Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 8/18 @ Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I must say that these new rules do seem to favor the hitters, who can simply step out of the box just about any old time they want to and with the complete support of the ump. Meanwhile, the pitchers are held to the 22 seconds--which I'm very much in favor of--and limited to the number pickoff attempts, etc.

The old fart Turner is getting interviewed. Great!! He has been a godsend this season, plus at, what, 39, you know he's loving it.
    Hitters cannot step out anytime they want. They only have 1 time out to call. Otherwise if they step out they need to be in the box in a certain time or else there's a violation

For a lot of you this is not great news. It appears the the Dodgers/SOX game on Aug 25th will also be televised on Apple+.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    For a lot of you this is not great news. It appears the the Dodgers/SOX game on Aug 25th will also be televised on Apple+.
    FFS.
    MLB should refund their subscribers certain amount per game or lower the price moving forward. Fucking garbage. You need like 6 subscriptions to watch TV now.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    FFS.
    MLB should refund their subscribers certain amount per game or lower the price moving forward. Fucking garbage. You need like 6 subscriptions to watch TV now.
    Agree completely. Also appreciate the correction on my comment about batters stepping out of the box. That said, it sure looks as though the batters are more in control than the pitchers.

I happen to have that apple tv subscription, but tonight it was a huge pain getting the game anyway.

Don't forget that I also cannot watch--live, anyway--Sox games vs. the Nats, Orioles, and Braves. That's because the MLB's blackout restrictions.

Agree completely. Also appreciate the correction on my comment about batters stepping out of the box. That said, it sure looks as though the batters are more in control than the pitchers.

I happen to have that apple tv subscription, but tonight it was a huge pain getting the game anyway.

Don't forget that I also cannot watch--live, anyway--Sox games vs. the Nats, Orioles, and Braves. That's because the MLB's blackout restrictions.
    Yeah I am getting more and more annoyed every week. Apple TV, Peacock and whatever games being blacked out are really irritating. It’s like they don’t want us to watch their product.

Deity
    Looks like the first 4 guys in the Red Sox lineup got some new bats that worked last night. Hope the rest of the team gets theirs soon.

You have a point as they do need to be in the box looking at the pitcher before the pitcher can throw or else the pitcher gets a violation for quick pitch. I think the batter has until there's 10 seconds left to make himself ready for the pitch

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    How about he's an average LF who's also hitting over .300. That would be good enough for most MLB teams.
    Right. Bloom should check for one in his seat cushions…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Looks like the first 4 guys in the Red Sox lineup got some new bats that worked last night. Hope the rest of the team gets theirs soon.
    I see it differently because I think those first 4 have not been hitting as they should. The game before and the game before that are examples of the bottom of the order carrying the freight.

Story, meanwhile, continues to languish and is now batting 6th. Interestingly, he has the biggest gap on the team between hitting righties and lefties: OPS .857 vs lefties and .364 vs righties. Still just 9 games, however.

Rookie

Tv is getting to be a joke, you have to pay the pay TV, I won 't do it and I miss a lot of games but the hell with them, they make black out rules to screw the viewer