Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2023-2024 offseason

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Maybe he's referring to Bauer only being able to get a job overseas last year.
    I think there’sa difference between going overseas to rebuild value and being exiled overseas. Miles Mikolas is one and Yasiel Puig is the other.

Bauer was exiled but might get a reprieve if his story is true. If German spends a year on the Chunichi Dragons, he still has the same baggage a year later.

Either teams ignore it or exile him. Ignoring his baggage next year changes nothing…

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Not really unexpected, but still. German has some real talent.
    Some real alcoholic and women beating talent…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Some real alcoholic and women beating talent…
    He isn’t a terrible pitcher. Just a terrible human being…

@MaxTGoodman
    Hal Steinbrenner: "I do believe that a team shouldn't need a $300 million payroll. The Rangers didn't, the Astros didn't. What you need is a good mix of veteran players and young players. We're going to get a bit younger."
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

@MaxTGoodman

Hal Steinbrenner: "We did not get to where we needed to be with run production last year. It was probably our biggest problem."

Hiring a new hitting coach and focusing on fixing the #Yankees' offense will be a focus this winter.

Asked to provide more specifics on what could change this winter, Hal Steinbrenner brought up bunting and how it's becoming a bigger part of the game again.

"Aaron Boone doesn't think that the #Yankees are teaching players to bunt enough within player development."
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @MaxTGoodman

Hal Steinbrenner: "We did not get to where we needed to be with run production last year. It was probably our biggest problem."

Hiring a new hitting coach and focusing on fixing the #Yankees' offense will be a focus this winter.

Asked to provide more specifics on what could change this winter, Hal Steinbrenner brought up bunting and how it's becoming a bigger part of the game again.

"Aaron Boone doesn't think that the #Yankees are teaching players to bunt enough within player development."
    We thought our front office was a joke. This is hilarious!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    So the off-season plan for the Yankees is to sign Ohtani and trade for Juan Soto… and then make them bunt more?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So the off-season plan for the Yankees is to sign Ohtani and trade for Juan Soto… and then make them bunt more?
    I hope they never change their top decision makers.

Yes, what we need is bunting. Nail hit right on the fucking head. SMH
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Yes, what we need is bunting. Nail hit right on the fucking head. SMH
    Start with teaching Judge how to bunt!

LOL!

Deity
    Start with teaching Judge how to bunt!

LOL!
    Reminds me of a funny story I read in some baseball book in my youth (and may have told before) and seen in several sources since

Back in 1933, Dodger second baseman Fresno Thompson was pushed into a starring role at third base due to a glut of injuries in a game against the Cardinals. Hall of Famer Chick Hafey, a notorious pull hitter, came up and ripped a hard line drive to third that cracked Thompson in the knee (or shin in some versions) and deflected into left field for a double.

The next time Hafey came up, Thompson positioned himself in shallow left field. Hafey overlooked the situation and dropped a bunt down the third base line on the first pitch.

After the inning, Thompson returned to the dugout and sought out the batboy. Fresco confronted him and asked him if he had a dime. Upon being assured he had one, Thompson instructed him “go to the concession stand and get an ice cream, preferably strawberry, and deliver it to Chick Hafey with my compliments.

“And be sure to tell him if he bunts again, he’ll get another one.”
    Last edited by notin; 11-11-2023 at 04:56 PM.

So Cash made some comments about Stanton being injury-prone (obviously true), but Stanton’s agent, Joel Wolfe, was a bit displeased. Wolfe said:

“I think it’s a good reminder for all free agents considering signing in New York both foreign and domestic that to play for that team you’ve got to be made of Teflon, both mentally and physically because you can never let your guard down even in the offseason.”

The kicker is that Wolfe is also Yamamoto's agent.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

So Cash made some comments about Stanton being injury-prone (obviously true), but Stanton’s agent, Joel Wolfe, was a bit displeased. Wolfe said:

“I think it’s a good reminder for all free agents considering signing in New York both foreign and domestic that to play for that team you’ve got to be made of Teflon, both mentally and physically because you can never let your guard down even in the offseason.”

The kicker is that Wolfe is also Yamamoto's agent.
    It will have no effect on the Yama negotiations. If the Yanks offer the most, he's as good a Yankee.

I'm hoping the Yanks get Ohtani.

It will have no effect on the Yama negotiations. If the Yanks offer the most, he's as good a Yankee.

I'm hoping the Yanks get Ohtani.
    If it's all about the money, Mr. Dismissive , why did Ohtani sign with the Angels? Do you know that they made the highest bid?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

If it's all about the money, Mr. Dismissive , why did Ohtani sign with the Angels? Do you know that they made the highest bid?
    Almost every time, it's the highest bid, and the player says that team "showed him the most respect."

A few times, it's about location, but money still plays a major role in the choice.