second season or he may have been found out. Who knows, but bring in someone who can hit. Pereira was rushed and needs time in AAA
    CF- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT on a shorter term deal or can slate over to LF when the new LFer leaves via FA or dies or whatever so Dominguez can take his rightful place
    RF- Judge- best hitter in the game when he is available
    DH- SOMEONE WHO CAN HIT. If we pencil Gian-fucko into the lineup on day 1, I will vomit. He is a platoon split lefty killer who acts blind when a righty pitches.

We need Rizzo to not be concussed and 4 offensive additions, plus probably one pen addition and a #2 (Yamamoto) to pair with Cole until Rodon realizes he has an arm or Nestor remembers he used to be Nasty.

No clue who is out there. We will likely need to make some trades. Maybe Hal allows for a massive spending spree. Either way, what a fucking deflating year, especially since my son finally got into the game and he had to watch this shitstain team play night in and night out
    That's a long list.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. You have the best hitter in the game. You have the best starting pitcher in the game. You have to do something until they become corpses too.

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. You have the best hitter in the game. You have the best starting pitcher in the game. You have to do something until they become corpses too.
    Is this a Braves thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    I don’t think I’m going out on a weak limb when I state that there is zero chance Stanton and his 4 year $118 remaining contract will not be limited to a weak side platoon role at DH…

Maybe, or maybe Hal decides to be the best of the AL again. When you have the best pitcher and best hitter in the game plus a lights out pen and a pretty solid MLB ready farm, you should do something with it. If you are ever gonna push the chips in, you do it when you have the MVP favorite and the CY favorite in their primes.
    Hal sucks

Maybe, or maybe Hal decides to be the best of the AL again. When you have the best pitcher and best hitter in the game plus a lights out pen and a pretty solid MLB ready farm, you should do something with it. If you are ever gonna push the chips in, you do it when you have the MVP favorite and the CY favorite in their primes.
    You have too many holes and too many deadweight contracts.

It would take a massive over-the-tax-line winter to get back to being a serious contender.

Two guys aren't nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    You have too many holes and too many deadweight contracts.

It would take a massive over-the-tax-line winter to get back to being a serious contender.

Two guys aren't nearly enough.
    Mind you, if it was our roster, we'd be dreaming of bouncebacks from Rodon, Cortes, Stanton, Rizzo and LeMahieu...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Mind you, if it was our roster, we'd be dreaming of bouncebacks from Rodon, Cortes, Stanton, Rizzo and LeMahieu...
    Empty dreams.

Rodon and Cortes can. The others are only getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Empty dreams.

Rodon and Cortes can. The others are only getting older.
    Rodon and Cortes should, if they can stay healthy. The others need to be selectively deployed and cannot be relied upon as regulars to show any sort of improvement, thus limiting their effectiveness
    Hal sucks

I think the Yankees will try to make a major acquisition through trade or free agency. They may have to settle for a guy like Bellinger. Rodon has a live arm, but health and attitude concerns. They will probably be in on Yamamoto. I think they are stuck with Stanton. He has become gun shy and has trouble standing in against hard throwing righties. A lot depends on how well their young guys do. All in all, you can never count them out.
    Old school is good school.

Hal says major changes are on the horizon after their end of year meetings….that he didn’t attend…..and no changes were made

Hal says major changes are on the horizon after their end of year meetings….that he didn’t attend…..and no changes were made
    Lot's of hot air coming from the Yankee and Sox talking heads.

The major changes were getting rid of a hitting instructor they had for only half a season.

"Don't. Stop. Me. Now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The major changes were getting rid of a hitting instructor they had for only half a season.

"Don't. Stop. Me. Now."
    Don't call it a comeback
    Hal sucks